PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2008 Misspelled Patriots Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is ridiculous and Bill Bellacheck would never approve of it, nor would Tomm Bradee.

Ah, you wound me! :p

Absurd as it may seem, the numbers are real enough. E.g., searching forum posts in the past 3 months yielded 500 hits for Cassel, 230 for Cassell. 230/730=.315, or 31.5% misspelled.

In other words, I am not a faker -- I am a pathetic geek.

Marry me.

Unless your hubby is on this board... then just kidding! :D

[whisper] But not really... [/whisper]

;)

It's a good thing the Pats didn't pick up Adam Archieletter.

good mourning all from the king of misspellings.

In defense of the guilty misspellers like myself its not that we don't know how these names are spelt its that we just don't take the time to proof the posts. Usually I am posting at work and need to be quick.

Which is why there should be extra points for misspelled thread titles (and even more for misspelled signatures).

No love for Steven Gostowsky? :D

Also, condolences to Antowain Spann. I mean, Antoine Spann. I mean, Antwan Spann. I mean...d%#*!@t!

Nice work patchick:rocker: I'm guilty of still having to look up Gutierrez.
PS: I didn't look that up and I bet I got it wrong LOL

This year's winner for Most Misspelled Rookie:

Bo "Rudd" Ruud, inheriting the crown from 2007 champ Matt "Guiterrez/Guttierez" Gutierrez. Congratulations, Bo! (Special mention goes to fellow rookie LB Vince Redd for helping to befuddle dozens of PatsFans posters about Ruud.)

The inaugural Willie McGinest award for sustained excellence goes to Matt Cassel. In his fourth year with the Patriots, Matt continues to be spelled Cassell by a whopping 31.5% of posters. Way to go, Matt!

applause_smiley2_138.gif

I have trouble with the easy ones like Vrable...I mean, you know.:(

Plus now we have Crabel...or do we?

Sorry, I'm leaving this thread.

Last edited:
This year's winner for Most Misspelled Rookie:

Bo "Rudd" Ruud, inheriting the crown from 2007 champ Matt "Guiterrez/Guttierez" Gutierrez. Congratulations, Bo! (Special mention goes to fellow rookie LB Vince Redd for helping to befuddle dozens of PatsFans posters about Ruud.)

The inaugural Willie McGinest award for sustained excellence goes to Matt Cassel. In his fourth year with the Patriots, Matt continues to be spelled Cassell by a whopping 31.5% of posters. Way to go, Matt!

applause_smiley2_138.gif

I am guilty ... :p Pissah caught me ... :mad:

Does adding/removing an "s" at the end of the name count? See Josh McDaniel(s) this year or Asante Samuel(s) last year.

Anyone think that the reason Gene Mruczkowski retired is that he wanted to give someone else on the team a chance to win the misspelling trophy? Maybe not ...

With both Vrable and Crabel on the team. I'll no doubt do Vrabel and Crable 100 times during the year.

I have trouble with the easy ones like Vrable...I mean, you know.:(

Plus now we have Crabel...or do we?

Sorry, I'm leaving this thread.

With both Vrable and Crabel on the team. I'll no doubt do Vrabel and Crable 100 times during the year.

This is the one that drives me up the wall. [Vrabel/Vrable] It's only been misspelled ~10% of the time in the last three months, but 350 times on the all-time search.

I once requested a word filter on this board to change Vrable to Vrabel.

Anyone think that the reason Gene Mruczkowski retired is that he wanted to give someone else on the team a chance to win the misspelling trophy? Maybe not ...

I've never understood the Slavic love for unpronounceable consonant clusters. My all time favorite is a men's volleyball player, Bob Ctvrtlik.

Last edited:
Mike "Vrable" and Brandon "Merriweather" take the prize, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back