Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Absolute Height of Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by lostjumper, Feb 24, 2010.

1. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Maybe I will post something from Huffington Post or Daily Kos to check out the reaction.. nothing quite like an edited post from Breitbart, see the photoshopped pimp outfit on O'Keefe..
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Breitbart!!!

FAIL.
  4. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes, you can clearly see those are the actual clips of the senators speaking there. I'm sure excellent voiceover was used there to say completely different things...

Fine, I'll post the video on youtube...Who cares what the source is? It's a string of clips with several leading democrats completely melting down when republicans discussed using the nuclear option, or "reconciliation" as the Democrats are trying to term in now-a-days. They called it everything from unconstitutional to an injustice against humanity...and now they are looking to do the exact thing they railed about..

One of Biden's clips is the best when he talks about how awful the nuclear option is, and how when the tides shift and the democrats regain control that they would never use it! Hypocrisy at its finest...
  5. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Holy Diver!!!

FAIL.

see what I did there?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

If you feel it is credible, stand by it.. Breitbart is the lowest of the low, and anything they post is suspect after the photoshopping O'Keefe dressed in a pimp outfit..
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, I dont see what you did...

The next time I pay a dude to break into a congresswoman's office and take down her phone lines, you can say I FAIL.

Next thing I know you will post a book on being a good husband cowritten by Tiger Woods and OJ.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Everybody and Everything that is printed in a negative light about the "phony new democrats" has to be a lie, this according to their Groupies.

The next time Prince Obama smacks his lips and starts talking pretty, the nex time Auntie Pelosi stands in front of the camera's sucking on her false teeth and blinking her bug eyes with all her little lap dogs (reid schumer etc) lined up behind her grinning look closely at them, would you want your family to even be in the same room with these nasty conniving underhanded pig dogs.

They are looking at you the American people right in the face and telling you to go and pound sand up your ass and they will do just as they please whether you like it or not.

Many Of These Bastards Will Be Sent Packing Come Election Day, they are the reason the Tea Party's are growing, they are the reason the militia's are growing.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 6 / -7

Both parties hate the filibuster when they're in the majority and love it when they're in the minority. The Democrats are no greater hypocrites than the Republicans on this issue, sorry.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

So, the longest Filibuster was 24 hours....Strom THurmond (a sick and twisted old fruit)

I dont understand why its so freakin scary to let some self-important senator stand up for a day and make themselves look like a piece of 'you know what' and move on...

Why does this frighten so many people? If a Senator would like to join the ranks of The greatest hypocrite of all time, by all means GET IN LINE AND FILIBUSTER. Heck....Let ALL republicans Filibuster...that would take about a month....I'd gladly wait it out, and watch these people show exactly how much time they are wasting.

There are something like 130 bills waiting on the senate floor being obstructed by the very HINT of a Filibuster...

LET THEM FILIBUSTERRRRRRR!

Let them talk till they drop, and vote after they are done. It couldnt possibly take any longer than trying to posture bipartisanship.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I think all this talk is just that. If the Senate uses Reconcilliation on something that is orders of magnitude in scope beyond what Reconcilliation was intended for or that it's been used for before and if the House passes an unpopular bill, I think the Dems will lose both the House and Senate in November. Not lose seats, lose the majority in both. I honestly don't think they have the votes in the House and I really don't think they're going down the road of Reconcilliation in the Senate.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

health reform WITH a public option nationally polls at some thing like 60-68%....

If a bill passes with a public option, or some form of expansion of medicare....Republicans LOSE.

The public option is VERY popular.
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The free stuff is popular but not when they add in the cost. Then it becomes unpopular.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

(cough-cough)

You still have to pay for the public option...it isnt free. It doesnt have a stock price to slave to, thats the difference.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

The stand alone, generic question does. When specifics come out, each and every plan fails miserably. Why? Cuz specifics come to the forefront.

Ask everyone if they want free cake and ice cream, and I bet you'll get high poll results. Now, tell them that the cake is made with beans, and the ice cream soy, or that the hand out will add a trillion to the deficit, and see where those numbers end up. Everything sounds good when generically asked. It's the specifics that suk.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

As for the video, um, Coke or Pepsi. The video is the purest definition of the term hypocrite. However, if anyone in here thinks that you couldn't make a video of republicans doing/saying the same, then you're kidding yourself. These losers, D & R, are all FOS. They all want to change the rules when they don't get their way. We need term limits ASAP. These clowns need to be turned over by force, every decade and a half or so. 12 years is plenty of time to get your agenda in, and if not, then maybe your agenda just sucks. Seriously, there is a reason why congress is polling at 10%, and that video is why. Pubs threatened to use it 5 years ago, and the dems are now. Coke or Pepsi.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If people needed cake to survive when they get sick....maybe we could talk...until then:

horrible comparison.
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Reconciliation has nothing to do with the nuclear option. Republicans used Reconciliation to push through various tax cuts and budget cuts when Bush was president. They threatened to end the filibuster (which would be the nuclear option), but never did so. That said there are a handful of Senators, both Democrats and Republicans, who have for quite awhile supported ending the filibuster.

But, I'm honestly not sure what your point is. Is it that you are confusing Reconciliation with the nuclear option? And, out of curiosity, are your criticisms equally directed at Republicans who wanted to use the nuclear option, as well as those Democrats? After all, you don't want to be a hypocrite and just criticize the Democrats, or do you?
  19. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was just going to post this. The "nuclear option" was a term coined by Trent Lott (R) in reference to his proposal to ban use of the filibuster for judicial nominees. It has NOTHING to do with reconciliation. So kudos to Breitbart for being a snake (per usual) and trying to redefine what the term "nuclear option" actually means in order to make Democrats look bad.

Also, reconciliation has been used 19 times since 1981. 14 of those times were by Republicans. Including 1996's welform reform which Newt Gingrich called "a profound change in American social policy".
  20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You mean like this sweeping legislation like "W"s massive tax cuts where Darth Cheney cast the 51st vote. The one Opposed by 450 economists

Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    .[3][4][5][6][7] Before the tax cuts were signed President Bush was urged by 450 economists, including 10 Nobel Prize Laureates, in the Economists' statement opposing the Bush tax cuts not to implement his tax cuts.[8] Economists Peter Orszag and William Gale described the Bush tax cuts as reverse government redistribution of wealth.

Vote by Party Yea Nay
    Republicans 48 3
    Democrats 2 46
    Independents 0 1
    Total 50 50
    Vice President Dick Cheney(R): Yes