PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 3rd and 2 call by the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Well, with 10 minutes left to go, and facing a 3d and three or four inside the fifteen, the Colts ran right up the gut with Addai. Their line blew ours off the ball by 2 yards, and he picked up the first down easily. They then converted the opportunity for a touchdown in the next series.

They dominated the line of scrimmage, on both sides, in the first 52 minutes. Somehow, it switched dramatically in the last 8, and it was enough for us to win.

I don't think we play our base 3-4 defense much at all against the Colts.

If we were in it on that play I'll stand corrected, but our base 3-4 with Wilfork in the middle has been pretty stout against the run.

See post above.:D (Must be a glich, my reply to AZ ended up before his post, I think.)

I thought it was huge. instead of running with addai they threw to wayne who dropped an easy catch. Would be interesting to know if it was dungy's call or manning's.

I honestly thought they were going with Addai there. He was the offense at that point.

I don't think they were under the illusion that Addai was doing that against our base defense.

I don't think they were under the illusion that Addai was doing that against our base defense.

Well, with 10 minutes left to go, and facing a 3d and three or four inside the fifteen, the Colts ran right up the gut with Addai. Their line blew ours off the ball by 2 yards, and he picked up the first down easily. They then converted the opportunity for a touchdown in the next series.

They dominated the line of scrimmage, on both sides, in the first 52 minutes. Somehow, it switched dramatically in the last 8, and it was enough for us to win.

I think they were just trying to catch us offguard, something Brady will do from time to time. Addai had something like 90 rushing yards racked up early in the game, but ended up only with 110. What was also surprising was the yards per carry for each team was exactly the same. The fourth quarters stats were a complete reversal of the game. The Patriots defense ate the Colts up while the Patriots offense was clicking. Maybe thats why Manning threw long. Glad he didn't throw one of those quick outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back