PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ironic thing is that the last 15 years have been the best years in Jet football history. I mean think about it. They have 2 AFCCG's and significantly more winning seasons that losing ones. It simply drives those guys crazy that the best years in their team's history STILL has them 2 steps behind our Pats. :eek: That's why when anything bad happens to the Patriots, its a good day in green bean country. ;)

Just the other day when a friend of mine was talking about the Jets, his cat vomited a green hairball.

Last edited:
I play keep away with a Jets hat with my pooch, Pat all the time...the other day he grabbed the hat and took it to the edge of the treeline in my backyard...then he took a massive dump on it. Later he dug a hole and buried it. "Good doggie!!!" I told him over and over...and then I gave him some fresh butcher bones from the local market. A Pats fan's best friend I tell 'ya...

Just the other day when a friend of mine was talking about the Jets, his cat vomited a green hairball.

This reads suspiciously like a creation myth narrative...

This reads suspiciously like a creation myth narrative...
If you're referring to the Green Beans' alleged championship win many decades ago, I agree. Historical scholars already have begun debating its authenticity.

No, it happened, I am sure of it. So did the moon landing.

Since then, NASA has returned to the moon several times, launched and retired the space shuttle, launched skylabs I and II, acted as one of three or four lead agencies on the International Space Station, launched the Hubble and Kepler observatories, discovered hundreds of exo-planets, launched several rovers to Mars and probes throughout the solar system, observed the spectacular breakup of shumaker-levy 9 and its effect on the Jovian upper atmosphere, and gotten well along the way to a manned mission to mars that I expect to see in my lifetime.

The Jets, on the other hand, have succeeded in creating false hopes, broken dreams, and two AFCCG appearances - not wins, mind you, appearances - in the same span of time. Wait, did they go to the AFCCG before this century? I forget actually. To us, losing in the SB is a bad season, after all. Losing in the AFCCG is sort of a blip - a decent season but certainly nothing to celebrate. I know, I know, we're spoiled.

Sorta like NASA I guess. I hesitate to come up with an agency the Jets can be said to resemble, for fear of insulting the competence and fan-friendliness of, for example, the Internal Revenue Service.

I think that when our friend said "creation myth" what he meant was more an account of how suffering came into the world. Was it a snake that tempted a woman to eat forbidden fruit or did a cat vomit something green and repellent? Who knows?

Yes, Mike, something like that. But I do not limit this analysis to Western Religion. In Buddhism, one summing up of Samsara, the wheel of life, death, and rebirth, is "Life is suffering, disease, and death." Similar to the coughing up of a green hairball equating to the Christian original sin, I think one could easily substitute "The Jets" for "Life" in the Buddhist formulation herein quoted.

Maybe NJ's governor is responsible for maintaining their Road to the Super Bowl...

I think it's more like this...

car-flying-off-cliff.jpg

"Like this traffic jam isn't bad enough... I'm stick behind this guy the whole time..."
thumb.aspx

Actually Tune, I think you just won the Internet

12:24 am. Jets still suck.

12:32 a.m. .............year 2714...the solar system is inhabited by humans on the moons of Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus...as of this date the Jets still suck...but they are the favorite team of the inhabitants residing on the moon Brandon-Moore65, orbiting Uranus...of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back