PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 49ers Suspend Announcer Ted Robinson two Games for Domestic violence comments

54234809.jpg

Based solely on that article, it seems to have been handled well, straight to the press release in which he says, in effect, "I got some nuance wrong and, for somebody in my job, that's a major screw-up".

Thank god we are stopping people from speaking what they think, finding ways to remove the ability to suggest things that merit discussion (even when wrong), and being much quicker to moral indignation-judgement-'what an F'n outrage, Banish him!' reactions.
We are all much much better off for this.....

The punishment needed to happen. SF cannot afford to have this guy hanging around, when they have the McDonald issue hanging over them. Whether he should be vilified depends on what he meant by pathetic. Traditionally, it has meant deserving of pity and eliciting compassion, which the victims of domestic violence who cannot help themselves certainly are. However, the more common usage these days is deserving of scorn.

Wasn't suspension worthy but was worth making him apologize. It's not always that simple just to leave an abusive relationship.

When you work for someone, you have to follow their code of conduct whether you agree with it or not. It's that simple.

I may not LIKE that the 49rs suspecnded him, but it was certainly the team's prerogative to do so. When you take the King's Shilling, you dance when the King tells you to.

If he doesn't like that, then he's certainly free to look for work elsewhere.

Like I said, I may not agree with what the 49rs did in this instance, but they have the legal right to do so.

I wonder if Mrs Rice is truly scared of Mr Rice, or she is willing to take the odd slap to be rich?

I am going to guess the announcer thinks the latter

This is a hot topic right now to say the least and if I was working for the NFL or any of its affiliates I would not say anything remotely controversial about this because we all know teams will be quick to suspend or fire someone.

Janey still married the man that knocked her out and dragged her unconscious body around then she then turns around and blames the media for the circus this created. Either Janey is scared to death of leaving Rice or she has some serious mental issues.

Last edited:
Gotta love the 49ers' zero tolerance policy on domestic violence.

Blame the victim in domestic violence - Get suspended
Commit domestic violence - Get a spot in the starting line up

Well deserved, what an ignorant/moronic comment.

The 49ers have made very public their no tolerance policy for domestic abuse. They would look like hypocrites if they were soft on someone who's comments could be construed as victim blaming. Given that Harbaugh's brother is already on the hot seat, they really shouldn't take any chances. I think this guy was treated harshly but not entirely unfairly. In the grand scheme of things, a 2 game suspension isn't really that big of a deal and his words definitely needed a little reigning in. Perhaps a public apology would have been enough but he really should have known better given who his employer is.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back