PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 1985 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Eason

Rookie
Reaction score
When I think of that team. I think of pride, determination, discipline, and heart. That was my favorite team of all time.

What do you think of when you think of the 1985 AFC Champion Patriots?

How much money would Y.A. Tittle earn if Donald Yee, Esq. was his agent?

Frankly, it's hard to get enthused about what is that far past - folks here can barely work up a good lather over Ben Dreith.

Box_O_Rocks said:
How much money would Y.A. Tittle earn if Donald Yee, Esq. was his agent?

Frankly, it's hard to get enthused about what is that far past - folks here can barely work up a good lather over Ben Dreith.

He was my Mom's favorite Giants player.....

Unfortunately, and unreasonably, the 1985 patriots remind me of the very best single season team of all times, and certainly the best defense, the 1985 Bears (Hannah's last game).

But the 1985 season had the greatest day and season BB (before Belichick).

We were the wild card who won three games on the road and went to SB (sound familiar?). In order to go, we had to go down to Miami to beat Miami who had beat us EIGHTEEN times in row in Miami. It was the Squish the Fish game.

We fans were Tatupu's Mooses. As now, we had great linebackers: probowler Tippet, probowler Nelson and almost pro-bowler Rembert. We had a great OL and a great running game. It was Collins and Weathers who squished the fish.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=14527&pcid=41

mgteich said:
Unfortunately, and unreasonably, the 1985 patriots remind me of the very best single season team of all times, and certainly the best defense, the 1985 Bears (Hannah's last game).

But the 1985 season had the greatest day and season BB (before Belichick).

We were the wild card who won three games on the road and went to SB (sound familiar?). In order to go, we had to go down to Miami to beat Miami who had beat us EIGHTEEN times in row in Miami. It was the Squish the Fish game.

We fans were Tatupu's Mooses. As now, we had great linebackers: probowler Tippet, probowler Nelson and almost pro-bowler Rembert. We had a great OL and a great running game. It was Collins and Weathers who squished the fish.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=14527&pcid=41

Great article. That run by Weathers to seal the win vs Cincy is probably the most vivd memory I have of games at the old stadium.

Hmmmm.

Uses old Patriot team member name "to blend in", check.

Minimum # of posts, check.

Just joined today, check.

Inane, potentially controversial posts trying to stir the pot, Check.

Not very clever Troll, most likely!, check.

Place on Ignore list, check

:trolls:

Tony Eason said:
When I think of that team. I think of pride, determination, discipline, and heart. That was my favorite team of all time.

I think of a great playoff run and a QB who wore a skirt, according to our Hall of Famer. :)

Tony Eason said:

Tony Eason was a pansy.

I know Tony Eason. I saw Tony Eason, you sir are no Tony Eason......... You could not Hold Steve Grogans neck brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes