PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I compared Jets fandom to staying in a relationship with an abusive partner, and I was being charitable. I was thinking of comparing it to necrophilia because Jets fans are in love with a team that passed away a long time ago, 1969 to be precise.

Did you seriously not leave yet?

If you have any delusions that you are wanted here?
There are very good posters here, I'm here to educate the terrible posters such as yourself. Another poster added to my ever growing ignore list :). Thank You for Being a Fan!

I'm here to educate

If education means learning the right way to develop a team is to find a mediocre vet and teach him one offensive system while drafting a rookie and teaching him a different offensive system, I'll pass on your kind of education.

The reality of why you are here is that you are a troll. I know it, you know it, we all know it...

ie-troll-meme-generator-internet-troll-11398d.jpg

I just want to say I was a Pats fan for the bad years and the worse years. Now granted, with the Pats we had playoff years and "missed it by that much" years mixed in with 2-14 years, during lean times.

But I was in it from back when I idolized Sam Bam Cunningham... I remember the joy of climbing to 11-3 in 76, and Ben Dreith putting an end to that season, and Sports Illustrated saying we're an "underachieving" team about that time about ready to make the big jump and win a super bowl... then getting run over by Earl Campbell in the 79 playoffs.

Then the near playoff misses in the early 80s... a 2-14 faceplant somewhere in there... then the climb back to relevancy until the Bears and Irving Fryar's kitchen knives cut my heart out.

Then getting eliminated the next season, and after that no playoffs until the mid 90s... then what looked like our "normal" super bowl appearance/loss every 10 years (hey it was progress) under Drew.

But then we were back in 2001... that looked good... and hot damn we won! And I figured it was a one-time thing... and then 2003 and 2004... and we've been regular visitors to the big game since then (Just need to win another).

The JEST can tell themselves a story like that, except it climaxes in 1969 and has no foreseeable future.

But I've been this guy... ridiculed for sticking with my team. I can live without the ridicule thank you, but I'm not pulling this "Former Pats Fan" **** and going to another team, no offense Former Cowboy dude.

Honestly, a few more years of Tom is fine by me. But when the time comes, and it might be Jimmy Grapes or it might not, I was a Pats fan pre-TFB, and I'll be one post-TFB. Whatever QB we field is the one I'm hoping can come through.

So hats off, JEST fan, although it's not a comparable experience and never will be.

I admire your spirit, but it's like watching a guy rhapsodizing about the craftsmanship that goes into Blatz beer when you've got a nice cold Sam Adams. Or your favorite beer here. I would like to think that JEST fans suffer for all our sins, but they suffer meaninglessly, unless you are investing your suffering with meaning.

Clearly you are, and it's not for me to pry a man from his faith, self-destructive though it may appear to a skeptical world.

But I must add the cold water: your team is truly ****, my friend. They will continue to be ****. So it was, so it shall ever be.

I salute your loyalty. You have truly chosen precisely the wrong team to accord it to. I would not think less of you if you abandoned ship, given the extreme case represented by the JEST. But team-hopping was never my style either.

Anybody else remember any lean times with this team? Give the poor bastard his due.

Then make fun of him some more.

And in other cases, teams go into the off-season and they don't come back.
And in one exceptional case, a team wins a postseason exhibition game between two different leagues, falls off a cliff into a black hole of suckage, and still hasn't come back after 46 years.

But I've been this guy... ridiculed for sticking with my team. I can live without the ridicule thank you, but I'm not pulling this "Former Pats Fan" **** and going to another team, no offense Former Cowboy dude.

I find it ironic that I was mocked for suggesting that real-world situations like domestic abuse and worse have their parallels with respect to sports fandom, but in turn others seem to be implying that sports fandom imparts real-world benefits like building character, even if it means remaining loyal to unmitigated suckage. Maybe my irony detector is turned up too high, but I'm OK with that, thank you.

But I must add the cold water: your team is truly ****, my friend. They will continue to be ****. So it was, so it shall ever be.

Harsh - I like it! :)

I just want to say I was a Pats fan for the bad years and the worse years. Now granted, with the Pats we had playoff years and "missed it by that much" years mixed in with 2-14 years, during lean times.

But I was in it from back when I idolized Sam Bam Cunningham... I remember the joy of climbing to 11-3 in 76, and Ben Dreith putting an end to that season, and Sports Illustrated saying we're an "underachieving" team about that time about ready to make the big jump and win a super bowl... then getting run over by Earl Campbell in the 79 playoffs.

Then the near playoff misses in the early 80s... a 2-14 faceplant somewhere in there... then the climb back to relevancy until the Bears and Irving Fryar's kitchen knives cut my heart out.

Then getting eliminated the next season, and after that no playoffs until the mid 90s... then what looked like our "normal" super bowl appearance/loss every 10 years (hey it was progress) under Drew.

But then we were back in 2001... that looked good... and hot damn we won! And I figured it was a one-time thing... and then 2003 and 2004... and we've been regular visitors to the big game since then (Just need to win another).

The JEST can tell themselves a story like that, except it climaxes in 1969 and has no foreseeable future.

Honestly, a few more years of Tom is fine by me. But when the time comes, and it might be Jimmy Grapes or it might not, I was a Pats fan pre-TFB, and I'll be one post-TFB. Whatever QB we field is the one I'm hoping can come through.

So hats off, JEST fan, although it's not a comparable experience and never will be.

I admire your spirit, but it's like watching a guy rhapsodizing about the craftsmanship that goes into Blatz beer when you've got a nice cold Sam Adams. Or your favorite beer here. I would like to think that JEST fans suffer for all our sins, but they suffer meaninglessly, unless you are investing your suffering with meaning.

Clearly you are, and it's not for me to pry a man from his faith, self-destructive though it may appear to a skeptical world.

I salute your loyalty. You have truly chosen precisely the wrong team to accord it to. I would not think less of you if you abandoned ship, given the extreme case represented by the JEST. But team-hopping was never my style either.

Anybody else remember any lean times with this team? Give the poor bastard his due.

Then make fun of him some more.
You miss some very fundamental points in your romantically misconceived ode to the troll. Pulling for a perennial underdog whose misfortunes draw solely from incompetence on the field of play certainly can be noble IF it is a team of integrity. New Jersey has none. It is a foul organization, owned by a soulless greedy airhead, managed by a clueless bean counter, coached by a bipolar pervert, with a roster that has been a revolving door for evil criminals, miscreants, social ******s and sexual predators recruited by a front office willing to turn a blind eye for quick bucks at the box office. Then we have the legendarily offensive, cretinous fan base from which your friend was spawned. From the very top to the very deep bottom, the New Jersey Green Beans stink. So go ahead and salute this vacant troll's self-delusion if you wish, but the only "due" he deserves is banishment. He is an agitator who doesn't really seem to recognize what he sees in the mirror.

Last edited:
Spaceman - truthfully there's an element of personal identity in fandom. So your real-life analogies have a germ of truth to them, right? If you just shake off every loss, and just smile quietly to yourself ever so slightly at every win, and never so much as yell at your TV when your team doesn't pick up a 4th and 1... I mean, if there's no real connection... I don't know. At what point do you just say you're not really a fan? By contrast if you are a fan, you get emotional and tied up in how your team is doing, at least to some extent, and maybe buy some gear that (face it) has no other logical justification, especially at the prices that the logo commands for any NFL team.

So since you're using fandom as one of many building blocks of identity... well, the analogies pertain ever so slightly.

Tune, although the situations are not comparable, particularly on a whole-history timeline, we had a pattern for a long time. We were crap (1-15, 2-14)... then we were mediocre... then ascendent... then many, many times we were "always the bridesmaid and never the bride," just on the verge of the playoffs, but not in (at 10-6 and 9-7... years like that.) It felt like we finally "Broke out" of that w/Bledsoe. But it was always one thing after another... some of them better forgotten rather than remembered, and not all of it on the field.

Our fanbase back in the day was scary enough that they banned NE from Monday Night Football home games for a while. Speaking as a transplant out of the area, that pissed me off, because back then I couldn't see the Pats evah that way. I'm all like trying to pick up a Baltimore channel because it's at least an AFC city, so more likely to care about our 4:15 game... things like that.

Now to your point that it's a **** franchise, with a **** owner and a **** coach (the gist of it, though you had admirably varied descriptions of all the above,) I think they're worse than I've seen here, with the possible exception of Kiam. Their fanbase, by and large, is composed of uninformed and querulous douchenozzles, but that does not necessarily hold true for any given individual - the only universal you can apply is hopelessness in reality, and delusional hope in the face of reality. These guys make Don Quixote look like a hard-nosed realist. I don't really credit them the delusional quality, which is unhealthy, and sadder than when they face the reality. And because of the brash NY/NJ personality, they turn their delusional hope outward and make predictive boasts on a regular basis, and blather inept comparisons at the slightest glimpse of success (Pennington > Brady, look where we drafted him... we went to the AFCCG twice, Sanchez is the Messiah, the dynasty begins, etc. etc. etc.) That part truly is annoying, the offseason super bowl stuff. And then that's inevitably followed by their "regular season super bowl," constituted by hoping to beat the Pats.

One of the things about losing to the JEST in week 16 would be laughing as their fans realize they've "won" the right to a less stellar draft pick... another great consolation prize would be that the hope would begin again, and they'd come up with this whole "worst to first" narrative.

When Bill Belichick decided there was no way in heaven, hell or earth that he would play for the JEST, JEST fans looked at it as the one that got away. They never had a shot. He could smell the suck on that franchise a mile away. He probably had a good deal of the skinny on them from his Gintz days, and then got to experience it first-hand under Tuna.

All that said, the particular JEST fan who of late has sought out torment on our little thread has been relatively civil as far as I can tell, so I have no personal thing against him. It kind of stomps my buzz while hating on the JEST to know that someone here is actually taking it all in and possibly feeling worse, but hey, as I said, he sought it out. Sorry - as I have gotten older, I have begun to value empathy.

In any event, we can certainly agree that the JEST franchise is a doomed, rudderless collection of inept management, coaching, and talent evaluation, and that their organization fosters failure at every layer, by every player, and as a team (and I use that term loosely).

As I say, nobody would blame a JEST fan for escaping the gravity-well of the black hole of suckage, but that's the nature of a black hole, and this guy is past the green event horizon.

Just
End
The
Suffering

I know that this thread is about bashing the Jets, but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I figured I would share something positive about the Jets.

J E T S is the word that more Americans learn to spell first than any other.

On the downside, the average age of those who learn to spell it is 17.

Since Wrecks the Bloviator took over the Jets, I believe "just end the suffering" has been officially replaced by the "master glutton" with "Just Eat The Scamorza"...I guess Wrecks figures stinky cheese breath is another of his groundbreaking defensive gems....

scamorza.jpg

scamorza_lg.jpg

hmmm....looks a little like a big toe...or a ball sack...whatever, the Jets suck.

All that said, the particular JEST fan who of late has sought out torment on our little thread has been relatively civil as far as I can tell, so I have no personal thing against him. It kind of stomps my buzz while hating on the JEST to know that someone here is actually taking it all in and possibly feeling worse, but hey, as I said, he sought it out. Sorry - as I have gotten older, I have begun to value empathy.
You really should pay better attention. Below is but a sampling of the agitating nonsense your "sad little friend" has posted since joining this message board. Still feeling that "wise old-guy" empathy? :rolleyes:

Jetsfan25678
Nov. 13: Twist all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that we won the most important game in the rivary. And we soon will return to prominence, as we watch those sneaky Pats crumble after Brady retires!

Jetsfan25678
Nov. 13: Oh, yes Marcus Mariota will lead the Jets back to relevancy. Mark my words, all you Patriot fans Mariota will destory you guys for the next decade, once the Jets draft him.

Jetsfan25678
Nov. 14: Where will the Pats be after Brady? Do you really think jimmy Garrapolo is the next "guy"? Hahahaha. As I said once Brady retires, Bill will follow him shortly after, and the glory days of your Patriots will cease.

Jetsfan25678
Nov. 15: lol, you guys talk more about the Jets than your own team! Oh how sweet it will be, once the Evil Empire falls once again to the Jets! Just wait in a few years, fans of all the other AFC East teams will mock you guys once again, once your " golden boy" retires!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I remember when the Pats of yore, were the very much like the Jets of today..

Meddling ownership, crappy GM's, lousy picks, no discipline, over inflated players and lousy coaching..

It's hard to believe, but the Jets are actually worse than they were the last time I visited this thread. Is there no limit to their suckage? I know, silly question.

If it comes to a vote I say we keep the Jets fan. He can be the gimp.

If I were a Jets fan I would have dumped the team long before The Woody & Goody Show bamboozled them into paying tens of thousands of dollars for the 'right' to own a shared PSL.

Unfortunately I remember when the Pats of yore, were the very much like the Jets of today..

Meddling ownership, crappy GM's, lousy picks, no discipline, over inflated players and lousy coaching..

I remember it well too...but then the Almighty gave us His only besotten son to save us from despair...

rich-kotite.jpg

The Pats never sucked for as long as the Jets have.

Just since the Jets last went to a SB 46 years ago, the Pats have had one of the best teams in the NFL in the 70s, won the AFC in the 80's and 90's, and have been a dynasty in the 2000's.

Meanwhile, the level of the Jets suckage keeps dropping lower and lower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey