PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 first-round trade wrap-up

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to lay it out now, so we don't have to reconnect the dots in the future...

Patriots trade #29 overall to Minnnesota. Vikings select Cordarrelle Patterson, WR.

Patriots receive:

#52 Jamie Collins, LB
#83 Logan Ryan, CB
#102 Josh Boyce, WR
#229 traded for 1/2 of LaGarrette Blount, RB

This is why I'll always accept a trade down. 4 players > 1 player no matter the ranking.

I think it's interesting to note we went pass-rushing olb instead of wr at 52. If we're looking for a pass-rusher/old at 29, is it Alex Ogletree - Litttany of off-field issues, Tank Carradine - Knee issue..too high, Margus Hunt - We could have had him at 52 and passed, Arthur Brown - Prob too small for BB - passed at 52. Looks like the correct move. If you want to argue wr, Woods, Patterson or Hunter. I'd rather have Dobson, Boyce and Ryan.

the trade was too perfect for us we got a cb for depth and insurance a WR that fits our system in boyce half of what got us lagarrette blount and an athletic freak that could solve our problem with covering TE's and RB's while still rushing the passer very well there really isnt anyone in this draft i wouldve traded all of that for

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back