PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Mock draft Thread.

Down on Colt Lyerla after todays game againts Virginia. 4 dropped passes. Ugh..

Jeremy Gallon is an absolute stud.

2014 New England Patriots Revised Mock Draft :D

Straight Up - No Screwing Around :eek:

Round 1 - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT - Minnesota (28)

Round 2 - Marcus Roberson, CB - Florida (62) or Darqueze Dennard, CB - Michigan State (71)

Round 3 - Tyler Larsen, C - Utah State (101)

Round 4 - Jace Amaro, TE - Texas Tech (133)

Round 5 - Isaiah Lewis, SS - Michigan State (165) or Kenny Ladler, FS - Vanderbilt (167)

Round 6 - Isaiah Crowell, RB - Alabama State (220)

Round 7 - Brandon Dixon, CB - Northwest Missouri State (249)

NFL Draft - 2014 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Parenthesis - NFLDraftScout Overall Rankings

love that mock tippett thats very similar too mine id love to get another DT but maybe with grissom back next year and armstead coming back at some point it wont be as huge a deal as i thought

Using the CBS draft rankings for this, no trades just player rankings and what round I'd take the player in some are probably a bit of a reach but hey, it's early in the year yet!

Round 1: Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo (27) or HaSean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama (33)
Round 2: Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee (70)
Round 3: Deandre Coleman DT Cal (111)
Round 4: Bryan Stork C Florida St (136)
Round 5: Marcel Jenson TE Fresno St (154)
Round 6: Carrington Byndom CB Texas (222)
Round 7: Torin Harris CB USC (241)

2 6' CBs to finish the draft, couple of DTs towards the top of the draft because DT depth is a must and BB has a thing for doubling up on a position in the draft (Gronk/Hernandez, Ridley/Vereen, Jones/Bequette, Dobson/Boyce in recent drafts, for example)

love that mock tippett thats very similar too mine id love to get another DT but maybe with grissom back next year and armstead coming back at some point it wont be as huge a deal as i thought
Thanks.

I personally feel there are too many holes on the roster to currently double up on defensive tackles. Besides, the New England Patriots just claimed defensive tackle Chris Jones on waivers today.

Chris Jones*|*Bowling Green,*DT*:*2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Next year, even before the draft, the New England Patriots could potentially have the following defensive tackles under contract:

Wilfork, Vince
Kelly, Tommy
Vellano, Joe
Francis, A.J.
Jones, Chris
Forston, Marcus
Grissom, Cory (currently on IR)
Armstead, Armond (currently on NFI)

Furthermore, the following New England Patriots will be unrestricted free agents next year:

Blount, LeGarrette
Washington, Leon
Edelman, Julian
Hoomanawanui, Michael
Wendell, Ryan
Svitek, Will
Green, Tyronne (currently on IR)
Ninkovich, Rob
Spikes, Brandon
Fletcher, Dane
Talib, Aqib
Cole, Marquice

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Team - Players

FA's Resigned

Edelman, Julian
Hoomanawanui, Michael
Wendell, Ryan (unless he asks for too much then Connolly can play there)
Svitek, Will
Green, Tyronne (currently on IR)
Ninkovich, Rob
Fletcher, Dane
Talib, Aqib

Draft

trade down into the 2nd and pick up a 3rd

2 Brandon Coleman WR
2 Taylor Hart DE/DT
3 Deone Bucannon FS
3 C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
4 Trevor Reilly DE Utah

Even the best receivers have a down game here and there, I still want him bad.

Tight End Jace Amaro provides better value as a fourth round selection.

I was just watching some Stephon Tuitt tape and 1 thing stood out, Louis Nix. I know he is probably a top 10 pick right now but who knows what can happen in 8 months. I think this guy has the potential to be one of the best DT's in the NFL for the next decade. My dream scenario would be Nix fall to us in the 1st, Ra'Shede Hageman in the 2nd and Trey Millard in the 3rd and I would go home very happy. There would no longer be any questions about the D-line, and we get the most versatile weapon in college football.

Tight End Jace Amaro provides better value as a fourth round selection.

The more I watch Amaro the more I'm convinced he will be a 2nd rounder, he is just really good.

