That was pass interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
The announcer is a moron.

The ball was in the air.

The CB yanked Boyce back at the 3 yard line and slowed him down.

If he doesn't get yanked, he catches that TD.

The announcer doesn't even know basic rules of football, like the fact that you can hit WRs when he QB is out of the pocket.

Well to be fair he probably assumed the special Patriots pass-interference rules were in effect where you are allowed to bear hug the Patriots receivers without it being a penalty :cool:

The official NFLN stance is "questionable"...so there it is...Patriots cheat again meme...yes it was PI..and no I never thought Boger's crew would call that. He called NOTHING on much worse in the Super Bowl and the Jets game.

The only thing questionable to me was whether it was in the end zone. I would have put it on the 5-8 yardline myself.

Play straight out of the Ravens playbook.

Toss it up for the 4.3 speed guy, get a cheap flag.

If that was PI then their should be a flag every single passing play in the NFL. One lucky team

reading jets insider makes me want to puke.

It was PI... no doubt.

Criqui is a jackazz... Tasker is not a lot better.

If those roles had been reversed and that was Talib, this forum would be up in arms at that call. That was six of one, half a dozen of 'tother. It was actually really good coverage by McFadden who was one of my major draft bickies last year.

I agree, the PI occurred at the 3 yard line. however, the ref didn't reach for his flag until the ball was almost there, leading me to believe he's not calling the PI at the 3, but on something he saw in the end zone.

So right call, right intent, wrong part of the play. I'll take it.

If that was PI then their should be a flag every single passing play in the NFL. One lucky team

So, Boyce being yanked at the 3 doesn't count for anything?

What pissed me off was the announcer.

On the 3rd and 17, during the challenge, he said, "No catch."

It clearly wasn't - the ball moved and his hand came off it.

Then they "confirmed" the catch and the jackass said, "Great call."

Then he whined on the PI.

This game was no fun to watch - I hate games where the refs determine almost everything.

First drive, fumble, TD Pats...game over early. This crew should be out, period.

We had another terrible call go in our favour today, that intentional grounding on Campbell. He was half a mile outside the tackle box.

He also didn't bother to mention (or simply doesn't have knowledge that it's relevant to the rule) that Campbell did not get the pass back to the LOS on his intentional grounding. Just kept harping on the fact that he was outside the pocket.

I don't know if I'd put it on the level of Jim Nantz bias during the Dolphin game but it was one of the more biased commentators I've heard. Glad the Pats won and his day is probably ruined.

The only thing questionable to me was whether it was in the end zone. I would have put it on the 5-8 yardline myself.

I agree with you Rob. He was clearly interfered with at the 5 or so.

We had another terrible call go in our favour today, that intentional grounding on Campbell. He was half a mile outside the tackle box.

The throw didn't make the line of scrimmage.

We would still score from 30yards outs, if anything it helped Browns with time to get to FG range so who cares :rocker:

It was not pass interference in the end zone. It was pass interference somewhere around the 5.

That was a good call because his pass didn't make it to the line of scrimmage. It landed a couple yards short of the LOS and there was no eligible receiver in the area.

The pass interference call, however, not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes