PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That long bomb with 6:00 to go in the 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave me flashbacks to the Randy Moss error. Didn't work then either.

They were going for juggler. Just didn't convert. Sucks with no deep threat on this team

That call had Josh written all over it. Also, I was screaming at the top of my lungs at all the empty sets we were running. Absolutely no reason to go empty backfield at any point given the way we were running effectively.

So welcome back Skippy, our OC of the future. :bricks:

Here the team needed to work the clock down and a call like that ??? Are you shi(ting me ? And the kicker was that Brady had all day to thrown the ball as Light had face-planted Suggs, Brady had an hour and a half to see the entire field, Gronk was open and Welker were open to the right for atleast a 15-20 yard gain and TB throws it to STer Matthew Slater in Triple coverage. Are you effin Shi**ing me TB? What the eff were you thinking? You've been in this league 11 years, that's something a TJ Yates would do, not one of the greatest to ever play, c'mon Tommy, that was inexcusable and I think he knows it.

Last edited:
They were going for juggler.

was he open?

Juggler.jpg

Here the team needed to work the clock down and a call like that ??? Are you shi(ting me ? And the kicker was that Brady had all day to thrown the ball as Light had face-planted Suggs, Brady had an hour and a half to see the entire field, Gronk was open and Welker were open to the right for atleast a 15-20 yard gain and TB throws it to STer Matthew Slater in Triple coverage. Are you effin Shi**ing me TB? What the eff were you thinking? You've been in this league 11 years, that's something a TJ Yates would do, not one of the greatest to ever play, c'mon Tommy, that was inexcusable and I think he knows it.

I know, I blame us losing today on him.

I know, I blame us losing today on him.

Unbelievable, listen Mr. Homer, I'm very happy we won, ecstatic that we're going to the Show, did you read the title of this thread? Mercy !

Unbelievable, listen Mr. Homer, I'm very happy we won, ecstatic that we're going to the Show, did you read the title of this thread? Mercy !

The Patriots won the AFCC game and THAT was your first post.

And it included this

Are you effin Shi**ing me TB? What the eff were you thinking? You've been in this league 11 years, that's something a TJ Yates would do, not one of the greatest to ever play, c'mon Tommy, that was inexcusable and I think he knows it.

THAT is your first thought to express on the board when 'your team' earns a SB berth. You are the kind of fan we could do without.

The Patriots won the AFCC game and THAT was your first post.

And it included this

THAT is your first thought to express on the board when 'your team' earns a SB berth. You are the kind of fan we could do without.

Listen, I'm every bit as much a fan as you are and I would be willing to bet even more. I didn't see you down in New Orleans when the Pats played the Bears in 86, I was there, in the stadium looking around for you, not sure where you were my friend. I love the Pats, but I'll critique them when I want because that's what fans can do, why, because I'm a fan of the football team.

You on the other hand are the classic homer that we can do without, all you do is ballwash, have some gumption and add some kind of legitimate comment to a thread titled "That long bomb with 6:00 to go in the 4th.."

Freakin homer..........

Last edited:
That call was inexplicable. What the hell were BoB/Brady thinking?

That was a Brett Favre play, absolutely horrible.

Hated that call on the bomb to a special teamer. Hated the long pass to Edelman, another WR who shouldnt be on deep routes (and who needs to try to break up impending interceptions); hated running BJGE outside the tackle on 3rd and 4 ( they should almost never have him run wide) and REALLY hated kneeling and running out the clock at the end of the 1st half. Why run it out there when yu gonna get the ball in the second half in about the same spot. Seems like they were playing not to lose. (The Pats won SBs because of gutsy decisions, not playing like a Herm Edwards coached team)

Last edited:
That call had Josh written all over it. Also, I was screaming at the top of my lungs at all the empty sets we were running. Absolutely no reason to go empty backfield at any point given the way we were running effectively.

So welcome back Skippy, our OC of the future. :bricks:

They have been doing that all year, I don't think it's mcdaniels, it's the teams philosophy.

Listen, I'm every bit as much a fan as you are and I would be willing to bet even more. I didn't see you down in New Orleans when the Pats played the Bears in 86, I was there, in the stadium looking around for you, not sure where you were my friend.

I guess your vision is as good as your fandom.

I love the Pats, but I'll critique them when I want because that's what fans can do, why, because I'm a fan of the football team.
And you think that a fan, after the team wins the AFCCG is supposed to find something to criticize the GOAT QB about before ever making a positive comment about winning the AFCCG? As I said, you are the kind of fan we can do without.

You on the other hand are the classic homer that we can do without, all you do is ballwash, have some gumption and add some kind of legitimate comment to a thread titled "That long bomb with 6:00 to go in the 4th.."
Yeah, I should get better at bltching at the team as soon as I can after they win an AFCCG.

Freakin homer..........

Coming from you that is the ultimate complement.

What I hated about that call was that it was designed for Slater. That dude has the worst football tracking skills of any of our WRs. I'm not sure he even knew where the football was and didn't attempt to attack the ball at all.

I don't know how many plays he was in for offense prior to that play, but if it was the only offensive play he was in, then it's even worst because obviously the Ravens knew something was up.

Brady should have gone to his secondary read when he saw Slater had two guys back there with him. Really a "Brett Favre" decision on Brady there. A long drive there for some points could really have salted this game away.

Last edited:
First off, YEAH!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!! WHOOO!! Defense played great, we had some lucky breaks. Whatever it takes to win.

That said...

What the HELL.... *HELL* was with that long bomb pass to SLATER with 6 minutes to go in the 4th after the Pats interception?

Was that not the single most stupid play you've ever seen called? Brady was clearly off all day, and so he's going to throw long to a special teamer?

All we needed to do was march it down for a few first downs, and instead we're throwing dangerous passes?

Awful play. Awful decision on Brady's part.

I wonder if that was BOB or Josh....

Actually the stupidest play I have seen is going for it on 4th and 13 in the Super Bowl (EDIT: in FG range in a dome). Whether that was Josh or Bill we'll never know but that it was galactically stupid is pretty clear (IMHO).

Last edited:
First off, YEAH!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!! WHOOO!! Defense played great, we had some lucky breaks. Whatever it takes to win.

That said...

What the HELL.... *HELL* was with that long bomb pass to SLATER with 6 minutes to go in the 4th after the Pats interception?

Was that not the single most stupid play you've ever seen called? Brady was clearly off all day, and so he's going to throw long to a special teamer?

All we needed to do was march it down for a few first downs, and instead we're throwing dangerous passes?

Awful play. Awful decision on Brady's part.

I've got no problem with the play call. I like the idea of trying to take advantage of a team when they might still be pouting from the previous play. The problem I have is that once Brady sees the S back there, he's basically throwing it into double coverage. If its single coverage, let it rip. But double coverage to a WR who caught all of one pass all season is just a terrible decision.

He should have checked down to another receiver as soon as he saw that their safety didn't bite. That one is completely on Brady.

Sorry, but I don't think that one is on Tom. There was no "read" to be made. Just a simple play-action bomb called by the OC to try to catch the Ravens completely off guard. Brady was going to chuck it regardless.

I was saying the whole time "don't get cute here." Just a really bad play call in that situation, nothing more.

Last edited:
I guess your vision is as good as your fandom.

And you think that a fan, after the team wins the AFCCG is supposed to find something to criticize the GOAT QB about before ever making a positive comment about winning the AFCCG? As I said, you are the kind of fan we can do without.

Sorry Andy, I am not sure that you can say that the GOAT was responsible for the team winning today. Poor decisions lad to four turnovers (two overturned). The last one (the subject of the OP) being bailed out by a missed FG does not confer greatness to our QB, it simply bails him out. That being said, if our team can win against top competition while playing a mistake-ridden game, I like our chances if we show up and play like Patriots in two weeks.

Last edited:
There was nothing wrong with the play call, it was Brady's decision to throw the ball that was very questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes