PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 4th best PR in the NFL last year hits FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
11.1 yard average. and he's a WR. Answer?
Denis Northcutt

This has a Tim Dwight signing written all over it. The advantage of signing him is it helps ST and saves wear and tear on our important 3rd down back, Kevin Faulk.

11.1 yard average. and he's a WR. Answer?
Denis Northcutt

This has a Tim Dwight signing written all over it. The advantage of signing him is it helps ST and saves wear and tear on our important 3rd down back, Kevin Faulk.

northcutt would be a bit more expensive than tim dwight but i do think he would be a nice special teamer and 3rd wr option

northcutt would be a bit more expensive than tim dwight but i do think he would be a nice special teamer and 3rd wr option
The problem with Northcutt is he has sucked as a WR. It could be because he's had poor QB throwing to him - or it could be that he sucks. He's certainly a Patriot type of WR though.

The problem with Northcutt is he has sucked as a WR. It could be because he's had poor QB throwing to him - or it could be that he sucks. He's certainly a Patriot type of WR though.

He definitely had a sub-par year last year, but over his career he has averaged about 500 yards a year. He has had crappy QB's throwing to him him his whole career, but the question is do we really want to bring in another middle of the pack wide receiver when we really don't have a shortage of those. Perhaps we have more of a need for a guy who is cloer to a #1 receiver.

He also has some extra baggage if I remember correctly. For some reason, he's thought of as a real prick in Browns circles.

the 5th best PR was Kevin Faulk

a guy who had 3 punt returns and averaged 25.3 was Chad Jackson

we dont need a PR. plus Willie andrews

the 5th best PR was Kevin Faulk

a guy who had 3 punt returns and averaged 25.3 was Chad Jackson

we dont need a PR. plus Willie andrews

I agree, give Willie Andrews or CJ a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes