PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That's it, I've had enough of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're acting as though this is all about rules. It's not. one could easily argue that rules don't have anything to do with it since this is the NFL, not a court of law, and the commissioner can practically choose any course of action he wishes too. It's a bit naive, if you ask me, to assume that all the NFL's competing interests of various owners, coaches and players are not putting pressure on the commissioner to act one way or the other, regardless of what the rules say. In a court of law, the Patriots would be found guilty of a very minor infraction. But here the commissioner may declare it a major infraction precisely because of the unwritten and unimagined intent of the law.

Look, Peter King said it best. The people around the NFL offices are incredibly angry right now because of the media circus that's detracting from the opening of the season. If you think that anger is only reserved for the Patriots' cheating, I'd say you're off. They're just pissed that their PR is ruined. This is the same sort of thinking that covers up drug use and concussions. Why does the NFL avoid discussing ways to counter concussions or steroid use? Because it's bad PR.

=====================================

This is a very interesting post. And I have been looking at it as a simple manner of a rule violation, a violation that I think we can all agree has been blown way out of proportion.

I think if Goddel would of come out on Tues and said, loss of a 3rd round pick, this would not be such a continuing media circus. I think Goodell needs to come out a soon as posible with his punishment, and a good explanation of what the exact reasons are for the punishment.

Still this whole mess is not Manginis fault, just saying.

It's amazing how you guys screamed bloody murder over SUPPOSED blown refs calls in Super Bowl XL... but don't think anything's wrong with PROVEN cheating in the case of the Patriots.

Back then it was all about "tarnished wins" and stuff. But suddenly that concept doesn't exist now.

Now it's a different tune, and amazingly, you are actually angry with people for being disgusted with the cheating. This is too much!

Last edited:
Don't think anyone is suggesting that Mangini broke a league rule. But you would have to be foolish to believe that 8+ minutes of the game went by before ANYONE on the Jets sidelines realized that they were being filmed.

The Green Bay incident had the Pats film guy ejected with no film seized. No evidence...but also no possibility of stolen signals. Isn't that the point? The Jets allowed the filming to happen and then had the film seized. Why? To screw the Pats. The Jets get the guy removed before the game starts (reporting the activity to the commissioner after the game) and everything gets handled in a professional way.

I don't know what explanation BB has for having a Pats staffer filming on the field. I do know that there is only one explanation for the Jets letting him film their team for at least several minutes before stopping him.
====================================

I am just speculating here.

I think Mangini tipped off Jets security last year. I think that even EM would consider this not a big deal, bbut he brought it up anyway knowing that this stealing the signals happens and was probaly just looking to minimize the Pats opportunities to do it to the Jets and was probaly worried and focused on other things during the Pats game last Sun.

I think Jets security was awre of this photographer, and knew that the NFL had sent out a cease and desisist memo.

Security geeks always want to flex there muscle. and in this case they did. The security geeks no doubt consider this there chance to look important and to stick it to the hated Boston area NE Patriots. I have only beent o NY once and never to Boston, Bostonian sport fans and NY sport fans are taught to hate each other from birth, but if the security geek is from NY, I could understand his desire to bust the Pats.

I think EM was unaware what the security was up to last Sunday.

The real problem is how did this get leaked to the press so quickly. If we could of kept the press out of this, then Goodell could of dealt with this quietly.

I guess Jet fans don't deserve a spell check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back