PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That San Francisco pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney is NOT a great receiver out of the backfield. That's just not his game. He may improve but he's not a natural.

You're a flailing idiot. You do this constantly. Just because he didn't catch many balls in college doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill. In fact, he came into camp and surprised a lot of people with his hands.

And if anyone thinks drafting another RB is in line with the value-based way this F.O. operates, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe quit following football because it's "just not your game. You may improve, but you're not a natural."

You're a flailing idiot. You do this constantly. Just because he didn't catch many balls in college doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill. In fact, he came into camp and surprised a lot of people with his hands.

And if anyone thinks drafting another RB is in line with the value-based way this F.O. operates, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe quit following football because it's "just not your game. You may improve, but you're not a natural."

AHHHH! As eloquent and stupid as your usual ignorant self.

If your read the thread you'd see I said he can catch the ball, but he's not a natural. HE JUST ISN'T. Faulk and Morris have a much better knack for it than he does.

So far, Morris has been a MUCH better runner than him. Morris slides and hits the hole with tons of power.

I saw Maroney finally doing that during the last half of the Bills game.

Am I a fan of Maroney's.......hell no. Can he get better and become a great back maybe. His problem is in the NFL he will continue to miss games.

He's not that big but he runs a style that suits a bulkier sturdier runner.

He makes more contact than making folks miss.

Not a bust, a serviceable back, but will never play to the potential of a 1st round pick.

Addai is immensley better.

So by chance if the front office determines McFadden is the next coming of ************ himself, and are in position to get him, they are going to trade down because their perceived philosphy is trading a quarter for two dimes and a nickel.

Nuts!

Right now they are 2-3 does that translate

to a @ 6-1:D season ... nice to think about for sure.

no, commish took away OUR pick, not SF's...

btw, with arizone losing both qb's and seattle now going downward, SF may end up with a worse pick then expected

Right now SF pick is between 8-13. I don't see it going any lower than 13.
I think it will be around 10. Best thing for us would be for a run on qb's.
B.Brohm,A.Woodson and M.Ryan. 1st two get drafted and some team around 15 feels they absolutely must get the one left. Trade for their one this year and their one next year.

Right now SF pick is between 8-13. I don't see it going any lower than 13.
Of course I want it as high as possible but anything in the top 16 is OK with me. Gets us a guy we can sign for 6 years (or trade down if we choose) and there's almost always really good players there at #16; once you hit the 20s is when the talent can sometimes get spotty.

We want the highest pick possible for one obvious reason, the ability to draft a better player, but for another reason that the Pats are known for come draft day. TRADES! The Pats love to move on draft day, and the Pats, because of how they treat the cap and value, would probably like a higher pick so they could move down add something extra.

We want the highest pick possible for one obvious reason, the ability to draft a better player, but for another reason that the Pats are known for come draft day. TRADES! The Pats love to move on draft day, and the Pats, because of how they treat the cap and value, would probably like a higher pick so they could move down add something extra.

EXACTLY. It's a little short-sighted for people to say they don't want a top 5 pick b/c of the salary issues - we can TRADE a top 5 pick for a top 16 pick AND something and still save $$$.

only if another team wants to trade...

its too risky...

Well-SF will be facing a RED HOT Giants team next week.

Looks like the G-Men have gotten their act together the last month.

No way we should draft Matt Ryan. I think he's great, and would be a perfect understudy for Brady but he's come along a few years too early. If we draft him that means we're going to waste the next five years developing him and then lose him to free agency because Brady will still be playing at a high level then, and Matt Ryan will be too expensive and frustrated to be resigned as a back up.

S.F. hammered again. As our game was reduced to an exhibition, I watched some of the SF/NY game. Niners ol got abused. Just as Seattle did to them. They need a mobile qb or they will have trouble beating anyone. Their quandry is that a terrible ol and an injured young qb(A.Smith- Bad shoulder) isn't a good thing. Smith has to play for them to be decent. But, they are risking injury if they bring him back. I don't see them being any better than 6-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes