PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might as well have a message board that sucks to go along with everything else.

It's amazing the level of suck that this current Jest team has reached. It would be difficult to match even if you tried. They have a suck owner, suck GM, suck HC and suck players. I'd tell them to keep their chin up but I'm not sure if they know what up means.

Sootsprayer is and has always been a first class jagoff and provincial putz.He'd sell out his own mother and kids for a few nickels. I only hope the regular cretins at JI band together and start up their own board at any one of the many board software sites that are out there...Call it "Ray Ray's Ralphathon" or "Hitman Harris and The Harlots"...

Sootsprayer is and has always been a first class jagoff and provincial putz.He'd sell out his own mother and kids for a few nickels. I only hope the regular cretins at JI band together and start up their own board at any one of the many board software sites that are out there...Call it "Ray Ray's Ralphathon" or "Hitman Harris and The Harlots"...

I love their policy of "Specifically invite Patriots fans to join, and then harass every Patriots fan who joins". It's so.... Jets.

JI is an awful board. I was banned there about five years ago when I called out a mod on his BS.

I don't usually come into this thread as I know it is for non stop Jet bashing cuz.... well... they suck but Jetsfan25678 is actually articulate, raises some good points, and seems to know more about football then just J E T S suck suck suck. Far too intellegent in fact to deserve being a fan of the circus that is Jets football. Come to the dark side we have cookies.
All of that said Pennington was what he was, a B quarterback that would win you some games but never get you to the big dance or be considered among the elite, because he wasn't. Its not just the fantasy boy stats he never put up, he didn't elevate everyone around him's game like a Payton or a Brady. Accurate? Smart? Good decision maker? Tough? Sure I'll buy all that but when it got cold and you need to drive the ball or when a defense stuffs the middle of the field and you need to hit a 15 yard out by the sideline he couldn't do it and thus would never win a superbowl. I know this is considered blasphamy but I actually enjoyed the games against Pennington and Cherbet as worthy opponents.
That's disrespectful to Brady, Rodgers, and Manning. Those guys are futuer Hall of famers, I never said Chad was on the level of the all time great Quarterbacks. But he most definitely was in the second tier of great Quarterback's. Chad is a clutcher, better, tougher version of Matt Ryan. And as we've seen with Eli and Flacco you don't need an elite Quarterback to win it all.

That's disrespectful to Brady, Rodgers, and Manning. Those guys are futuer Hall of famers, I never said Chad was on the level of the all time great Quarterbacks. But he most definitely was in the second tier of great Quarterback's. Chad is a clutcher, better, tougher version of Matt Ryan. And as we've seen with Eli and Flacco you don't need an elite Quarterback to win it all.
I would say he was a slightly above average QB that thrived on making short accurate throws and not making mistakes. Matt Ryan is a bad comparison cuz If you gave Pennington Julio Jones he wouldn't be able to hit him deep the way Ryan can. I think Alex Smith is a better contempary.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. Typical New York fan. He brought the Patriots to a SUPER BOWL, and yet you say that that doesn't count. Then you go on to say that us Pats fans think Chad Pennington sucked, which I never said he did, but yet he did not ever bring the Jets to a Super Bowl. Also, go look at Drew Bledsoe's stats. He actually had a very good year statistically with Buffalo, throwing for alot of yards and TD's, but apparently you are too ignorant to actually argue with facts.
It seems as if you cannot read, I SAID imo Bledsoe does not count as a franchise Quarterback. And the SB does not tell us whether a QB was good or not. Trent Dilfer played in a SB, moron. Was he great? No. And before you try to tupidly twist my words again, IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FoRM am I saying Dilfer was just as good as Bledsoe. Pennington was very good, but I'm not going to call him a franchise Quarterback. Why? Well, he only had three great seasons. Once again, I gave credit to Bledsoe for '02. But unlike you I watched him in '03 and '04 and he sucked. Stop using meaningless fantasy stats and watch the games.

Chad is a clutcher, better, tougher version of Matt Ryan.

laughing.gif

I would say he was a slightly above average QB that thrived on making short accurate throws and not making mistakes. Matt Ryan is a bad comparison cuz If you gave Pennington Julio Jones he wouldn't be able to hit him deep the way Ryan can. I think Alex Smith is a better contempary.
He was better than Alex Smoth and it isn't even close. Put prime Chad in a dome, and he'd light it up. Matt Ryan sucks out of a dome, and his arm is just as weak as Pennington pre shoulder imjuries.

Are you trying to tell me Matt Ryan was better than Chad?
Yes he is. Chad never had anything remotely close to a 5k season. Ryan has. Granted he has WAY better weapons and had to win shootouts cuz his defense blows donkey balls but Ryan can carry a team. I like Chad, respected his game and if we didn't have Brady would not mind a QB like him but if you think he could be the man and carry the team to the playoffs....well I would like some of your drugs. Pennington was one of those guys IMO like Smith who does not lose you games and if you have a good team around him can bring you far. Just not deep in the playoffs cuz good defenses can flood the middle and take away his bread and butter.

Yes he is. Chad never had anything remotely close to a 5k season. Ryan has. Granted he has WAY better weapons and had to win shootouts cuz his defense blows donkey balls but Ryan can carry a team. I like Chad, respected his game and if we didn't have Brady would not mind a QB like him but if you think he could be the man and carry the team to the playoffs....well I would like some of your drugs. Pennington was one of those guys IMO like Smith who does not lose you games and if you have a good team around him can bring you far. Just not deep in the playoffs cuz good defenses can flood the middle and take away his bread and butter.
So your using yards to determine who the better QB was lol. You do realize before, that before 2011 only a handful of Quarterback's threw for 5k? You do realize Chad played in a less pass happy NFL right? If Ryan can carry a team, why did his team win win four games last season?He CANNOT carry a team. Only two, maybe three Quarterback's in the NFL can do that. I was agreeing with you until you made this bogus statement. Again, if you have time go watch some of those early '00s Jet games. Pennington took us to the divisonal round twice, and if it weren't for our crappy kicker, we would have played you guys in the AFC Championship game. You can twist the stats all you want, but all I know is that Matt Ryan has been medicore at best in the post season. But Pennington, for the most part, was sensational in the playoffs. Come up with a better arguement and maybe I'll agree with you.

To repeat an earlier post:

Who gives a damn?
I'm having a debate with a poster, who wants to talk football. If you don't want to be apart of this discussion , ignore my posts, like you said you'd do a week ago.

God, in His Infinite Wisdom, decided he'd make the skies open and bury the Buffalo area with snow rather than having His children suffer another Sunday of Jets football! :D

I'm having a debate with a poster, who wants to talk football. If you don't want to be apart of this discussion , ignore my posts, like you said you'd do a week ago.

Hmm ... I'm not sure that you've read the thread title.

If you want to talk about the might-have-beens of Jets history, wouldn't it be a good idea to visit a properly managed Jets board where you could find a bunch of sane and well-informed fellow fans to discuss the Jets' past with?

Oh yes, I see, sorry, I forgot.

Claiming Pennington was a better QB than Ryan, and having nothing beyond "Come up with a better arguement and maybe I'll agree with you." isn't a debate. It's putting on clown shoes, especially when you add "But Pennington, for the most part, was sensational in the playoffs" to the post.

Pennington's career postseason QB rating is 77.3 in 6 games. The breakdown:

8 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 2-4 record

That's nowhere near "for the most part, was sensational in the playoffs" territory.

Ducks Throwington..."ELITE!!!!"...this clown must be an inbred third cousin of Rayge Rayge...17,823 yards in 11 seasons...heh..."better than Matty Ice!!!!!!!"...Matt Ryan's numbers so far...26,265 yards in 6 and a 1/2 seasons.

Look, Rat fan...YOU are an utter moron of galactic proportions. I would suggest you remove yourself from our human gene pool so your absurdly deficient genome is NEVER allowed to propagate.

Drew Bledsoe was an All Pro QB four times in his career.
Only a feces eating,brain damaged,troglodytic sub-human would propose such a ******edly pinheaded idea that Bledsoe was not a franchise quarterback. It was only a media stress point for 10 years on all the outlets.

Begin again in this thread...ramp up those three near burned out brain cells and start repeating..the Jets suck...the Jets suck...the Jets suck. See ? NOW you know what the subject of this thread is about...see how easy, mongo 25678?

Hmm ... I'm not sure that you've read the thread title.

If you want to talk about the might-have-beens of Jets history, wouldn't it be a good idea to visit a properly managed Jets board where you could find a bunch of sane and well-informed fellow fans to discuss the Jets' past with?

Oh yes, I see, sorry, I forgot.
The Jets board I post on is filled with Rex homers, Idzik homers, and other bufoons, I'm tired of debating with. I honestly don't care about the insults and jokes, but I'm having a civil football debate with another posters, and this fool keeps saying "who gives a damn". It's fine, I'll just him on ignore.

Claiming Pennington was a better QB than Ryan, and having nothing beyond "Come up with a better arguement and maybe I'll agree with you." isn't a debate. It's putting on clown shoes, especially when you add "But Pennington, for the most part, was sensational in the playoffs" to the post.

Pennington's career postseason QB rating is 77.3 in 6 games. The breakdown:

8 TDs, 8 INTs, and a 2-4 record

That's nowhere near "for the most part, was sensational in the playoffs" territory.
You do realize four of Pennington's eight picks came against the Ravens in a 2008 wild card? That was post shoulder injury Chad, I've stated numerous times, that I'm comparing prime chad to Matt Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back