PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2008 record tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Okay, admittedly this is not going to have as much as the 2007 version.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/68138-2007-patriots-record-tracker.html

But we should cherish the ones we do have even more.

Week 7

Award - QB Matt Cassel has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Week 3

Franchise Record - Ellis Hobbs totaled 237 yards on six kickoff returns, setting a Patriots record for most kickoff return yardage in a game. Hobbs
topped the previous Patriots record of 220 kickoff return yards,
set by Kevin Faulk against the New York Jets on Dec. 22, 2002.

Week 2

NFL record - 21 game regular season winning streak. Breaking 18 New England, 2003-04

Week 1

Franchise record - Tom Brady 128 straight starts. (old record Steve Grogan 78)

Franchise record - Tom Brady 111 regulars season starts (old record Steve Grogan 74)

(Let me know if I missed any)

Last edited:
I know this is a reach but I bet the six sacks allowed on Monday night are a record for most allowed sacks in a 30+ point VICTORY.

I know this is a reach but I bet the six sacks allowed on Monday night are a record for most allowed sacks in a 30+ point VICTORY.

Probably true. I wonder where you'd ever find that stat?

We might own the stat for the most consecutive sacks not forcing a turnover, too, if not now, soon.

Probably true. I wonder where you'd ever find that stat?

We might own the stat for the most consecutive sacks not forcing a turnover, too, if not now, soon.

I got no idea. But I am really hoping this stat never makes the list... He is on pace to break it.

Most Times Sacked, Season 76 David Carr, Houston, 2002

I got no idea. But I am really hoping this stat never makes the list... He is on pace to break it.

Most Times Sacked, Season 76 David Carr, Houston, 2002

26 sacks/6 games < 76 sacks/16 games

Couple of records could be noteworthy today:

• If Moss catches ONE pass he will join only 18 other players to break the 800 catch mark.
  • If Welker has six receptions today he will become only the 4th player (Mike Ditka, Jimmy Smith, Hines Ward) in NFL history to catch six passes in a team's first seven games of the season.
  • If we win we will be be at 13 consecutive straight regular season wins against NFC opponents. Not sure what the record for the AFC is, but we may very well hold it as NE is 25-4 in the regulars season against the NFC since 2001.

Last edited:
Couple of records could be noteworthy today:

• If Moss catches ONE pass he will join only 18 other players to break the 800 catch mark.

Did any of the other 18 wear a Patriots uniform? If not, it is a franchise record.

Did any of the other 18 wear a Patriots uniform? If not, it is a franchise record.

Good question. I'll see if I can find out. Gathered those from an article at National Football Post.

Good question. I'll see if I can find out. Gathered those from an article at National Football Post.

Well, Larry Centers came to NE after catching his 800th pass, so I don't know if you'd count him or not. [BTW--I cheated, and looked at Pro-Football-Reference.com. :)]

Well, Larry Centers came to NE after catching his 800th pass, so I don't know if you'd count him or not. [BTW--I cheated, and looked at Pro-Football-Reference.com. :)]

I keep forgetting about that site. Yeah, I guess if he didn't catch all 800 w/ NE it's a pretty dull team record. Of course, I'm often amazed at the records kept in football. Some weird ones out there.

hmm - I wanted to edit my original post to add today's accomplishments but the edit button is gone. Anybody know why? Is there a time limit to edits? Any workarounds? Also anybody know how one applies to make a thread sticky?

Anyhow.....

Week 8 Pats 23 Rams 16

Franchise Record - Least number of penalties - 0 (first time)

NFL Record - Least number of penalties - 0 (tied)

Franchise Record - Wes Welker became the only Patriot to 6 or more receptions in each of the first 7 games of the season.

Last edited:
Wasn't there something about Harrison making it to 30 sacks/30 interceptions last Monday night...and that it was a record?

They mentioned it, but it happened last year against the LOLphins in Week 7. :)

Last edited:
Chris Price mentioned one worth watching in his Metro Article:

Gostkowski is now 16-for-17 (94 percent) this season and has made 23 of his last 24 kicks dating back to 2007. His 41-yard kick in the fourth quarter raised his career points total to 302 points, making him the seventh player in team history to score 300 or more points for the Patriots. Gostkowski’s fourth-quarter extra point raised his career total to 303 points, moving him past Ben Coates (302) for sixth place on the Patriots’ all-time scoring list.

It would be nice if this was a sticky and if GordInAGayHoodie could edit his posts so we can keep things organized.

Ian? Pweeese?

Last edited:
They mentioned it, but it happened last year against the LOLphins in Week 7. :)

Did he not get an interception Monday night? If so....did he not break his own record?

:)

From NFLN:

Wes Welker could join Jimmy Smith as the only two players to record at least six catches in their team's first eight games.

Welker ranks second behind Cincinnati's T.J. Houshmanzadeh with 161 receptions since 2007

Hobbs still leads the league in return yardage.

Is it possible our team will collect the most recognition awards this year?

AFC OFF player of the week, Rook. Def. player of the Month, AFC STer of the month... and counting.

***Week 8 Update**

Week 8 Pats 23 Rams 16

Franchise Record - Least number of penalties - 0 (first time)

NFL Record - Least number of penalties - 0 (tied)

Franchise Record - Wes Welker became the only Patriot to 6 or more receptions in each of the first 7 games of the season

Award - AFC Special Teams Player of the Month - Kicker Stephen Gostkowski

Award - NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Month - Linebacker Jerod Mayo Mayo is the first Patriots player to earn Rookie of the Month honors since wide receiver Deion Branch in September of 2002, and he is the first New England player to win Defensive Rookie of the Month since the league started the award in 1996.

Week 9 Colts 18 Patriots 15

NFL Record - Wes Welker - Wes Welker tied the NFL record for most games with six or more receptions to begin a season. Welker has had six or more receptions in each of the Patriots’ eight games this season and ties the NFL record established by Jacksonville’s Jimmy Smith in 2001.

NFL record--Welker becomes the first player to have nine consecutive games with 6+ receptions to open the season.

Franchise record--that last drive (19 plays) was the longest drive, by number of plays, in Patriots history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes