PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, SOFJ! Rexy has got to have the worst coaching karma ever. You get a pick, but you can't make the field goal? The refs call a first down, but the chain gang is confused so you throw a challenge just to get things "straightened out" and the end result is you lose the challenge and a time out? LOL, freaking LOL!

Here's to hoping this "performance" gives Woody a Woody and he ends up keeping Idzik, Rexy and Gee-No!

How can they fire a guy with this on the resume...

"Led JEST to impressive moral victory by losing by a total of 3 points in regular-season Super Bowl games in 2014."

How can they fire a guy with this on the resume...

"Led JEST to impressive moral victory by losing by a total of 3 points in regular-season Super Bowl games in 2014."
Why are you doing this PatsfaninVa? You're better than this, don't let the Joker and others influence you!

Why are you doing this PatsfaninVa? You're better than this, don't let the Joker and others influence you!
You need to understand something: this is the JETS SUCK thread. It's NOT the place for Green Beans fans like yourself to question the motives of Patriots fans. Had New Jersey won today, I have no doubt you would've been talking trash at a level beyond what you first came here with weeks ago. You are welcome to talk football and have otherwise civil conversations in other threads, just don't come here looking for sympathy over your suck-ass scumbag team. Find a fellow loser to drown your sorrows with.

You're better than this, don't let the Joker and others influence you

Now, what famous Pats fan poster does THIS sound exactly like? "You're better than this..."...must have read that specific line hundreds and hundreds of times this summer and at the start of the season.

You need to understand something: this is the JETS SUCK thread. It's NOT the place for Green Beans fans like yourself to question the motives of Patriots fans. Had New Jersey won today, I have no doubt you would've been talking trash at a level beyond what you first came here with weeks ago. You are welcome to talk football and have otherwise civil conversations in other threads, just don't come here looking for sympathy over your suck-ass scumbag team. Find a fellow loser to drown your sorrows with.
Tunescribe, why so harsh? I was clearly joking, and of course I would have been talking trash had we beaten the Patriots. We didn't make enough plays offensively, and your team gutted out a tough divisonal game. I'm done with the trolling, you don't have to be a jerk :)

1221back.jpg

Too bad, degeneRATS...your green scum is the only Christmas present you will ever get...scumbags.

And now, the Jets are on to their best contest, the Off-Season Super Bowl!

Too bad, de-geno-RATS...your green scum is the only Christmas present you will ever get...scumbags.

Fixed it for ya! :D

There comes a time when the Jets' coaching staff must take its share of blame for what can only be called truly stupid football.

Blame John Idzik all you want for the Jets’ woes, but this loss to Tom Brady and Patriots is on Rex Ryan - NY Daily News

But really, there comes a time when the Jets’ coaching staff must take its share of blame for what can only be called truly stupid football. It wasn’t Idzik who called for Smith’s deep drop on third-and-4 at the Pats’ 24, when the Jets were within an easy field goal of taking the lead late in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t Idzik who then iced his own kicker by messing up the play clock and line assignments, calling a hectic timeout.

Finally, it wasn’t Idzik who allowed Calvin Pryor and Dawan Landry to knock Brandon Bolden out of bounds after the Patriot back already had a first down with 1:41 left in the game. At that juncture, the Jets should have let Bolden score, their last, remote chance.

This, in the end, is on Rex Ryan...​

The cruelest fact for the Jets: Brady, Belichick won’t go away

It’s deeper than that, though. The psychology of this rivalry will always run deeper than that. The Jets and Pats were harmless neighbors for most of the first 35 years of their shared existence. Then the Jets stole Bill Parcells, who was very much under contract with the Patriots, who was in the middle of coaching them to the Super Bowl in fact.

Is this the worst karmic crime ever committed? You wouldn’t think so. But it certainly seemed to hack off some celestial football deities.​

Really? After your 50 "Wait until Week 16" posts? You've been treating this meaningless game as "Your Super Bowl" for half the season... you should be thanking the Pats for improving your draft position -- and if that comes with a little old-fashioned JEST-shaming, well, so be it.

Look my brother-from-another-mother-who-had-the-misfortune-of-liking-the-JEST, this thread is about hating your team. It's irrational from our point of view of course, since your team poses no threat. But it is, was, and always will be a good time to hate the JEST in a New England board.

What I take issue with, at times, is the calumny heaped on people who are unfortunate enough to have a NY JEST loyalty -- I don't feel that individuals, when well-mannered enough, should be hated too hard. It's not their fault (sometimes) that they are JEST fans.

You've taken the first halting steps away from this ill-considered loyalty, and I wish you well in your future journey in fandom. If you like, you can reserve an "unless they're good this year" step-down clause. They'll crush you in the end, but that way you won't feel as if you've missed out in the event the JEST are alive in the post-season. After all you wouldn't want to have missed your two shining years of glory when you went to the AFCCG -- you know, one game shy of being the SB loser... a season that Pats fans always have to take as a disappointment.

I know, we're spoiled. Only 1 team in 32 wins it all every year. By the law of averages, the JEST should have one at least one NFL championship by now, just by dumb luck.

But then, we hogged 3 of them, and regrettably, took the JESTs' chances to appear in 4 others.

That breaks my heart as a Pats fan. In this we are united. If the Pats hog the AFC's chances of winning Super Bowls, we ought to damn well win them.

Let's both hope that Brady and company come away with another ring this season. And a couple more the next two. That would be a nice bookend for the career of the greatest QB of all time. (And would also help you in the usual JEST self-justification machine -- how could you have been expected to win at any time during those two decades???)

There comes a time when the Jets' coaching staff must take its share of blame for what can only be called truly stupid football.
Finally, it wasn’t Idzik who allowed Calvin Pryor and Dawan Landry to knock Brandon Bolden out of bounds after the Patriot back already had a first down with 1:41 left in the game. At that juncture, the Jets should have let Bolden score, their last, remote chance.

Ironically , I don't think Wrecks knew the game was over after the Bolden first down. Watch his reaction when TB12 takes a knee. I think he forgot how badly he mismanaged the game by blowing two critical timeouts! (1) his OC wanted to punt the ball and not attempt the FG that was eventually blocked by Vince. Wrecksie overruled but was too confused and WASTED a timeout to overrule a good decision (pin the Patriots with 5 mins left. And (2) he wasted the second one challenging the DA first down. Wrecks... Newsflash, spot rulings challenges are won .0001% of the time. CBS had a backfield camera angle on the measurement .... this confused the sh$t out of Wrecks.

In any event, it would be fantastic if that team was dumb enough to not fire this defensive coordinator~

And athletes SAY this all the time.

Not when they play for a coach that holds players accountable.

Wrecks Ryan: "Play like a NY Jet".
Players: But Wrecks....we are, we are.

Blame John Idzik all you want for the Jets’ woes, but this loss to Tom Brady and Patriots is on Rex Ryan - NY Daily News

But really, there comes a time when the Jets’ coaching staff must take its share of blame for what can only be called truly stupid football. It wasn’t Idzik who called for Smith’s deep drop on third-and-4 at the Pats’ 24, when the Jets were within an easy field goal of taking the lead late in the fourth quarter. It wasn’t Idzik who then iced his own kicker by messing up the play clock and line assignments, calling a hectic timeout.

It's stuff like this and the total mishandling of TOs in the closing minutes of a 1 point game that simply prove that those defending Ryan as a good coach totally lose me.

The best is their stupid site GangGreen where sophomoric fans post silly threads. The organization is just terrible from ownership to GM to HC to the players and to the fans. Of course there are some exceptions but for the most part any association with that organization = loser.

The best is their stupid site GangGreen where sophomoric fans post silly threads. The organization is just terrible from ownership to GM to HC to the players and to the fans. Of course there are some exceptions but for the most part any association with that organization = loser.
And stupid threads aren't posted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye