PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 NFL Combine Thread

That's pretty slow for a cornerback. We generally look for guys with 4.4ish times at that position. Are players running slower on the combine surface in general this year?

Not if your a wr or one of those freak OTs

Interesting how much the mocks have changed in the last few days. Rang now has us taking Robert Woods who I'm not a fan of and Brugler Desmond Trufant who I like.

Brugler also had Ezekiel Ansah going to the NYG @19. If he becomes what many think he will and that were to happen adding him to JPP, Tuck and company would be sick.

Interesting how much the mocks have changed in the last few days. Rang now has us taking Robert Woods who I'm not a fan of and Brugler Desmond Trufant who I like.

Brugler also had Ezekiel Ansah going to the NYG @19. If he becomes what many think he will and that were to happen adding him to JPP, Tuck and company would be sick.

I'm not a huge fan of Woods but I can't deny he had a good combine despite his 3 cone. Pretty impressive hands.

Speaking of hands Tyrann Mathieu definitely has good ones.

Not only has McFadden looked really smooth in drills, I haven't seen him drop a ball once. Great skills.

Leon McFadden, slower than expected 40 but he has some fluid hips.

Tyrann Mathieu looks great. His hands have playmaker written all over them. Benches like a squirrel but I could envision him making plays in the slot for the Pats. Very good in drills considering how long he's been away. No longer a lock he'll be there in the 3rd.

Xavier Rhodes 40 inch vertical. If he runs the 40 well he easily jumps Banks if he hasn't already.

Elam looked very solid today.

I wish they would stop switching the camera off the players. Missed McGee's drills because we have to watch Sapp and Mucc talk nonsense.

Teo is either the dumbest human on the face of the earth or he intentionally perpetuated a scam that would still be going if it wasn't exposed, why would I want that guy on my team?

So, in other words, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Teo. It's already come out that he had nothing to do with the scam, but yeah, he perpetuated it.. :rolleyes:

I'm not a Teo fan, but it's clear to me that you have an agenda. The claim that he's the dumbest human on the face of the earth is just proof of how clueless you are about the various scams that occur that people fall for.

Speaking of hands Tyrann Mathieu definitely has good ones.

I hope we take a chance on him as long as his work ethic is not part of the problem, rather he just has a weakness for the herb. He can overcome that in our locker room.

Dude makes plays all over the field, and the bigger the moment the bigger the play he makes.

4.41 for Rhodes. 6'1 210. 40 inch vertical. I'm very intrigued to say the least. Can't wait to see his drills.

4.41 for Rhodes. 6'1 210. 40 inch vertical. I'm very intrigued to say the least. Can't wait to see his drills.

We'll need a trade up I reckon. Darius slay and Jamar Taylor with some good times.

4.31 for Trufant. Jumped up near the top of BB's board.

4.31 for Trufant. Jumped up near the top of BB's board.

Another kid out of Washington I'll be following closely is Shaquille Thompson. Freshman this year recruited as #2 rated high school safety But played LB this year to help the team. can't wait to see what he does at safety as a sophomore.

Another kid out of Washington I'll be following closely is Shaquille Thompson. Freshman this year recruited as #2 rated high school safety But played LB this year to help the team. can't wait to see what he does at safety as a sophomore.

Saw someone mention him as a huge prospect. I'll be keeping an eye out for him next year too.

Phillip Thomas with a 4.56 2nd run. Jamar Taylor kills it with a 2nd run of 4.32. Trufant seems to truly be a 4.3 guy unofficially. thought he was gonna be a 4.5.

Trufant is so stiff in these drills.

Darius Slay is looking really good though.

Edit: Slay also has the fastest official 40 time.

Banks runs a 4.59 on his first try. That could be in the 4.6ish with the official.

joe haden ran in the 4.5 mid range and he turned out fine. Plus banks has a resume to back him up also. prob one of those guys that plays faster than he has shown. desmond trufant though is starting to become a very interesting prospect. he's got that 'swag' that this secondary needs. they need a little bit of a trash talker back there. last person to do that was who??? harrison?

Trufant is so stiff in these drills.

Darius Slay is looking really good though.

Edit: Slay also has the fastest official 40 time.

Williams is faster than that 4.42. I'm thinking it was more like a 4.32. He was hand timed at 4.25. Just can't see them being that far off. Seemed like .7 was the average tack on.

I hope we take a chance on him as long as his work ethic is not part of the problem, rather he just has a weakness for the herb. He can overcome that in our locker room.

Dude makes plays all over the field, and the bigger the moment the bigger the play he makes.

I still can't believe that the Patriots will have him on the their draft board based on his off-field issues.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back