I was just watching some Stephon Tuitt tape and 1 thing stood out, Louis Nix. I know he is probably a top 10 pick right now but who knows what can happen in 8 months. I think this guy has the potential to be one of the best DT's in the NFL for the next decade. My dream scenario would be Nix fall to us in the 1st, Ra'Shede Hageman in the 2nd and Trey Millard in the 3rd and I would go home very happy. There would no longer be any questions about the D-line, and we get the most versatile weapon in college football.

The more I watch Amaro the more I'm convinced he will be a 2nd rounder, he is just really good.

Tuitt could project as a stud 3-4 DE.

I've found my binky for this upcoming draft: Colt Lyerla, TE, University of Oregon.

Go to youtube and watch his highlights right now. This will get you started: Colt Lyerla 2012 Highlights - YouTube

How good would this guy look in a Patriots uniform?

Last year I watched a Central Florida game, might have been a bowl, and was impressed by QB Blake Bortles, 6-4, 230. He's a junior. I thought he might be a low round candidate, had a good arm, delivery and can run. He had a great game against Penn State this weekend and has little chance of sneaking through but he might be a late round 1 early round 2 candidate. Replacement for Ryan Mallett.

Last year I watched a Central Florida game, might have been a bowl, and was impressed by QB Blake Bortles, 6-4, 230. He's a junior. I thought he might be a low round candidate, had a good arm, delivery and can run. He had a great game against Penn State this weekend and has little chance of sneaking through but he might be a late round 1 early round 2 candidate. Replacement for Ryan Mallett.

I love Bortles. Oozes leadership on the field. Reminds me of Big Ben.

As for Hageman, that dude is my numero uno. No idea how he'd possibly fall out of the top 10-15, but if he does..... :rocker:

I've found my binky for this upcoming draft: Colt Lyerla, TE, University of Oregon.

Go to youtube and watch his highlights right now. This will get you started: Colt Lyerla 2012 Highlights - YouTube

How good would this guy look in a Patriots uniform?

I couldnt agree more, him, Gronk, and Suds would take us to the next level.

The only thing I don't like about Lyerla is the fact that we will need to use a 1st or high 2nd round pick on him, and if Suds can develop into a servicable TE there is no way I would be able to justify such a high pick. Great talent though.

As for Hageman, that dude is my numero uno. No idea how he'd possibly fall out of the top 10-15, but if he does..... :rocker:

I agree, the guy is a freak and could be dominant when he fully develops. Big, athletic, explosive and versatile, I would love to see what BB could do with him.

Tuitt could project as a stud 3-4 DE.

That's what I was looking at him for, I think he could be a really versatile D-lineman. It looks like there is some really good DL talent in next years draft so we should have some good players to choose from.

The only thing I don't like about Lyerla is the fact that we will need to use a 1st or high 2nd round pick on him, and if Suds can develop into a servicable TE there is no way I would be able to justify such a high pick. Great talent though.

I hear you and part of me would prefer to reserve those picks for guys on the line but we Gronk and Suds are both very injury prone, if we could somehow acquire another solid TE I might think differently.

2014 New England Patriots Mock Draft - 09/18/13 :D

Round 1 - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT - Minnesota (25)

Round 2 - Marcus Roberson, CB - Florida (64) or Darqueze Dennard, CB - Michigan State (70)

Round 3 - Jace Amaro, TE - Texas Tech (96)

Round 4 - Bryan Stork, C - Florida State (136)

Round 5 - Isaiah Lewis, SS - Michigan State (165) or Kenny Ladler, FS - Vanderbilt (167)

Round 6 - Caraun Reid, DT - Princeton (206)

Round 7 - Brandon Dixon, CB - Northwest Missouri State (252)

2014 New England Patriots Mock Draft - 09/21/13 :D

Round 1 - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT - Minnesota (25)

Round 2 - Darqueze Dennard, CB - Michigan State (70) or Kyle Fuller, CB - Virginia Tech (83)

Round 3 - Jace Amaro, TE - Texas Tech (96)

Round 4 - Bryan Stork, C - Florida State (136)

Round 5 - James White, RB - Wisconsin (166) or Austin Wentworth, OT - Fresno State (187)

Round 6 - Caraun Reid, DT - Princeton (206)

Round 6 Compensatory - Rajion Neal, RB - Tennessee (220)

Round 6 Compensatory - Nickoe Whitley, FS/SS - Mississippi State (224)

Round 7 - Brandon Dixon, CB - Northwest Missouri State (252)

P.S. - Not a fan of LeGarrette "fat arse" Blount

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye