PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd contend for the division with just Jackson. Chris Johnson might not be an upgrade over Goodson at this point..I think people are too caught up in his name recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crazy thing is that the Jets could sign Jackson ($10 mil) and Chris Johnson ($5 mil) and still have 15+ million left in cap space. I'd be ten times more excited for next season if they were able to sign both.
+1

And the Jets would be contenders for the division with those two signings...

So with adding jackson and maybe a washed up CJ...Jets are contenders for the division.....******* idiots

One Jet fan summarized his experience very eloquently:

Being a Jets fan is like being in an abusive relationship. You keep telling yourself and your friends that your gonna call the police soon to put a stop to the abuse. But after awhile you become numb to the pain and actually look forward to it. You show up to work "proud" with bruises all over your face and in the back of your mind you keep telling yourself that it won't last forever.
[Unquote]

So with adding jackson and maybe a washed up CJ...Jets are contenders for the division.....******* idiots

Jackson
Decker
Kerley
Cumberland
Ebron
Ivory
Powell

Assuming Ebron is what people think he is, that's a skill group that's potentially very dangerous.

They've got 4 out of 5 OL positions locked down.

They've got, perhaps, the best D-Line in the league.

There's still work to do there, and the QB could still piss it all away, but signing Jackson and buttressing that defensive back 7 would make the Jets a team to be worried about.

Best article i have read:

How the Jets Have Fared So Far in Free Agency

Jets fans having us as losers in FA...then what are they?

Winners

Tampa Bay — The Buccaneers ran away with the title this year. Lovie Smith’s new team got good! QB Josh McCown is a guy we thought the Jets should have gone after hard, and the Bucs feel like they’ve found their Rich Gannon. O-linemen Evan Dietrich-Smith and Anthony Collins and TE Brandon Myers are all good players, Michael Johnson is a dangerous pass rusher, Clinton McDonald is a steal, and we felt from the start that Alterraun Verner was one of the top CBs on the market.

Denver — The Broncos are the definition of a “now” team, and their impressive free agency haul certainly indicates that. Emmanuel Sanders and Andre Caldwell bolster an already dangerous receiving corps, DeMarcus Ware immediately upgrades the pass rush, and Aqib Talib is the cover corner they so desperately needed.

Indianapolis — The Colts did very well. Baltimore will regret letting Arthur Jones get away, D’Qwell Jackson brings 800 tackles, 10 sacks and 15 career takeaways to the defense, and WR Hakeem Nicks was a good get on a one-year deal.

Atlanta — The Falcons were very aggressive in March. Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai boost the D-line, and G Jon Asamoah, another player we had targeted for the Jets, becomes an instant starter on the right side of the O-line. Devin Hester gives the team a lethal scoring threat on special teams. They are in best-player-available mode.

Chicago — DE Jared Allen is an upgrade over Julius Peppers, DE Lamarr Houston is an effective young run stopper, and the addition of both means they don’t have to start Willie Young.

Losers

Dallas — When you have to wave goodbye to as many players as the Cowboys did, including a cornerstone guy like DeMarcus Ware, due to cap trouble, no amount of Brandon Weeden and Henry Melton signings can get you off the losers list.

Oakland — For a team in a self-described rebuilding mode, the Raiders signed too many old guys and took too many risks on players who should have been looking for “now” teams. With the age of players like James Jones, Donald Penn, Khalif Barnes, Matt Schaub, Justin Tuck and Antonio Smith — all 30 — Oakland will have to be doing this again in another two years.

Seattle — This is sort of a function of winning the Super Bowl. Everyone wants to get paid now. The Seahawks lost players for cap reasons, and not getting Jared Allen is a blow. They still have work to do.

New England — Brandon Browner will serve suspension time and isn’t as good as advertised. Revis is only there on a one-year deal. The Patriots may not have done as well as everyone thinks.

Kansas City — The Chiefs lost three-fifths of their starting offensive line as well as DE Tyson Jackson, they cut CB Dunta Robinson, and we haven’t yet seen what they’ve done to replace any of them.

Jackson
Decker
Kerley
Cumberland
Ebron
Ivory
Powell

Assuming Ebron is what people think he is, that's a skill group that's potentially very dangerous.

There's still work to do there, and the QB could still piss it all away, but signing Jackson and buttressing that defensive back 7 would make the Jets a team to be worried about.

Some valid points but their QBs will be the ultimate reason why i will never be afraid of that team. RBs don't either. DEcker and Geno? A lot i have to see there

yep with those two along with decker and improved qb play and this is a team that can go deep into the playoffs-I am making the assumption that they would then draft a cb with the first pick

plus CJ and DJax are NOT past their prime

Now this guy says a deep playoff run....and CJ is 100% past his prime

Jackson
Decker
Kerley
Cumberland
Ebron
Ivory
Powell

One exec doesn't agree...

NFL executive blasts Eric Ebron, entire TE draft class - NFL.com

Let's hope he's right and the jets take him, and bring the jets suck to another level! :D

Rumors are that Jackson will stay in the NFCE so he can get back at Philly for the gang rumors. A deal with Washington is supposedly done.

Wont be the same going from Manning to Geno Smith.

Kerley
Cumberland

JAGS

Ebron
Ivory
Powell

The Jets might be able to run in a passing league.

The Jets offense will sputter again in 2014. Year # 2 for a QB is where it gets real because NFL teams have broken down your rookie season film and figured out where you excel and what to take away.

Vick and Geno. A pretty crappy QB combo.

One Jet fan summarized his experience very eloquently:

Being a Jets fan is like being in an abusive relationship. You keep telling yourself and your friends that your gonna call the police soon to put a stop to the abuse. But after awhile you become numb to the pain and actually look forward to it. You show up to work "proud" with bruises all over your face and in the back of your mind you keep telling yourself that it won't last forever.
[Unquote]
:rofl: This is classic. Thanks for posting it.

Best article i have read:

How the Jets Have Fared So Far in Free Agency

Jets fans having us as losers in FA...then what are they?

Wow.

Lose Talib, gain Revis and Browner...

Lose a back-up JAG LB and a running back.

Gain another dependable and solid receiver, retain Edelman.

Retain our back-up TE, keep our O-line intact, extend Wilfork, restructure Kelly...

Yeah, so far it really sucks to be a Pats' fan.

Morons.

It's a little less classic if you have a family member or friend who is in an abusive relationship.
:rolleyes: Yes, Jackson 2, we all have a friend or family member who's been in an abusive relationship. But it's OK to occasionally set aside the abiding tragedy of life just long enough to appreciate a bit of dark humor.

I guess this post says the same about Pats fans. Most of the people posting are contemptuous of the statement and sentiment and quite a few have expressed respect for our QB. I suppose all those posters could be Pats fans posting on a Jets fan forum -- I don't troll other teams' forums enough to know that.

There are at least a few Pats fans in that thread, but there are also a couple more reasonable Jet fans.

:rolleyes: Yes, Jackson 2, we all have a friend or family member who's been in an abusive relationship. But it's OK to occasionally set aside the abiding tragedy of life just long enough to appreciate a bit of dark humor.
You're right Tunescribe. Just a knee-jerk reaction from me. Shouldn't have posted it. Far be it from me not to enjoy a little dark humor. My mistake.

Of all the places to find an April Fool's joke, this turned up today on Wikipedia:

New York Jets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New York Jets
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The New York Jets are a professional American football team ... :rofl:

Interesting rationalization at JI:

Depth of Draft Handcuffing Us?

They're saying that the team's free-agency failure is intentional because this year's draft is so deep. :singing::singing::singing:

This thread really shouldn't be a place to debate if the Jets suck, that's a given. This thread is the 2014 edition of how they suck, or the magnitude of their suckage.

I didn't think they could top past seasons, but they actually have by hiring a new GM who was supposed to bring character players to the team but instead brought Mike "Poochy" Vick.

The New Joke Jets.

From the morning idiot:

"I actually do believe in Karma & the Pats past has just come back to bite them in the azz thats all.
How do you explain the helmet catch?
Or the heave by Eli along the sideline?
Or Hernandez & the multitude of injuries lately
Then out of the blue they win games like they did last year vs the Saints & Broncos
Just to pull everyone back in, including the BB ball suckers like Peter King & then BLAM!
Just like that they are beat again & the whole sordid thing starts all over again.
This year it's Revis.....THE ULTIMATE TEAM PLAYER! YEA RIGHT!
Revis is the EPITOMY of HYPOCRISY when you look at " THE PATRIOT WAY"
Ha, ha, yea, I'll sign a one year mercinary deal but in year 2 you have to pay me a BILLION $s!
Revis basically got BB & Kraft to SUCK HIS D*CK!
He called BB a jerk & because the Pats are SO DESPERATE NOW with Brady growing more ancient everyday he stuck his schlong out their & they KISSED IT!
It's freaking awesome actually!
So, after the Broncos boink them into playing golf again in 2015, Revis rides off into the sunset leaving another 5 million against their cap.
Like Flounder said in Animal House, "This is Great!""

From the morning idiot:

"I actually do believe in Karma & the Pats past has just come back to bite them in the azz thats all.
How do you explain the helmet catch?
Or the heave by Eli along the sideline?
Or Hernandez & the multitude of injuries lately
Then out of the blue they win games like they did last year vs the Saints & Broncos
Just to pull everyone back in, including the BB ball suckers like Peter King & then BLAM!
Just like that they are beat again & the whole sordid thing starts all over again.
This year it's Revis.....THE ULTIMATE TEAM PLAYER! YEA RIGHT!
Revis is the EPITOMY of HYPOCRISY when you look at " THE PATRIOT WAY"
Ha, ha, yea, I'll sign a one year mercinary deal but in year 2 you have to pay me a BILLION $s!
Revis basically got BB & Kraft to SUCK HIS D*CK!
He called BB a jerk & because the Pats are SO DESPERATE NOW with Brady growing more ancient everyday he stuck his schlong out their & they KISSED IT!
It's freaking awesome actually!
So, after the Broncos boink them into playing golf again in 2015, Revis rides off into the sunset leaving another 5 million against their cap.
Like Flounder said in Animal House, "This is Great!""

If this moron honestly believes that the Pats inability to win a SB is due to karma, then I wonder what that says about the Jets 40+ year Superbowl drought? I guess by his logic of karmic justice, the Jets of old must have been equivalent to a group of sadistic war criminals :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes