PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The $25 Million Man...

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
THE $25 MILLION MAN

Whoever they pick, the Raiders will make someone very rich...

The Raiders hold all the cards in next weekend's NFL draft. Their miserable 2006 season guaranteed them the No. 1 overall draft pick, the first crack at a talent buffet laden with enticing prospects such as LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson and Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams.
That No. 1 pick also guarantees the player selected will end up with at least $25 million in his bank account, guaranteed, before he even steps onto a football field for the Raiders.

Some agents believe owner Al Davis will be forced to hand over $28-30 million up front to that No. 1 pick, based on the increased ceiling of the 2007 NFL salary cap ($109 million) and the player agents' desire to eclipse the guarantees given to the top '06 picks.
"That's a little scary, all that money'' Cowboys coach Wade Phillips conceded. "You're talking about investing an awful lot in a single player, and all you really know is how he played in college."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/04/22/SPG6MPCV5Q1.DTL

I'd like to see em take Calvin Johnson and send a monkeywrench into the predicted order to start right off. Besides he is the most talented player in this draft. Watch the dominoes tumble afterwards. It's going to be fascinating who will be moving up for Quinn or Russell. I dunno there's just something about Russell that smells like Ryan Leaf, maybe it's the strong arm but sloppy footwork. Who knows, I just don't have a great feeling for Russell right now. I could be wrong but he'd have to prove it. He's going to have a tough time doing it too with the Raiders offensive line.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back