PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 4th and 1 TO call, and the Ravens would be stop of Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but after the game Brady said he noticed the timeout call just before going for the sneak, and he stopped. According to Brady if he hadn't noticed the timeout call the Ravens wouldn't have stopped him. With a serious voice he said "I would have got the first down".

This has probably been covered in another thread, but it's not among those I've read.

"I heard the whistle. I stopped."

On tv it appeared to be a strange, lackluster effort.
I believe him.

He was joking! It was a joke people!

I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that. I think he knew they legitimately stopped him. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that. I think he knew they legitimately stopped him. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

Yes, totally. Of course one can never know what would have happened differently if the whistle hadn't blown, but Brady had a big smirk on his face when he said this.

Doesn't matter...a LOT of players will stop or will NOT give full effort when a whistle is blown....so to say he would have been stopped is only a possibility..really BAD call by the Ravens...

I don't think so. I also don't think he stopped because of the whistle.

I thought that was pretty funny actually. Also when he said " You said two questions I'm out of here!" And then you here him say "See ya!" from the background after he's left.

It was absolutely a joke. I remember after the tuck game he said to reporters "yeah of course my arm was going forward. i was going to pass it". He is kidding if you couldn't already tell by the smile.

No they didn't legitimately stop him. I wrote about this on another thread. Light heard the whistle. He was well late coming out of his stance. He got absolutely blown up by a linebacker, and that's whose butt Brady was riding.

On the next play, the guy that tackled Heath Evans actually slipped through a huge gap created when Hochstein pulled long before the ball was snapped.

On both plays, we'll never know if the Patriots would have made the 4th down because both the whistle and the false start gave the Ravens a huge advantage in blowing up the play.

It was absolutely a joke. I remember after the tuck game he said to reporters "yeah of course my arm was going forward. i was going to pass it". He is kidding if you couldn't already tell by the smile.
I remember this. His comments last night about stopping the sneak because of the whistle are in the same humorous context.

Regards,
Chris

Yea, it seemed like the first part of his response could have been him joking, but when he said he would have got the first down the look on his face changed somewhat, and his voice was more serious. I don't know the entire thing could have been him joking, but at least the second part of the response seemed at least somewhat serious to me.

No they didn't legitimately stop him. I wrote about this on another thread. Light heard the whistle. He was well late coming out of his stance. He got absolutely blown up by a linebacker, and that's whose butt Brady was riding.

On the next play, the guy that tackled Heath Evans actually slipped through a huge gap created when Hochstein pulled long before the ball was snapped.

On both plays, we'll never know if the Patriots would have made the 4th down because both the whistle and the false start gave the Ravens a huge advantage in blowing up the play.

You are right....several O lineman on replay appeared to stop when the whistle went off...and Brady was left unguarded.....Think about this....How many times have the pats not converted this year....OR any others on the 4th and 1 QB sneak? Not often....they would have gotten it had the play gone off "unwhistled".......

Well it will go down as one of those great unsolved mysteries. But who cares, we won the football game. :)

You are right....several O lineman on replay appeared to stop when the whistle went off...and Brady was left unguarded.....Think about this....How many times have the pats not converted this year....OR any others on the 4th and 1 QB sneak? Not often....they would have gotten it had the play gone off "unwhistled".......

I thought Brady's quote was in a joking context, but I did see the o-line begin to stop. On the replay, you can see Light turning his head to the official that whistled the play dead.

Doesn't matter...a LOT of players will stop or will NOT give full effort when a whistle is blown....so to say he would have been stopped is only a possibility..really BAD call by the Ravens...
Cousins,
This has been quite a season. When the time out got called as the play went sour, I said we are going to win this game. This might be THE play of the season that will be replayed forever in NFL history if the Pats run the table. How many agree that this was a point of significant interest in the 2007 Pats season?
Now some maybe right, the OL might have let up as the whistle blew. I have not seen the replay. Any other year and that would have been a stop and turn over on downs.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye