PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Woody Johnson employees not named Idzik are not happy with Idzik. One just told me Idzik "operates on his own time & schedule. Unbelievable"

could get interesting....franchise SUCKS

Good thing the Jets aren't a total circus like those Patriots who showed the world how desperate they are by signing one of the best corners to ever play in the prime of his career.

This is awesome

How many SuperBowls have Revis, DRC, Verner, or Munnerlyn Won?

Thread title: How many SuperBowls have Revis, DRC, Verner, or Munnerlyn Won?

That's right..ZERO. CHILL OUT you 19 year old sallies. It's just Free Agency. I would have loved to have Revis back. But none of the other guys on that list are difference makers. In fact, Idzik got the only guy who actually was a playmaker last year in Decker. Calm Down. The Jets will be better next year. And none of the free agents this year would have put them over the top.

ONLY guy who was a playmaker last year was DEcker? He played with PM and now going to Geno Smith. Do these fans not realize this?

So they should only go after players who have won SBs? Great plan guys

C'mon with these wackenhuts...."Decker!!!! Difference maker!!!" said no one in this galaxy ever....

I really can't wait to see Decker as their #1 with geno throwing the ball to him. Remember..Decker was the only play maker out of them

So far this offseason the Pats have improved not only in the talent department but in the toughness/physical department as well. Meanwhile the Jets have gotten softer by adding Decker, who is more of a reality tv star than he is a football player.

This is awesome

ONLY guy who was a playmaker last year was DEcker? He played with PM and now going to Geno Smith. Do these fans not realize this?

Typical Jets fans rational. It is similar to them going to "The Jets are going to have upwards to $50 million in cap money to restock this team in free agency" this time last week to "Idzik is genius to rebuild in the draft like he did in Seattle rather than doing the free agency route that never works".

This is awesome

That argument boomerangs when you consider, for instance, that Revis spent nearly all his career to date as a New Jersey Green Bean.

In related news, John "Quick Draw" Idzik in working on making a competitive offer to Aqib Talib and is confident that Talib will be bowled over by the offer before he can entertain other offers.

Also related, I heard he has his entire staff working up an offersheet to blow Eagles UFA Jeremy Maclin away when free agency begins next week.

Idzik is doing things slow and steady. Just like he did in Seattle. He built that team. Nobody else. He came to the Jets to do the exact same thing. He's got 40 million in available cap space and he's spending it frugally, building toward the future just like he did in Seattle. He's making the Jets ELITE and ensuring their CEILING IS UNLIMITED by eschewing these free agents and going strictly for draftees. He will take the money allotted for the rookies and then , because of the cap spend rules, use the remaining cap allotment to sign the rookies from last year to 8 year, 100 million dollar contracts. Why spend ANY of that 40 million on back end players when you can lock up "Coples the Crippler" and "Ace of Pace"...and even shower Millinery with silk purses filled with millions of dollars more than Revis is ever going to make.

John Idzik...slow and sure...proving that alienating everyone in the league is THE way to build a Super Bowl winner. After all, I cannot stress this enough, HE won that Seattle Super Bowl. It was Idzik...100%...that's why Carroll and the rest of the Seattle organization speak so highly of him...oh wait...well, anyway, they're just jealous that Idzik the Alienator is a smash hit on Broadway.

People are acting like Idzik is lagging behind in his moves when in truth he is way ahead of the curve. 2014 is about Sucking For Luck and he's going to make sure they have that number one overall to take the Stanford Phenom when he comes out next year.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Revis to pick off Geno for 6 in NY this season.

Potentially bad news!

brian costello ‏@briancoz 1h

one thing i just noticed on jets website. You can buy jerseys of tebow, revis, keller, scott but not sanchez, who is still on roster. #nyj

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes