Crable
Love
Nunn

Woods
Butler
Chung
Bodden
Wilhite

5) Nathan Hodel - A long snapper you say as an important guy to watch? - Yes and for the simple reason that this will be a new guy in the Patriots system as a LS since 1999 (the year before Paxton got here) and as small as his role is,it is a big one..just ask Adam Vinatieri - I want to see how it flows between him,the holder and Stephen

Sean McDermott and Brian Kinchen want to know if they have to return their SB rings since you said they weren't really on the team.... :rolleyes:

Any idea if this game will be televised in the Arlington, VA area?

O'Connell
Bodden
Merriweather
Brace
Guyton

Edelman
Crable
Bodden
Walter
O'Connell

Crable
Chung
Butler
Lenon
Edleman

Unfortunately, other than Brady I don't know if I will get much from watching the starters. I don't expect many of them to bein the line up for very long especially if it is raining. Brady is the exception because all eyes will be trained to him.

My other four will be:

1.) Ron Brace - So much hype about this guy, I will like to see how he moves.
2.) Wheatley - I thought the guy was turning into a pretty good CB before his injury (well as much as a rookie could in midseason). I want to see if he can return and continue that progression or fall deeper on the depth chart behind Bodden, Springs, Butler, and Whilhite.
3.) Chung - I am hopeful he is the permanent replacement for Harrison because I feel that Sanders is a stop gap and can be a liability in coverage. The fast Chung progresses, the better this team can be.
4.) The return man dujour. Ok, this could be one of a half dozen people, but who will be returning kicks is probably one of the biggest question mark now that we have added Burgess and Honbs is gone. I want see if someone emerges from the group to be at least above average.

I'd be looking at our overall pass rush and how well our secondary knows their assigments. Keep an eye on our new/unproven edge rushers and CBs.

I still do not have my TV connected so I'll be on here following it.

Any idea if this game will be televised in the Arlington, VA area?
Live, I think no, since the Skins and Ravens play tonight too. NFL network has the Pats / Eagles on at 11PM tonight.

I won't be able to see the game, but if I could I would be watching:
Brady
Butler
Burgess
Mayo
Galloway
Taylor
Maroney
Crable
Guyton
Springs (will he play?)
Bodden

1.) Has to be Brady. How does he handle getting pressured and hit. How is his timing with the receivers and his accuracy after a year of surgery and golf.

2.) Pats safeties - Are they playmakers or just some players drawing a check?

3.) Pats CB's - How many third and long completions for a first down/touchdown do they give up. How do they tighten it up in the BB soft zone defense.

4.) P. Wood - Can he set the edge on running plays. I doubt he gives us much as a pass rusher, so he better be a beast against the run.

5.) Mayo - Where are the big plays? Any LB can make a ton of tackles 4 plus yards downfield. Where are the momentum changing big plays?

Five Players = Two things we have to improve on

Offensive Line
Vollmer
O'Callaghan

And Pass Rush
Crable
Woods
Burgess

Burgess
Chung
All the RB's.

1. Brady - The most obvious #1.

2. Fred Taylor - Want to see if he can rekindle some of that magic he displayed with the Jags in 2007. How he runs tonight can be a good barometer.

3. Pat Chung - I'm always interested in watching our first round picks in the preseason as, generally, they don't get to see too much playing time in the regular season.

4. Sea Bass - Want to see how he moves and protects against one of the better pass rushing defenses in football.

5. Joey Galloway - Interested to see the rapport he's built with #12.

Honorable mentions - Edelman and Brace.

1) Tom terrific of course

2) Darius butler

3) Brian Hoyer

4) Fred Taylor

5) kick his ass seabass!!

Brady,Wilhite, Nunn, Edelman, Galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes