PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That Genius Brain Is a' Workin'!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just reading this made my heart soar today!

Patriots simulate 'halftime' break - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"......."Coach Belichick is a genius," said Patriots running back Stevan Ridley. "He's special. That was coach Belichick doing his thing.

"To come up with that idea shows you what he's thinking about. He knows what's going to work and he's been around longer than any of us, and he's doing everything he can to get us prepared."

Even when the team came in at halftime of the practice, Belichick spoke to them as if it were halftime of the Super Bowl.

"We were sitting in there and we had a halftime talk like it'll be Sunday," Ridley said. "He wanted this to be like a game experience, as close as we could get........"

Last edited:
Was Madonna music playing in the background?

:eek:

Was Madonna music playing in the background?

:eek:

Hell, he probably brought Madonna herself in to sing from outside the doors!!!!!!

Kinda shocked that EVERY team doesn't do this.

Creative detail, especially the 'talk' interesting he mentioned the longer halftime earlier this week being an issue. Surprising no ones tried it before.

Coughlin's thinking 'wish I thought of that':ugh:

Between Stevan Ridley fumbling and giving away state secrets, I'll be shocked if he's playing on Sunday.

Creative detail, especially the 'talk' interesting he mentioned the longer halftime earlier this week being an issue. Surprising no ones tried it before.

Coughlin's thinking 'wish I thought of that':ugh:

Yeah and Giants players are thinking "parade, parade, parade....".

Belichick's a genius. I'm sure Coughlin is ripping off this idea right now and will practice it tomorrow.

That old fossil Skip Bayless has jumped to the Giants ship, calling this move desperate and now that Gronkowski may not be 100%, he has the Pats losing the game.

I hope belichick has plans to keep gronk's ankle loose at halftime. I remember in the 2009 super bowl dwight feeeney had an ankle sprain too. Freeney was effective for the first half, but during the long half time show his ankle stiffened up and he was not effective at all during the second half.

Last edited:
Between Stevan Ridley fumbling and giving away state secrets, I'll be shocked if he's playing on Sunday.
Guess we wont have any RBs because BJGE was quoted too

Maybe Ocho finally contributed to the team by simulating the diva halftime act, complete with nip slip.

Belichick's a genius. I'm sure Coughlin is ripping off this idea right now and will practice it tomorrow.

That old fossil Skip Bayless has jumped to the Giants ship, calling this move desperate and now that Gronkowski may not be 100%, he has the Pats losing the game.

The players will just have to wonder why Couphlin didn't think of it and how it inspired their coach copy it. :bricks:

Here's the kicker.

BB and the coaches actually said yesterday that they are ONE DAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE this week in preparation.

The man is crossing every T and dotting every i. He's leaving no stone unturned.

This is perhaps why he's seemed so at ease this week. It's as if he knows he's never prepared this well before.

Attention to detail.

Troy Brown said they have never done this in any of the other SB's he was in.

I hope belichick has plans to keep gronk's ankle loose at halftime. I remember in the 2009 super bowl dwight feeeney had an ankle sprain too. Freeney was effective for the first half, but during the long half time show his ankle stiffened up and he was not effective at all during the second half.

AP News

Patriots Coach Bill Belichick has hired two professional "fluffers" to massage and "stimulate" the Gronk's injured ankle. The fluffers are in town working on the movie "One Night in Dee" featuring Rock Stone and Amber Alert. Former Giants player and Belichick friend Lawrence Taylor alerted his former defensive coach on the benefits of a professional fluffer and arranged the "consultation". Taylor, not wanting to offend players of his former team, has arranged private parties for several current Giants players. Taylor was quoted, "I just want to see the players perform at the "highest" level."

He'll be smart enough to keep Gronk on a treadmill for 30 minutes. Keep the blood flowing and going.

Attention to detail.

Troy Brown said they have never done this in any of the other SB's he was in.

Troy brown also said that the pats had the worst week of practice leading up to SB42, so hopefully things are different this time.

Fortunately a Skip Bayless endorsement for the Super Bowl is not desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes