• Pats ahead, defence on the field

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ball is on the 30, 2 min left..which are you more comfortable with...

I couldn't tolerate being behind, but I rather ask our best player to win it: Tom Brady!

I hear what you're getting at, but I'd always want the lead.

Anybody who trusts our defense in that situation at this point, particularly against Eli, is out of their mind.

Anybody who trusts our defense in that situation at this point, particularly against Eli, is out of their mind.
My issue with the Pats being up is you know Eli is going to throw up a balloon hoping for another immaculate reception or those stupid PI's calls the Giants are always on the receiving end of.

That said, I want to be in front.

How would BB answer?

At that 1 point margin, there's no way I'd pick to be on defense. There's just no chance the Giants don't at least get into field goal range. I think if the scenario was 30-27 (or even 31-27), then we'd have a closer vote.

Last edited:
The OP author needs to spell "defense" correctly.

Always take the lead....always.

If any of the two scenario's listed come true sunday, I will be in the fetal position on my couch.

lol this isn't even close. I don't care if we had the niners defense, a one point lead is nothing in todays nfl. I would most certainly rather be down by one with the ball, possibly the greatest QB of all time and 2 min. Now if the score was 31-27 its a different story. I don't trust lawrence tynes to pull a billy cundiff.

Last edited:
At the end of the game, you want to put the game in your best player's hands...and that's Tom Brady.

Especially if all we needed was a field goal.

often in the 4th quarter, a 3 point lead isn't much better than being tied

defense tire out quicker than offenses

SB 36. Ricky Proehl. SB 38. Ricky Proehl. SB 39. Eagles make it closer than it should have been. The nightmare 2006 AFCCG. SB 42. I don't trust the defense.

At the 30 means the team needs to go about 50 yards for a field goal... offense every time.

Last edited:
I've always been under the impression that the offense has more of an advantage than usual in this situation. First of all, they have four downs to work with. That extra down makes it much easier to score. Second of all, the offense is able to play more aggressively, because they don't have to worry about what happens if they fail, because throwing an interception and turning the ball over on downs are one in the same at the point. Therefore, I'd have to imagine that the offense scores more often than usual. I don't have any actual data on it though, so I could be wrong.

What I don't think I'm wrong about is the fact that both Brady and Manning have been dominant at the end of games. Five times this season, the Patriots final drive (not counting drives with < :30 seconds remaining) started with them down by a touchdown or less. All five times, they scored a touchdown. The Giants faced this situation seven times. They scored a touchdown five times as well. Call me crazy, but I'm taking the offense.

hopefully the Pats are ahead by 14+, so it won't matter anyways.

Given those two options, I want the team's fate in TB's hands.

I want the lead.

Besides....the odds are good that they give up a quick score to allow TFB the opportunity to come back on the field with the offense to win the game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back