PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you don't like my posts put me on ignore. It's as simple as that.

No.We don't like your posts. In fact, we are probably at odds with the knowledge that you exist and are presumably capable of infecting the gene pool going forward. We will continue to monitor your de-evolutive behavior to insure the rest of the human race can ,at least, get a forewarning of the potential catastrophe that awaits if all of you green trogs continue to procreate unchecked.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
if you don't like my posts put me on ignore. It's as simple as that.

No.We don't like your posts. In fact, we are probably at odds with the knowledge that you exist and are presumably capable of infecting the gene pool going forward. We will continue to monitor your de-evolutive behavior to insure the rest of the human race can ,at least, get a forewarning of the potential catastrophe that awaits if all of you green trogs continue to procreate unchecked.

It's a simple as that.

Do you think Jetsfan987654321 is stupider-looking than the guy in your sig, Joker?
(This is a trick question by the way)

I believe my sig to be the doppelganger of said cretin currently infesting this thread...

Ex-Jesters reliving their agony:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554285

Sanchez finished 20 of 29 for 217 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions two years after he was the starter for the New York Jets and infamously ran into the back side of one of his offensive linemen for a fumble (sic, butt-fumbled that New England returned for a touchdown in a 49-19 Thanksgiving rout.

"It is like my favorite holiday, so that's not cool," Sanchez said. "It was a bummer. The game plan was to try not to do that (sic, implying: unlike Sexy Rexy's plan back then). And we accomplished that (sic, naturally, since I am no longer a JESTer)."

Amazing how entirely incompetent loser football players can become at least passable when no longer affiliated with the black-hole of suckage.

Last edited:
Ex-Jesters reliving their agony:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554285

Amazing how entirely incompetent loser football players can become at least passable when no longer affiliated with the black-hole of suckage.

I was thinking as I was watching that last night...how do Jest fans feel now?

I have to think that his success elsewhere spells the end of the Ryan era in New Jersey. I actually think there was a chance they might have brought him back because he hasn't "lost the locker room", but after seeing what happens when a quarterback is properly coached, I think that's the death warrant.

That said, I hope Ryan stays in New Jersey for 15 more years.

I was thinking as I was watching that last night...how do Jest fans feel now?

I have to think that his success elsewhere spells the end of the Ryan era in New Jersey. I actually think there was a chance they might have brought him back because he hasn't "lost the locker room", but after seeing what happens when a quarterback is properly coached, I think that's the death warrant.

That said, I hope Ryan stays in New Jersey for 15 more years.

If the Jets' abject performance in Detroit wasn't a sign that Rex had lost the locker room, the human mind simply cannot comprehend how bad they would be if his team quit on him ...

If the Jets' abject performance in Detroit wasn't a sign that Rex had lost the locker room, the human mind simply cannot comprehend how bad they would be if his team quit on him ...
It all fell apart against Green Bay in the second half. Geno Smith actually looked like a real NFL QB for most of the game, but then he threw a pick and Rodgers took over. Rex should have been fired after the '12 disaster, but, of course, the Woodster had other ideas.

Okay, if you want to talk football let's do so.

Would you agree or disagree that the one thing that good teams have in common is good ownership?

Why then would you believe that the Jets are on the verge of a championship and lengthy run of success?

My son just pointed out that the NFC championship game could be the Cardinals vs. the Eagles, and thus two QB's cut by the Jets (to make room for Tebow and Smith). Has that every happened before? Anyone up to doing that research?

Okay, if you want to talk football let's do so.

Would you agree or disagree that the one thing that good teams have in common is good ownership?

Why then would you believe that the Jets are on the verge of a championship and lengthy run of success?
I'm not a Woody fan, but we've had success under him and we can do it again. I honestly don't care if we have a lengthy run of success, all I want to see is ONE superbowl. As the Giants and Ravens have shown , you don't need a great team to win it all, however, if your team, especially your Quarterback get hot at the right time damage can be done. Woody needs to either fire Idzik or demote him, and after this he NEEDS to hire a GM with prior experience, or one who has been actively involved in football decisions with other franchises . I'm tired of these cap guys such as Tanny and Idzik. We need a GM, who is actually a FOOTBALL guy.

I'm not saying we'll win it all next year, or the year after that, but I believe IF we get our franchise QB( he doesn't have to be a superstar) we can win a superbowl within the next 5 to seven years. It's easier said than done, but it CAN happen.

Also, You can have success with an incompetent owner, look at the Colts and Irsay. Irsay , in. my my opinion, is a terrible owner, yet his team continues to win. It just goes to show that a franchise Quarterback can make even the worst of worst owners look good.

Last edited:
I'm not a Woody fan, but we've had success under him and we can do it again.

What Super Bowl did Woody Johnson win? I mean, the regular super bowls with the roman numerals, not the pre-season one you guys declare you've won every year, and not the "This is our super bowl" games whenever you play the Pats?

I mean, Woody bought the team in 2000.

I don't know which owner you thank for SB III. The Werblin Syndicate? By the way, The Werblin Syndicate sounds like a gang of super-villains that Green Lantern would fight. My guess is he'd beat them. It's a JEST thing.

You have not had success under Johnson. In addition, his name screams "****." Twice.

You had a long-haired rapist that got a few sacks in the 80s... but not much else. Oh yeah, Ken O'Brien was decent too, but I said that before. But really, other than a one-game wonder in 1969, there's just no real reason to think the JEST can "succeed." I mean, other than your earlier "law of averages" thing.

Just saying.

What Super Bowl did Woody Johnson win? I mean, the regular super bowls with the roman numerals, not the pre-season one you guys declare you've won every year, and not the "This is our super bowl" games whenever you play the Pats?

I mean, Woody bought the team in 2000.

I don't know which owner you thank for SB III. The Werblin Syndicate? By the way, The Werblin Syndicate sounds like a gang of super-villains that Green Lantern would fight. My guess is he'd beat them. It's a JEST thing.

You have not had success under Johnson. In addition, his name screams "****." Twice.

You had a long-haired rapist that got a few sacks in the 80s... but not much else. Oh yeah, Ken O'Brien was decent too, but I said that before. But really, other than a one-game wonder in 1969, there's just no real reason to think the JEST can "succeed." I mean, other than your earlier "law of averages" thing.

Just saying.

We've been to the post season six times under Woody, including two AFC Championship game apperances, with six playoff wins. Look at the '08 Giants compared to the ' Jets, there isn't much of a difference. The Giants just had more luck in their postseason runs than we did. Our offensive line, defense, and running game were superior to those Giants,but they caught a few breaks, while we had ran into Peyton and Big Ben. We've been close, we can do it again. Will we do it? I don't know. But we can do it. If we get into the postseason with a hot QB, who knows what will happen?

I'm not a Woody fan, but we've had success under him and we can do it again. I honestly don't care if we have a lengthy run of success, all I want to see is ONE superbowl. As the Giants and Ravens have shown , you don't need a great team to win it all, however, if your team, especially your Quarterback get hot at the right time damage can be done. Woody needs to either fire Idzik or demote him, and after this he NEEDS to hire a GM with prior experience, or one who has been actively involved in football decisions with other franchises . I'm tired of these cap guys such as Tanny and Idzik. We need a GM, who is actually a FOOTBALL guy.

I'm not saying we'll win it all next year, or the year after that, but I believe IF we get our franchise QB( he doesn't have to be a superstar) we can win a superbowl within the next 5 to seven years. It's easier said than done, but it CAN happen.

Also, You can have success with an incompetent owner, look at the Colts and Irsay. Irsay , in. my my opinion, is a terrible owner, yet his team continues to win. It just goes to show that a franchise Quarterback can make even the worst of worst owners look good.

Mara, Bisciotti and Irsay may not all be awesome dudes, but I think they're all decent owners. They run their teams well.

Ohhhhhh okay so going to the playoffs is still the big get for you guys. Got it. :)

People still say "18-1" to Pats fans as a taunt. I guess that's one way it's different in New York.

Mara, Bisciotti and Irsay may not all be awesome dudes, but I think they're all decent owners. They run their teams well.
I think Irsay has just gotten lucky (no pun intended ). His team was awful in '98 and then he drafts Peyton. Peyton suffers a neck injury, and then the Colts draft the best QB prospect in recent memory. This brings me to my next point, Peyton should have been ours! I love what Parcells did for us on the field, but he cost us Peyton.

Peyton in no way deserved that fate

He would have succeeed with Parcells. We may not have gone to the AFC Championship game, but we would have been better in the long run. Hell, Bill may have stayed with us had we drafted Manning. ;)

He would have succeeed with Parcells. We may not have gone to the AFC Championship game, but we would have been better in the long run. Hell, Bill may have stayed with us had we drafted Manning. ;)
I think he probably would've pulled what his bro Eli pulled a few years later and outright refused to play for the Jets... If the Mannings are too good for the Chargers, they're too good for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes