PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2007 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It takes three years to do a proper evaluation, but it still seems that we did very well so far. Also, we may still have four open Practice Squad spots.

THE FIRST FOUR ROUNDS
Meriweather
SF 2008 #1
Welker
Moss
OAK 2008 #3
Brown
============================
THE LAST THREE ROUNDS AND UDFA's
Oldenburg PS (hopefully a special contract like Yates before him)
Rogers cut
Richardson IR
Hairsten IR
Hilliard ???
Lua IR
Elgin ???
Gutierrez 53-man squad
Childress PS
Mays PS
Jones PS

We did pretty well especially considering that BB/SP didn't like this draft and traded down and out of this draft due to the lack of value they saw, also Moss is the product of one of our picks from this draft.

It takes three years to do a proper evaluation, but it still seems that we did very well so far. Also, we may still have four open Practice Squad spots.

THE FIRST FOUR ROUNDS
Meriweather
SF 2008 #1
Welker
Moss
OAK 2008 #3
Brown
============================
THE LAST THREE ROUNDS AND UDFA's
Oldenburg PS (hopefully a special contract like Yates before him)
Rogers cut
Richardson IR
Hairsten IR
Hilliard ???
Lua IR
Elgin ???
Gutierrez 53-man squad
Childress PS
Mays PS
Jones PS

Mays is from 2006 and Childress was from before that so they don't count.

It is way to early to tell but I would say it wasn't very successful. Merriweather looks good the rest are big questions marks.

It is even more difficult when you factor in the trades and next years picks, etc.

I love the draft and the off-season but I can't wait for the games to start.

I believe Childress and Mays were both UDFA's.

Mays is from 2006 and Childress was from before that so they don't count.

It is way to early to tell but I would say it wasn't very successful. Merriweather looks good the rest are big questions marks.

It is even more difficult when you factor in the trades and next years picks, etc.

I love the draft and the off-season but I can't wait for the games to start.

The 2007 draft in general was a dud. The Pats made out as well as could

be expected by trading away their picks. It's too bad that they had

to draft 9 players. I'm surprised they didn't package some picks like the Jets

to trade up.

.... It's too bad that they had

to trade up.

Every seller needs a buyer.

The 2007 draft in general was a dud. The Pats made out as well as could

be expected by trading away their picks. It's too bad that they had

to trade up.

A little early for that harsh an assessment? We have not even played a regular season game. And the IR and PS draft picks along with Guitierrez may not even play until next year. And we have Moss, Welker and a 1st and 4th in 2008. Give it time.

Mays was UDFA from 2006 Childress from 2005...It wasn't a bad year really..I still think in time a number could develop into solid players..Lua and Richardson..llok like in time they might be good additions to the D...Brown and Meriweather are on the 53 now...Gutierrez...COULD be a diamond found late..his poise and his aply showed a LOT for a UDFA..as compared to others the past few years.. Oldenburg and Elgin MAY have some time in Dante's school and become linemen..(hopefully Elgin to the PSquad..) I think that is NOT all that bad.
Jones was a late pick up and I remember how many wondered why a WR especially with so many...Apparently they saw something that others did not.
I wouldn't at all put him in with the draft or UDFAs from this year as he's been out of college for a number of years...picked up in the draft by the Browns 4 years ago. More a FA pickup.

A little early for that harsh an assessment? We have not even played a regular season game. And the IR and PS draft picks along with Guitierrez may not even play until next year. And we have Moss, Welker and a 1st and 4th in 2008. Give it time.

I believe Jimke was commenting on the quality of the talent pool, not on the Pats' performance therein.

Doesn't mean I'm not angry at the Cowboys for signing Rogers, though.

If you look around the league, its not really that harsh of an assessment. LOTS of picks got cut in the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back