PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, both those guys died years ago.

Not bad, especially since they keep reinventing themselves as a laughingstock, like a stand-up comedian coming out with new material. For me, they always will be the New Jersey Green Beans. (Because they reside in New Jersey and not New York, and whenever they wear all-green unis they look like green beans.)
The jest and along with their fans should be shown on comedy central

JI used to be a very good site, but your are right its devolved into misogynistic nightmare of Pats Hate, Jets Hate, and boob pictures.

I have been posting since 2001 there, at Soothes' invitation, and over the last 5 years watched that board continually shrink in size and viewership. Too bad actually. Maybe its to be expected. Its logical to think that 45 years of abject failure would tend to traumatize a fan base that starts every season playing 2nd fiddle in their own market. By this point all they have to hold on to is hate, envy, anger and jealousy.

Even "close but no cigar" seasons are few and far between. These aren't the Red Sox, who broke our hearts for so long, but also gave us many entertaining seasons of close calls. These are the Cubs, who not only have had an epic Championship drought, but have completely sucked for nearly all of it.

Jet fans dump on teams like the Bills and Vikes, and claim that at least "we've won a championship", but those teams at least have at least made it to the game multiple times and fought for a championship. Jet fans have NOTHING to feel proud of since 1969. In fact he best moment in Jet fan history in the last 45 years, is the playoff win over the Pats in 2010. Pretty sad when your best win in 45 years came in the divisional round. :rolleyes:

But here's the truth. While Jet fans still are among the worst in the league, I think their team is on the upswing. They have an awesome and young DL. They have a HC good enough to manage an 8-8 record with some of the worst personnel in recent memory. They have a GM who seems to have the right idea of how to build a team, and most of all, they have 12 draft picks in a year where there is a VERY deep draft.

The Jets will have a better and more talented team this season. But as often happens, while the team gets better, I think their record will be worse. They are slowly but surely cleaning up their cap situation. The Decker deal was a decent one IMHO for the Jets. They didn't overpay for one of the best #2 WR's in the league.

On the other hand, it was a horrible move for Decker. Whoever advised him that he'd be better off in NJ catch passes from Geno Smith, with an aging and declining OL and no other weapons; than just about any other team in the league, should be fired.:eek: I think most of the negativity that this deal gets is less about it being a bad move by the Jets, and more about how its a bad move for Decker.

One final point before I leave this thread forever - The thread itself has jumped the shark. There should be no need to lower ourselves to the Jetfan level of having a thread like this. Its negative, sophomoric, and lacks the class I would hope we'd all aspire to. For this year, they really shouldn't be the focus of our attention to the point where they need their own thread. It was fun for a couple of years, but now its time to let it go. Grow up and expand our horizons, to be better than Hitman Harris' and their ilk.
Absolutely this thread is negative and sophomoric! It also is creative, entertaining, and serves a vital public service in documenting perennial Green Beans suckage. But, you need a sense of humor to appreciate it. ;)

JI used to be a very good site, but your are right its devolved into misogynistic nightmare of Pats Hate, Jets Hate, and boob pictures.

I have been posting since 2001 there, at Soothes' invitation, and over the last 5 years watched that board continually shrink in size and viewership. Too bad actually. Maybe its to be expected. Its logical to think that 45 years of abject failure would tend to traumatize a fan base that starts every season playing 2nd fiddle in their own market. By this point all they have to hold on to is hate, envy, anger and jealousy.

Even "close but no cigar" seasons are few and far between. These aren't the Red Sox, who broke our hearts for so long, but also gave us many entertaining seasons of close calls. These are the Cubs, who not only have had an epic Championship drought, but have completely sucked for nearly all of it.

Jet fans dump on teams like the Bills and Vikes, and claim that at least "we've won a championship", but those teams at least have at least made it to the game multiple times and fought for a championship. Jet fans have NOTHING to feel proud of since 1969. In fact he best moment in Jet fan history in the last 45 years, is the playoff win over the Pats in 2010. Pretty sad when your best win in 45 years came in the divisional round. :rolleyes:

But here's the truth. While Jet fans still are among the worst in the league, I think their team is on the upswing. They have an awesome and young DL. They have a HC good enough to manage an 8-8 record with some of the worst personnel in recent memory. They have a GM who seems to have the right idea of how to build a team, and most of all, they have 12 draft picks in a year where there is a VERY deep draft.

The Jets will have a better and more talented team this season. But as often happens, while the team gets better, I think their record will be worse. They are slowly but surely cleaning up their cap situation. The Decker deal was a decent one IMHO for the Jets. They didn't overpay for one of the best #2 WR's in the league.

On the other hand, it was a horrible move for Decker. Whoever advised him that he'd be better off in NJ catch passes from Geno Smith, with an aging and declining OL and no other weapons; than just about any other team in the league, should be fired.:eek: I think most of the negativity that this deal gets is less about it being a bad move by the Jets, and more about how its a bad move for Decker.

One final point before I leave this thread forever - The thread itself has jumped the shark. There should be no need to lower ourselves to the Jetfan level of having a thread like this. Its negative, sophomoric, and lacks the class I would hope we'd all aspire to. For this year, they really shouldn't be the focus of our attention to the point where they need their own thread. It was fun for a couple of years, but now its time to let it go. Grow up and expand our horizons, to be better than Hitman Harris' and their ilk.

Wait a minute! There are boob pictures on JI? I guess it isn't as bad as I thought.

BTW, I think most of the better Jets posters have gone to The Gang Green. That board is more rational and thought out and they actually ban guys like Rah! Rah!

Haven't they made it to the AFC championship 3 times since 98? To a lot of fans not named the Pats,9ers,Steelers etc that is ok.

However they do suck and it has a lot more to do with their ownership,coaches and fan base more than anything else.

Wait a minute! There are boob pictures on JI? I guess it isn't as bad as I thought.
Perhaps he meant he was trying to picture the boobs behind it.

I can't believe Jetster is from NH. Gonna hunt him down...

sanchezpick_medium.gif

mark-sanchez-fumble.gif

Come to think of it, I hope Sanchez beats out Geno Smith in camp. :D

Haven't they made it to the AFC championship 3 times since 98? To a lot of fans not named the Pats,9ers,Steelers etc that is ok.

However they do suck and it has a lot more to do with their ownership,coaches and fan base more than anything else.

Two of those appearances were the direct result of an uncapped year. They loaded up so much that after dumping tens of millions in the uncapped year, they are only just getting out of cap hell 3 years later.

With all due respect, I think you have it wrong: what JI and other boards need is a thread like this one just because it prevents the rest of the board from becoming a freak show like almost all of JI is. I don't know if it was brilliance or just cold hard experience that led to the creation of this thread and its predecessors, but it is the magnet for all the things you speak of and as such keeps it out of the rest of the forum. Those that find it amusing can participate and those who think it is beneath the board merely have to ignore this thread rather than leave the entire site in disgust.

I also disagree with your analysis of the Jets situation, at least till they let Sanchez go, and perhaps beyond. Those who think he should stay as a decent backup are ignoring the fact that the position is not just about how you throw the ball, it's also about how you lead the team. Sanchez has lost most of the locker room, much of the staff (other than Rexy), and a huge percentage of the fan base. The Jets should have picked up a veteran backup who is has good leadership skills cheap, and told Gino it was his job to lose. The fact that the staff doesn't recognize this bodes poorly for the team. It amplifies the fact that their good spell had to do with a previous regime blowing the bank in an uncapped year rather than some actual management skill.

Has sg3 been around? Haven't seen him in a while. That jackass hitman harris has taken over though.

Holy moron

Wow, I can't believe there is actually someone who covers the Pasts* who is 100% right!!

And I love how clownish Pasts* fans try to pretend to laugh it off... There's a HUGE difference between this guy and Manish.

Manish flat out makes up lies and throws every piece of dogshyt at the wall as he possibly can, making a fool of himself every step of the way, being ridiculed nationally.
This Borges guy is telling it EXACTLY how it is, and he's the only one doing it. And he's not even piling on because he could be going WAY harder!
Pasts* fan hypocrites don't like what he has to say because they are delusional.
Everyone else in the entire country knows he's right.

Boston Herald's Borges killing Pats on Twitter - Page 2

You know what i think? I think that forum is run by 1 person. 1 complete idiot. There can't be THAT many people like this right? All congregating at the same place at the same time?

My head hurt...

I also disagree with your analysis of the Jets situation, at least till they let Sanchez go, and perhaps beyond. Those who think he should stay as a decent backup are ignoring the fact that the position is not just about how you throw the ball, it's also about how you lead the team. Sanchez has lost most of the locker room, much of the staff (other than Rexy), and a huge percentage of the fan base. The Jets should have picked up a veteran backup who is has good leadership skills cheap, and told Gino it was his job to lose. The fact that the staff doesn't recognize this bodes poorly for the team. It amplifies the fact that their good spell had to do with a previous regime blowing the bank in an uncapped year rather than some actual management skill.

Bingo

QB is the most important position on the team. All Rex has done is keep the turmoil of a QB controversy alive and well.

With all due respect, I think you have it wrong: what JI and other boards need is a thread like this one just because it prevents the rest of the board from becoming a freak show like almost all of JI is. I don't know if it was brilliance or just cold hard experience that led to the creation of this thread and its predecessors, but it is the magnet for all the things you speak of and as such keeps it out of the rest of the forum. Those that find it amusing can participate and those who think it is beneath the board merely have to ignore this thread rather than leave the entire site in disgust.

Exactly, SpacePerson.
Every Patsfan thread is well moderated with responsible enemy teams' fans welcome even if they're fun ball busting.

THIS thread is the exception. Pretty much but not quite no holds barred within reason. It's a fun outlet and someplace for us more juvenile minds to blow off steam. Thread Ignore makes it go away if it's not to your taste.

I love the Thread Ignore feature!

Sweeping them with Revis is going to be extra sweet this year. I hope Revis has monster games abusing Geno Smith. Pick-6 and spiking the ball on their logo would sit well with me. Man, Metlife is gonna' be hot this year.

What kind of an off-season is it when the Jets don't even win the March Superbowl? :D

Ken, I love you Man, but you are all WET.

You are a great analyst and a great read every week (part one of your post is more evidence of that)

But then you go and jump the shark in your last para.

Leave the thread forever...... PUHHH LEASE. you only said that for artistic attention-getting. You know you will be back. ... sooner or later someone is going to post the joke, video, modified-still that tops the butt-fumble video (hard to believe, but yes this will happen some day- my money is on Joker) and you know you will want to experience it when it does!!!

And you are clearly forgetting the whole point of why the thread started in the first place. The mods got tired of every third thread going into a jester-rage thread; so they merged them up. To my recollection it wasnt an intentional long-term idea; but just a reaction to the moment of lets clean up the board... and HEY IT WORKED. the rest of the threads became a lot more respectful, cooperative, and tolerant of outsiders. And because it worked, it was repeated YEAR FOR YEAR.
So now you want to blow that up and try to make the whole board into some lily-white oxford-English polite tea society. clue here: you cant change human nature. You need to give a place for that venting (vegas show-girls) if you want the tea-society (opera house) to thrive elsewhere.
Plus ... I ENJOY IT. so dont take it away from me.
so get off the high horse and come back to play in the mud with the rest of us every once in a while.

Holy moron

Boston Herald's Borges killing Pats on Twitter - Page 2

You know what i think? I think that forum is run by 1 person. 1 complete idiot. There can't be THAT many people like this right? All congregating at the same place at the same time?

My head hurt...

Hitman Harris has replace Rah! Rah! as the board clown over there. In fact, this guy actually makes Rah! Rah! look objective.

The funny thing he spouted out all week that Revis would never play for Belichick and the Pats would never pay Revis and then Revis is already tearing apart the team and Edelman would never re-sign with the Pats now.

Not only do I love this thread, I think we need another one for Denver :D

What kind of an off-season is it when the Jets don't even win the March Superbowl? :D

Win the March Super Bowl? Did they even make the March playoffs? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing