PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 45 active...might be a bit harder depending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Looking at the roster..with two open, I think it may be a bit harder to get to the 45 than in other years..Obviously the next two on the roster will be key, but that might make it all the harder... Now, it's obvious a QB, Gutierrez will be the emergency QB...I really doubt that any RBs will be inactive, but I do think a WR will be with 6...and with injuries bound to happen..absolutely one.
At tight end, I think that is possible, as there are injuries..but usually the team needs 3 active..so this might be hard. two O linemen ..from 9 gives 7 active as is usual. That would be 5....With 6 DL, I think one KBrown might be inactive..making 6. It's here that it gets harder. 8 LBs...I would think they would all be active. 9 DBs...unless an injury say to Wilson, I would think all would be needed to play. Which leads me to the question..if these next 2 roster spots are for players active..then who would become inactive?? Either there will be injuries that will put them on the inactive list or the new players brought in will be more developmental and not primarily to be active. The last two years, the inactive lists each week were filled more so with injured players than with coach's decisions, but hopefully the latter will prevail this year. If that is the case, there may be some tough choices each week.

Last edited:
A guess:

2 WRs and TEs (Caldwell and (Gaffney or Washington))
2 OL (Yates and Britt)
2 DBs (James and Baker)
1 DL (Brown)

Washington's STs contribution may make it difficult to make him inactive
Of course injuries can changes things.

This still leaves a very deep 45 man roster!:D

A guess:

2 WRs and TEs (Caldwell and (Gaffney or Washington))
2 OL (Yates and Britt)
2 DBs (James and Baker)
1 DL (Brown)

Washington's STs contribution may make it difficult to make him inactive
Of course injuries can changes things.

This still leaves a very deep 45 man roster!:D
some of the injured players may not be ready, so the decision will be easy

some of the injured players may not be ready, so the decision will be easy
Maybe...it is possible that will be the case...I still think it might be harder than usual..

Especially considering Troy and Chad on PUP, it's really hard to imagine one of Gaff-Cald-Wash won't be traded at some point during the first half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back