PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That was pass interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a clear cut PI penalty. Could've gone either way.

But we deserved it anyway

I still think we would've drove downfield to score anyway to be honest

I actually thought a terrible call was the personal foul on the Edelman touchdown. That was a totally clean hit by the DB - shoulder to shoulder, no helmet contact at all. That 15 yards on the kickoff was huge.

Seriously, the people who don't see PI need to grow a new set of eyes and get a refresh on the rules.

you're not my friend and you can't stoop with your legs cut off at the knees. "probably" interference at the end, you disingenuous little troll?

"PROBABLY!!"

it's not "probable " that you're a little rat troll...it's DEFINITE

Doesn't change the fact that the PI called at the end of your game today was not PI. Why are you talking about last season? That has no bearing on this game, or the play call in question here.

I'm not trolling. In fact, it appears that you are being far more troll-like than I am right now.

I'm sorry that you are unable to have a conversation with a fan who disagrees with you without resorting to name calling and bigotry.

Seriously, the people who don't see PI need to grow a new set of eyes and get a refresh on the rules.
Does that include Ty Law and Troy Brown?

Again, "the rules" allow for A LOT of calls to be called on every play of every game. By the letter of the rules, that was perhaps PI. As a lifelong football fan, I know that was a ticky-tack call.

Listen to the old Colt fans (and the current Bronco fans) cry for a call on every pass play.

Polian

you're not my friend and you can't stoop with your legs cut off at the knees. "probably" interference at the end, you disingenuous little troll?

4th-And-Goal-High-Angle1.jpg

"PROBABLY!!"

super-bowl-holding-penalty.jpg

it's not "probable " that you're a little rat troll...it's DEFINITE

That makes it look worse than what it was ;)

The only thing questionable to me was whether it was in the end zone. I would have put it on the 5-8 yardline myself.

I saw two flags thrown on the play. One (as you say) at about the five yard line (likely holding, as I think the ball was not yet in the air) and another thrown in the end zone. The defender never looked back to the ball and made contact with Boyce. That's PI.

Does that include Ty Law and Troy Brown?

The next positive thing Ty Law says about the Patriots will be the first in about a decade.

And Troy Brown. Love him as a Patriot but as an analyst he is borderline terrible.

Doesn't change the fact that the PI called at the end of your game today was not PI. Why are you talking about last season? That has no bearing on this game, or the play call in question here.

I'm not trolling. In fact, it appears that you are being far more troll-like than I am right now.

I'm sorry that you are unable to have a conversation with a fan who disagrees with you without resorting to name calling and bigotry.

bigotry??? what the hell kind of drugs are YOU smoking?...you're a scummy troll as every one of your lying posts PROVE. Again, that's NOT "probably".

here's the clip...the ref makes the call immediately...you don't like it troll? take it up with the ref who made an IMMEDIATE call.

patsPI.gif

I saw two flags thrown on the play. One (as you say) at about the five yard line (likely holding, as I think the ball was not yet in the air) and another thrown in the end zone. The defender never looked back to the ball and made contact with Boyce. That's PI.

EXACTLY!!! No question.

bigotry??? what the hell kind of drugs are YOU smoking?...you're a scummy troll as every one of your lying posts PROVE. Again, that's NOT "probably".

here's the clip...the ref makes the call immediately...you don't like it troll? take it up with the ref who made an IMMEDIATE call.

patsPI.gif

I'm sorry - I still don't see PI there. As your receiver runs past the CB, he puts his hand out to push off (albeit slightly) the CB. The CB reaches out and puts his hand on the receivers shoulder.

There wasn't any impediment. There was contact by both players.

I just don't think the refs can call that pass interference, that late in the game which all but guaranteed the victory for the Pats.

And please, stop with the names. They aren't necessary. We can have a conversation and discuss the play, but your anger really is unjustified.

patsPI.gif

That s for providing the gif, I've been waiting for it.

Clearly there's contact but I do not see a 'tug' or any perceptible physical impairment of Boyce's ability to catch the ball.

Edit: the one thing that works against McFadden is that he didn't look back.

I'm sorry - I still don't see PI there. As your receiver runs past the CB, he puts his hand out to push off (albeit slightly) the CB. The CB reaches out and puts his hand on the receivers shoulder.

You're being deliberately hard headed. I'm sure you saw the other angle just like the rest of us.

[EDIT] And the official who threw the flag didn't even have that other view. He was right there though.

patsPI.gif

I love the caption on that video. Made me LOL.

patsPI.gif

Thanks for posting the video of that play. The DB clearly yanks on Boyce's left shoulderpad as the receiver is trying to reach up to make the catch. The DB was clearly not playing the football and physically interfered with/touched the WR as the play was about to be made.

The rulebook does not say that the receiver has to have his arm ripped off and be bleeding profusely for that play to be called PI.

You're being deliberately hard headed. I'm sure you saw the other angle just like the rest of us.

GIF me. (Or a link to video of the other angle).

I wasn't watching the game closely (was still recovering from the heart attack I almost had during our game against the Vikings) :D

All I've seen is the angle that GIF shows, would love another angle though.

And once again, just for the record, I wanted you guys to win today. I wasn't rooting against you this week, and am just stating my opinion. No intentional hard headedness intended.

I just don't think the refs can call that pass interference, that late in the game which all but guaranteed the victory for the Pats.

And please, stop with the names. They aren't necessary. We can have a conversation and discuss the play, but your anger really is unjustified.

I'm not angry, I'm disgusted by your intergalactic IGNORANCE, Mr. Probably.Once again, DO NOT ADDRESS US with your idiotic opinion, take it up with the ref who immediately called it...or are you PROBABLY better qualified to make an in game judgement than an NFL referee?

I'm not angry, I'm disgusted by your intergalactic IGNORANCE, Mr. Probably.Once again, DO NOT ADDRESS US with your idiotic opinion, take it up with the ref who immediately called it...or are you PROBABLY better qualified to make an in game judgement than an NFL referee?

NFL refs have been so clearly inept this year. I think my grandmother is more qualified to make an in game judgment call than the fellas out in black and white on Sundays. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back