Welcome to PatsFans.com

The 10 most ignorant comments of 2006

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Dec 24, 2006.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this is why we can't stand the worst of Conservative Archie Bunker-like thinking:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200612220013

William A. Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights: "Well, look, there are people in Hollywood, not all of them, but there are some people who are nothing more than harlots. They will do anything for the buck. They wouldn't care. If you asked them to sodomize their own mother in a movie, they would do so, and they would do it with a smile on their face." [2/9/06]

Fox News host John Gibson: "Do your duty. Make more babies. That's a lesson drawn out of two interesting stories over the last couple of days. First, a story yesterday that half of the kids in this country under five years old are minorities. By far, the greatest number are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic. Why is that? Well, Hispanics are having more kids than others. Notably, the ones Hispanics call 'gabachos' -- white people -- are having fewer." [5/11/06]

Right-wing pundit Ann Coulter on The New York Times' decision to report on the Bush administration's warrantless domestic wiretapping program and a Treasury Department financial transaction tracking program: The Times had done "something that could have gotten them executed, certainly did get [Julius and Ethel] Rosenberg[] executed." [7/12/06]

Coulter
    responding to Hardball host Chris Matthews' question, "How do you know that [former President] Bill Clinton's gay?": "I don't know if he's gay. But [former Vice President] Al Gore -- total fag." [7/27/06]

Nationally syndicated radio host Michael Savage: "That's why the department store dummy named Wolf Blitzer, a Jew who was born in Israel, will do the astonishing act of being the type that would stick Jewish children into a gas chamber to stay alive another day. He's probably the most despicable man in the media next to Larry King, who takes a close runner-up by the hair of a nose. The two of them together look like the type that would have pushed Jewish children into the oven to stay alive one more day to entertain the Nazis." [8/7/06]

Coulter on Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), an African-American: "Congresswoman Maxine Waters had parachuted into Connecticut earlier in the week to campaign against [Sen. Joseph I.] Lieberman because he once expressed reservations about affirmative action, without which she would not have a job that didn't involve wearing a paper hat. Waters also considers Joe 'soft' on the issue of the CIA inventing crack cocaine and AIDS to kill all the black people in America." [8/9/06]

Nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh, blaming America's "obesity crisis" on "the left," "liberal government," and "food stamps": "Because we are sympathetic, we are compassionate people, we have responded by letting our government literally feed these people to the point of obesity. At least here in America, didn't teach them how to fish, we gave them the fish. Didn't teach them how to butcher a -- slaughter a cow to get the butter, we gave them the butter. The real bloat here, as we know, is in -- is in government." [8/29/06]

Coulter on Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI): "They Shot the Wrong Lincoln." [8/30/06]

Conservative pundit and former Republican presidential candidate Pat Buchanan: "Look, [Rep. Jim] Kolbe [R-AZ] is gay. He is an out-of-the-closet gay. [Rep. Mark] Foley [R-FL] was gay. The House clerk who was in charge of the pages [Jeff Trandahl] was gay. Foley's administrative assistant, Mr. [Kirk] Fordham, The New York Times tell us, was gay. You hear about a lot of others. What's going on here, Joe [Scarborough, MSNBC host], is basically these, this little mafia in there looked upon the pages, I guess, as their -- sort of their personal preserve. And it stinks to high heaven what was done. And it stinks to high heaven that it was not exposed and these types of people, thrown out by the Republican Party." [10/9/06]

CNN Headline News host Glenn Beck to Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN): "OK. No offense, and I know Muslims. I like Muslims. ... With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " [11/14/06]

Right-wing pundit Debbie Schlussel on Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL): So, even if he identifies strongly as a Christian ... is a man who Muslims think is a Muslim, who feels some sort of psychological need to prove himself to his absent Muslim father, and who is now moving in the direction of his father's heritage, a man we want as President when we are fighting the war of our lives against Islam? Where will his loyalties be?" [12/18/06]

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

quite frankly, the "honorable" mention ones at the bottom are even more dispicable... hooray Michael Savage! someone end that moron, please...

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Al Gore's got like 5 kids. I'll admit that they looked a little too good when he had them out on the campaign trail. They looked like the perfect 'set' of kids to rent themselves out for Christmas cards and whatnot. However I'm reasonably sure he fathered them and didn't buy 'em. I think that's proof positive that he's straight. It takes true dedication to sex between men and women to knock Tipper up 5 times.

I'll also say that as far as I'm concerned butter comes from the supermarket (I still freak out a bit and yell: "COWS!!" whenever I'm driving and see a bunch of them at the side of the road); but how in god's name does he not know you can get butter from a cow without killing it? I know that poor ol' Rush has four hours a day to fill with that monkey on his back demanding to be fed. Which gives him a ton of time to screw up in; but how can he not know that you can just squeeze on the cows nipples to get milk which is made into butter. Don't they cover that in preschool?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

Praise The Lord Jesus H Christ Almighty God

Merry CHRISTmas.

5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,646 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

I've always wondered, what does the "H" stand for? Henry? Howard? Horatio? Herbert? Please explain.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

Archie Bunker types are aweful, but so aren't the Rosie's of the world.

What is untrue about what he said? Hollywood is filled with the lowest of the low. Of course, I would never make the claim that all, or even most of Hollywood is reprehensible, but there are certainly those in Hollywood who would do what the above statement claims.

Absolutely correct, and the statistics back that up. I've been saying for years now that this country is in serious trouble. Our identity, and worse, our sovereignty, are at serious risk of extinction. When you permit a massive influx of foreigners into your country, you do not encourage asymilation, as you instead force yourself to asymilate. This country is in serious trouble, and you will all be witness to it 10, 20, and 30 years from now. Far too much red-ink, and a massive loss of identity.

I despise Ann Coulter. However, I also dislike the NYT. The NYT thought that people were going to be pissed about the wiretapping, and they weren't (overall). I found it funny how all the polls showed people were not concerned with it as much as the media tried to make it so.

Ann Coulter. Need I say more?

ROFL! Personally, I must admitt that I find Savage to be highly entertaining. His Schtick is classic. Kinda like a cross between NEM & Harry Boy. Always mad, always ranting, and never afraid of the PC police. When you understand his style, and know not to listen to what he says litterally, you realize he's the Archie Bunker of talk radio. We didn't always agree with good ole Archie, but we always thought his show was funny. Savage makes me laugh alot. He's like a pissed off grandpa.

Coulter is disgusting. I hate what people like her, Limbaugh, Odorman, and all the other party stooges do to stifle intelligent debate in this country. Being an extremist who spews propoganda is reprehensible to me. I want the truth, the facts, and the positions people have towards the issues that affect the citizens of this country. I hate it when these loosers never go against anything that their party doesn't tell them too.

Funny how all the Dems were stabbing Leiberman in the back during his race. Typical party politics for you. Even the GOP was fukcing their own candidate to help Joe win. HA! Too funny. Party politics for ya fellas. Keep following them blindly.

Can't stand this fraud. Before he talks about obesity, he should look in the mirror.

This was probably said in jest.

I'd have to see the entire conversation.

Not Politically Correct thing to say? Sure. A valid question? Absolutely. We shouldn't be afraid to ask questions, or raise concerns. Would I have asked it, or have been concerned? No. That's me though.

See above. Might not be PC, but certainly valid to question. If Romney were the son of a KKK dad, a Confederate group dad,or even something like a Minutemen one, would people be wrong to wonder about his views towards blacks or minorities? As I've always said, people are free to do and say whatever it is that they want. What they undertstand is that their are always repurcusions that come with that.

BTW, when I was just out of college and on the job, I was in on a project meeting with some engineers and architects, and I kept asking all kinds of questions. Some of the fellers at the meeting would rolls their eyes as if to say "jesus kid, stfu already" as the answers seemed so obvious to them. The architect however, by far the most important, and most knowledgable person in the meeting, kept answering them excitedly. He then noticed the others getting a tad annoyed, so he paused and said to me "hey, you know, it's great that you're asking all these questions. They may seem simple to some of us, but I bet some people in here don't even know the answers. Remember kid, the only dumb question, is the one that's not asked."

Some of the best advice a person has ever given me.

7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So there have been no "questionable" comments made by ANY lefties or does that not fit the agenda here?

Give anyone enough "mike time" and they'll say something dopey.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, you're welcome to make your own list, rather than get all indignant about this one... i believe the first line of the first post spelled out the agenda here clear as day... not sure why you're being coy about being confused with it...

regardless, the worst of liberal ignorant speech pales in comparison...

9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If it helps you sleep at night that you think that your side isnt quite as bad as "their" side then have at it.

Flame away Agenda Man.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

.....Harold.....

11. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I thought the H stood for Holy.
    Put it on a popsicle stick and you can get 2 for a quarter.

12. Patti37

Patti37 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My mother always told me it stood for Hector.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

From the scriptures of "Harry Boy" this is TRUTH:

Jesus Mother had planned on and wanted very badly to name Jesus "Harold", she finally convinced Joe and all agreed.

At nine fifteen that evening the Three Wise Men Arrived, upon entering the stable one of the Wise Men tripped on a piece of Sheep Sh!t and almost fell, he cried out "Jesus Christ", Mary was stunned, she turned to Joe and said "did you hear that" Joe replied, "yes my darling, that was beautiful", Mary then said, "that settles it, we will call him Jesus Christ" Joe said, "we still could use Harold as his middle name" Mary looked adoringly at her husband and purred, "I love you Joe"

Jesus Harold Christ Loves Me Yes I Know
    For The Bible Tells Me So.
    :bricks:

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

Your a trip Harry! :singing:

15. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thank you, Harry for letting me see the light.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Tell me another story, Uncle Harry. I like that one. Nighty night!