In the past, 12% of 0-2 teams reach the playoffs. This year, there are 7 teams

• Redskins
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Saints :(
  • Browns
  • Stinky Fish
Will any 0-2 teams reach NFL playoffs?

Of those I could only see the Saints turning their season around. Offensively they just have so much explosive potential. The remaining teams are just bad all across the board, however.

In the past, 12% of 0-2 teams reach the playoffs. This year, there are 7 teams

• Redskins
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Browns
  • Stinky Fish
Will any 0-2 teams reach NFL playoffs?
Well, Da Bears could join that group tonight. One out of seven is 14%, not 12%, but if I had to pick one of those teams to make it, I'd follow my heart and take the Saints...my wild-eyed rationale would be that they'd be the only 0--2 team in a division without a 2--0 team. And it would must make me sooooooooo happy to see Whiny Pagano and Salty Luck packing their bags at the beginning of January.

Of those I could only see the Saints turning their season around. Offensively they just have so much explosive potential. The remaining teams are just bad all across the board, however.
Yeah its been a touph 2 games lost by a missed FG's and a special teams blunders. One gave the Giants their only TD. Both games were winable. We have alot of injuries espcailly in the secondary.
NO has relied heavily on undrafted rookies Ken Crawley and De'Vante Harris, and Sterling Moore, who signed on Sept. 6.
But thats never an excuse. Need to turn things around and that starts in the locker room. At Blackandgold its constantly said that the Pats are winning with probably even a worse situation.
I dont think letting go spiller over cadet was a good move though. Spiller still has it and was very good in preseason when we used him. But also needed to keep Delvin Breaux to come back later. So needed to free up a spot. Hes going to be an amazing CB. Guys are just not doing there job.

Last edited:
It should be safe to add the Bears to the 0-2 list.

A few years ago...
...On positive side, the Pats won their first game without a full deck of cards on the road, so that could bode very well. Wish I had stats on the SB odds of teams with 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 wins.

The stats on winning 16 regular season games are easy to remember.

In three of the Pats' four SB championship years, they were 2-2 and still won it all. 2001,2003 and 2014 started slowly and ended up hoisting a Lombardi. That is the worst they could be this year before a rested Mr. Brady returns...

Colts look like trash, but I kind of hope they make the playoffs so we can embarass them again on national tv

Colts look like trash, but I kind of hope they make the playoffs so we can embarass them again on national tv
Nah, it will just give them a reason to hang another banner and blame their collapse in the playoffs on a) 'cheating' Patriots ( even if they don't play them) b) the refs c) the elements if they play outside d) acts of G-d
e) anything else.
I'd rather they miss the playoffs and go golfing in January and draft another WR with a high pick when they need help on the lines.............

25% of the teams are 0-2 - 25% of the teams are 2-0

The 0-2 teams (red indicates coaches definitely in the hot seat)
  • Redskins
  • Colts
  • Jaguars
  • Browns
  • Stinky Fish
  • Bears
The 2-0 teams (Giants and Eagles won't both be in playoffs - prediction)
  • Patriots
  • Broncos
  • Steelers
  • Texans
  • Giants
  • Vikings
  • Eagles
  • Ravens

The 3-0 teams (all of them appear to be for real)
  • Pats
  • Broncos
  • Ravens
  • Eagles
  • Vikings

The 0-3 teams
  • Browns
  • Jaguars
  • Bears? (Trailing 24-3)
  • Saints? (I hope not...please beat the Dirty Burds)

I would place the Pats chance of making the playoffs at 100%

The first four games are already gone, but it's worth noting the best team over the last 15 years beat the worst team...Cleveland is 0-5 - stick a fork.

Vikings are the only undefeated team, but would not rank them #1. The 4-1 teams:
  • Pats
  • Falcons
  • Stealers
  • Raiders?
  • Broncos
  • Cows
Seahawks, Packers, Eagles are 3-1 and contenders.

For the past dozen years the NFC champ usually misses the playoffs: Panthers are 1-3. Other one-win teams are:
  • 49ers
  • Chargers
  • Jaguars
  • Bears
  • Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back