PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please let this happen. Design and run a temporary offense around a rookie QB, then have a stand in veteran QB operate that offense for a year, then have the rookie operate it for a year. Then switch out of the temporary system and into another one just as the rookie begins to get his feet under him and the OL gets the knack for it. Excellent!

Only the Jets!
The system would only be put in place for Mariota. The veteran wil be able to run a pro style offense from the get go, due to experience.

Look at my screen name.

While I don't hate the Cowboys players and still love them until 1996, I can't stand what that owner has done to RUIN that team. I've been patient for 17 years for "Al Davis II" to single-handedly prove Jimmy Johnson wrong and it's a bad joke - don't let their good showing this year fool you...Cowboys should have had more seasons like this one with a competent GM.

At some point you have to say enough is enough.

To people like the brave Jets fan on this thread - it's noble to pull for a team during hard times. But if it's run by a bunch of clowns, is it worth it? For me, I have decided to admire the Cowboys of the past, but follow the Patriots now as they are a lot more like the team I loved than the ones with the star on their helmet.

If you do decide a team is terminally run by clowns, leaving them is the best thing to do - the capitalist thing to do. Bad businesses lose support and either make corrections or fold - sports franchises should be treated just like that. If there are poorly run teams at Cleveland, Oakland, DC, Dallas, etc, etc, don't keep coming and treat their owners like crack suppliers - hurt them at the bank until something happens. If they are stupid enough to hang on to their team and continue to ruin it, so be it.
That my friend, whether you like it or not, is the definition of a "bandwagoner ". If I give up on the Jets, I will NEVER root for the Pats, let alone another NFL team. I'll continue to enjoy football, without being a fan of a team. I'm going down with the Jets, I'm not going to follow another team, because of our incompetent owner.. Not happening.

Ryan: "We're running out of tomorrows."

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/537364170707312640

Truer words....

4046243.jpg

That my friend, whether you like it or not, is the definition of a "bandwagoner ". If I give up on the Jets, I will NEVER root for the Pats, let alone another NFL team. I'll continue to enjoy football, without being a fan of a team. I'm going down with the Jets, I'm not going to follow another team, because of our incompetent owner.. Not happening.
come to the dark side, we have cookies....

darth-vader-cookie-jar-2.jpg

Once again: WHY ARE YOU HERE? :confused: You have brought nothing to this forum. NOTHING. You say you are "going down with the Jets" as if there might be some conclusion to their suckage, or that it will bottom out and you will know when to quit. This makes no sense. YOU make no sense.

And I suppose you also feel women should stay with the men that beat them out of 'loyalty', sigh...

You, sir, deserve the Jets...

Did you seriously just compare fandom to domestic violence? This is the most asinine post I've seen here, congratulations smh,

Did you seriously just compare fandom to domestic violence? This is the most asinine post I've seen here, congratulations smh,

That post is nothing, if you're talking about asinine. You want to talk about asinine posts? Somewhere on this site is a Jets fan talking about his 2 win team winning a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, and he's doing it in the "Jets suck" thread.

More wasted money by the green scumbags. Apparently, this billboard goes up tomorrow as a holiday treat for the Idzik family:

Jets billboard.jpg

The system would only be put in place for Mariota. The veteran wil be able to run a pro style offense from the get go, due to experience.

You can't write better comedy gold than this.
A franchise unable to execute one basic offensive system suddenly finds the time to practice, master and keep practiced on TWO entirely different offensive systems. I only wish this would be attempted.

When the Patriots come off a bye week, either regular season or postseason, how many times have we heard something to the effect "If you give Belichick and his staff 2 weeks, they are going to come up with something to baffle the opposition."

With Rex, the Jets had 2 weeks, plus an extra day to prepare for a divisional game, plus the game was moved to a neutral site, plus the Bills preparation was cut short and he came up with a 35 point loss.

I heard Pat Kirwan say something appropriate today: "Sometimes, teams go on their bye week and they don't come back."

When the Patriots come off a bye week, either regular season or postseason, how many times have we heard something to the effect "If you give Belichick and his staff 2 weeks, they are going to come up with something to baffle the opposition."

With Rex, the Jets had 2 weeks, plus an extra day to prepare for a divisional game, plus the game was moved to a neutral site, plus the Bills preparation was cut short and he came up with a 35 point loss.

I heard Pat Kirwan say something appropriate today: "Sometimes, teams go on their bye week and they don't come back."

It seems clear that it's just a matter of time before a whole lot of Jets players and coaches (and maybe front office personnel) have a different kind of "bye" week.

This post Bye week fiasco speaks volumes about Rex as a coach. His blitz from all directions defensive schemes have gotten old as various OCs have successfully developed counter strategies. He is vastly over rated as a defensive genius as is his showcase brother Rob in NO whose defense also sucks.

You can't write better comedy gold than this.
A franchise unable to execute one basic offensive system suddenly finds the time to practice, master and keep practiced on TWO entirely different offensive systems. I only wish this would be attempted.
Woody Johnson is not the head coach, offensive coordinator, nor the DC. What has happened in the past has nothing to do with what the new regime will do with their offensive philosophies and defensive schemes. Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach , who does not know how to direct his offensive coordinator. That's WHY we need to hire an offensive minded coach, who also understands the defensive side of the ball. You do realize franchises do this all the time right? The Skins did it in '12, and the Broncos did it with Tebow,

And in other cases, teams go into the off-season and they don't come back.

Did you seriously just compare fandom to domestic violence?

No, I compared Jets fandom to staying in a relationship with an abusive partner, and I was being charitable. I was thinking of comparing it to necrophilia because Jets fans are in love with a team that passed away a long time ago, 1969 to be precise.

Did you seriously not leave yet?

If you have any delusions that you are wanted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down