PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That's My Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the debut showing of Adam Sandler's movie That's My Boy in a theatre near you.

Wondering how many of us in here are going to venture out to the theatre to see the movie which for those who don't know is Rex Ryan's Hollywood acting debut but better yet he plays a big Patriots Fan in the movie.

You going to go?,will you wait for it to get to red box/blockbuster?,or just with the attitude of Fu(k Adam Sandler that Jets fan a$shole and screw Ryan too,I won't spend a dime on that garbage?

Here is a short clip of Ryan and Sandler doing some lame comedy in this movie.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqhpuphIXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Waste of time .......... total waste of time IMO.

Waste of time .......... total waste of time IMO.

I would agree,I used to like his stuff early in his career,but he has really put out some dumb ass movies the past 10 years and of top of that he is a HUGE jets fan.

I can't fathom wanting to pay to see this trash unless you like his recent crap.

Last edited:
I got to admit, Rexy is pretty natural on camera, he'd be a blast to hang out with.

Movie looks like absolute crap, typical Sandler movie.

I got to admit, Rexy is pretty natural on camera, he'd be a blast to hang out with.

Yeah if Ryan was starring, I might even go and watch it. But its an Adam Sandler movie... yuck.

I'll catch it when it hits redbox :cool:

Three key reasons NOT to see this movie:

1). It stars Adam Sandler.
2). Adam Sandler stopped being funny when he was fired from SNL in 1995.
3). Adam Sandler is a Jets fan.

WHAT?! You've got to be kidding. From that Youtube clip he looks like a total amateur stiff! You must like hanging out at buffets.

I'll catch it when it hits redbox :cool:

Doesn't Redbox charge $1? That's too much. Save your money, it should be on cable a year from now.

Last edited:
Hate Rex. Big fan of Adam Sandler(I'm not a movie snob,sue me) will rent it.

Sandler's movie quality has dropped, for sure. But if you don't like Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer, then you are dead to me.

If he is a Jets fan, he dropped big time in my book, given that he is from New Hampshire originally and when he came and did his act at UNH he talked about this a lot. Was he shilling for the crowd, or did he turn his back on all that is good and holy by becoming a Jets fan?

Gotta admit that's a pretty funny premise, having Wrecks as a Patriots fan. Could be funny, though wish I didn't know already as it sort of spoils the surprise.

Last edited:
Sandler's movie quality has dropped, for sure. But if you don't like Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer, then you are dead to me.

If he is a Jets fan, he dropped big time in my book, given that he is from New Hampshire originally and when he came and did his act at UNH he talked about this a lot. Was he shilling for the crowd, or did he turn his back on all that is good and holy by becoming a Jets fan?

Gotta admit that's a pretty funny premise, having Wrecks as a Patriots fan. Could be funny, though wish I didn't know already as it sort of spoils the surprise.

Friend, if you go to Adam Sandler movies awaiting surprises you need to start aiming a bit higher.

When did you see him at UNH? Did he keep apologizing to his mom?

Happy Gilmore is the only movie I can stand....and it's still not great. Any other Sandler movie is just so bad. He's the same dumb character with that stupid voice in every movie.

Happy Gilmore is the only movie I can stand....and it's still not great. Any other Sandler movie is just so bad. He's the same dumb character with that stupid voice in every movie.

Keyser Söze knows what he's talking about.

usual_suspects_keyser_soze_small1.jpg

Friend, if you go to Adam Sandler movies awaiting surprises you need to start aiming a bit higher.

The 3 Stooges have more ingenuity than A. Sandler.

The 3 Stooges have more ingenuity than A. Sandler.

The Three Stooges practically invented the slapstick genre; they were comedic innovators. Adam Sandler is a one-trick pony who narrowly channels low-brow "audacity" and calls it humor. How he manages to keep releasing mainstream films is a pretty severe indictment of the American populace.

Sandler is again playing the cool guy who gets all the girls in this movie. No, thank you.

Sandler's done some good stuff and some bad stuff, so he's like pretty much every successful actor and actress throughout history. He's on a bad streak, though, and he may simply have run his course.

Used to be a big Sandler fan..

He lost me about 6-7 movies ago.. the same old, same old story line with a lot of potty humor and that crap whine voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes