PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2016-2017 Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could agree and you could sign a vet RB as well, but you only can afford a middle level vet.

Forte isn't looking at a 10 million a season he's looking at 4-5 which makes him a mid level vet. The Patriots spend next to nothing at RB which is why they can afford to spend some money as unit cost is what really matters. If the top of the market was going to be as expensive as most positions are then it would be much more of a problem but at most we are talking about 12-15 million for 3 seasons, and the irony is that the same people who argue that's too much are now talking about Osemele, who will get a 45-50 million dollar deal, I.e... tackle money for a guard.

I like Forte and he's essentially the same age Dillon was when the brought him in, but I would be fine with any of the to RBs on the market, and if they coupled it with a good prospect it would be even better, I just think they need to address the position significantly or they will end up right back where they were the second half of this season with absolutely no one to run the ball.

In comparing Edelman and LaFell, also take into consideration their special teams roles. Amendola is much more valuable on special teams then LaFell. We all saw the problems we had at punt return when Amendola was injured and we had someone else back there fielding punt returns.

Agree completely, Amendola is far more valuable than LaFell is.

What makes you think he would be cheap, given that he played LOT as well. He will argue he should be on the LOT payscale not simply a much lower Guards remuneration.

If you want a cheaper "more talented" Guard and a Top Ten pick, see if the Cards will swap for Cooper. He is currently only second string, and maybe a bust, but Scar might rescue him.

I never said he would be cheap.

If ever there were a time to invest money in a veteran it is the year when the Patriots won't have to use any cap space on a first or a fourth round pick, and their GOAT quarterback just took the worst beating of his career.

Gee, they are both"receivers". but they play different positions, don't they?

Just like Guards and Left Tackles are both linemen, and therefor substitutible, aren't they?

I'm not sure what your point is? It's fairly obvious to anyone who's watched that the troubles of Aaron Dobson go well beyond "just" being injured over the past 3 yrs.

The guy had one or two big games 3 yrs ago when we had no one else to throw the ball to--c'mon. The fact that he was a healthy scratch several times this year speaks volumes, and I'm still not even sure who you're comparing Dobson's position to?

Agree completely, Amendola is far more valuable than LaFell is.

we can easily keep both. Amendola likely will restructure again to stay. and LaFell is pretty cheap. as I said before, everyone jumping on him this year, forgets he had a 74 catch 900yard 7td season the year before and was everything we wanted in an outside receiver. memories are short ...but

its clear his foot injury was something that hindered him this year as he didnt look like the same player. If he can properly heal in the offseason I expect him to return to being that player he was in the superowl year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes