PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 49ers Suspend Announcer Ted Robinson two Games for Domestic violence comments

01 ~ It's horrifying that Ms Palmer is backing The Scum on this. It's heartbreaking.

02 ~ But we all, if we're honest, recognize that women continue to play on a diabolically unfair Playing Field, and that Helsinki Syndrome is common, what with the World being rife with abusive "Men."

03 ~ As such, I can only pray for her Liberation. I would not presume to judge her.

04 ~ But the man had a Reasonable Point of View, and his Partners are cowardly & gutless to punish'm, as it's patently obvious that they did so only to protect their wallets, the Chumps.

Last edited:
I get sick and tired of all these issues in society that people say we need to have a national discussion about, and then when someone dares to not toe the properly accepted line, they get smacked down hard.

How are we supposed to have open and honest discussions about controversial issues when people are terrified to speak their minds?

I get sick and tired of all these issues in society that people say we need to have a national discussion about, and then when someone dares to not toe the properly accepted line, they get smacked down hard.

How are we supposed to have open and honest discussions about controversial issues when people are terrified to speak their minds?

This......

Everyday I see women who are trapped in abusive relationships because, they have no other means to support themselves. Its terrible, but a lot of times it is a bed of their own making. If you take the attitude of not getting a career/education and or the ability to support yourself, then you are going to be at the mercy of whatever man you are with. Hopefully he is the kind of man that doesn't spit on you or hit you with a stiff left hook in an elevator, but even if he does, if you have no other way to support yourself, then you have to take it.

It is easy for someone on the outside to say, "just leave him" but the sad truth is, they are prisoners because many of them simply have no place else to go or no one else to turn to.

Everyday I see women who are trapped in abusive relationships because, they have no other means to support themselves. Its terrible, but a lot of times it is a bed of their own making. If you take the attitude of not getting a career/education and or the ability to support yourself, then you are going to be at the mercy of whatever man you are with. Hopefully he is the kind of man that doesn't spit on you or hit you with a stiff left hook in an elevator, but even if he does, if you have no other way to support yourself, then you have to take it.

It is easy for someone on the outside to say, "just leave him" but the sad truth is, they are prisoners because many of them simply have no place else to go or no one else to turn to.
The problem goes beyond that. Generally the disgraces that abuse their loved ones don't limit it to physical abuse. Whether it be shame, fear, denial, etc there's many reasons beyond financial that drive women to stay with and even defend their abusers. Generally these are kind, loving, naive people turned into doormats by monsters. Victim blaming is natural because most of us can't rationalize the actions of either party. However that doesn't make it right.

But the man had a Reasonable Point of View, and his Partners are cowardly & gutless to punish'm, as it's patently obvious that they did so only to protect their wallets, the Chumps.

On the other hand, any business that is not protecting their wallets is fiscally irresponsible. If a business is going to take a stand that the majority of your customers disagree with, it better be on an issue that you have clear cut reasons (e.g., moral, ethical) to do so.

Allowing Robinson to make this statement without any sanction sends an implicit message that you support the opinion - even if you make a follow-up comment to the contrary. If a business is going to go against the flow of popular opinion, this topic would be an odd choice to do so. A business should use discretion in deciding which battles they decide to pick and choose to fight.

The problem goes beyond that. Generally the disgraces that abuse their loved ones don't limit it to physical abuse. Whether it be shame, fear, denial, etc there's many reasons beyond financial that drive women to stay with and even defend their abusers. Generally these are kind, loving, naive people turned into doormats by monsters. Victim blaming is natural because most of us can't rationalize the actions of either party. However that doesn't make it right.

You make a fair point regarding a serial abuser's modus operandi. Control and manipulation by other means than violence can be part of an overall behavior designed to exert maximum control -- though I'd best there are examples of this kind of violence from thoughtless, and without design/visceral, behavior by someone with serious and extremely troubling anger, self control, respect issues.

Yet the "generally these are kind, loving, naive people" comment is not only an unsubstantiated one, it's also an unlikely one given the somewhat scarcity of adult human beings that fit that description. But, ultimately, what's the reason to even assign this kind of extremely hard to live up to virtue to the person that has been wronged?? In Ray Rice's wife's case, it is quite possible she is not a particularly virtuous ("kind, loving") person. Does this matter? Does someone who is just run of the mill kind and at best modestly loving not deserve just as much empathy for being violently assaulted?
IMHO there's absolutely no need, and it's counterproductive, to place the victim on a pedestal of virtue, again one so difficult to live up to, when being the victim of such a violent assault is in and of itself more than sufficient to feel great empathy.
And let me apologize for the obvious 'victim blaming' I just did. I should probably be suspended from posting for 2 games....

You make a fair point regarding a serial abuser's modus operandi. Control and manipulation by other means than violence can be part of an overall behavior designed to exert maximum control -- though I'd best there are examples of this kind of violence from thoughtless, and without design/visceral, behavior by someone with serious and extremely troubling anger, self control, respect issues.

Yet the "generally these are kind, loving, naive people" comment is not only an unsubstantiated one, it's also an unlikely one given the somewhat scarcity of adult human beings that fit that description. But, ultimately, what's the reason to even assign this kind of extremely hard to live up to virtue to the person that has been wronged?? In Ray Rice's wife's case, it is quite possible she is not a particularly virtuous ("kind, loving") person. Does this matter? Does someone who is just run of the mill kind and at best modestly loving not deserve just as much empathy for being violently assaulted?
IMHO there's absolutely no need, and it's counterproductive, to place the victim on a pedestal of virtue, again one so difficult to live up to, when being the victim of such a violent assault is in and of itself more than sufficient to feel great empathy.
And let me apologize for the obvious 'victim blaming' I just did. I should probably be suspended from posting for 2 games....
In my life I've found them to be pretty common traits. It wasn't meant to canonize the victims. I was just attempting to succinctly state some of the common traits taken advantage of.

The virtues of the victim shouldn't matter. However in the eyes of many it will. Not that that was my goal.

IMHO your rant is counterproductive and unneeded. Sorry your corn flakes were pee flavored this morning.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back