That fat b*stard from the Herald should be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It shows you that Tomase had NO STORY and was desperate just to get some attention and put a false rumor out there. That is completely irresponsible.

Who wants to wager Tomase won't be covering this team next year?

This was a very, very bad day for Tomase and the Herald. They had their facts wrong, they published a story.

While I disagree with my fellow armchair lawyers who say the Pats have no case here, the real question is whether or not the Patriots (Kraft) want to pursue it and I don't believe they will.

However, mark this down: Tomase will not be covering the Pats this fall. Call it a hunch, a guarantee, whatever.

I can't believe they haven't fired him yet.

tomase should be fired for publishing false information.

ESPN is having Felger on in a few minutes to answers their questions about what is going on at the Herald.

Sounds like they may just grill 'em. Knowing Felgie's personality and shoot from the lip ways - - well, this may just get interesting.

Last edited:
I can't believe they haven't fired him yet.
I doubt we'll see him much longer. The Herald would have looked stupid if they'd fired him just to have Walsh produce the walkthrough tape.

Even ESPN (Wingo) just said they'd very much like to hear from them. Hammer Time:p

Re: Who wants to wager Tomase won't be covering this team next year?

He needs to be fired, end of story.

Reallly going out on a limb there.

Ummmm, no bet.

This was a very, very bad day for Tomase and the Herald. They had their facts wrong, they published a story.

While I disagree with my fellow armchair lawyers who say the Pats have no case here, the real question is whether or not the Patriots (Kraft) want to pursue it and I don't believe they will.

However, mark this down: Tomase will not be covering the Pats this fall. Call it a hunch, a guarantee, whatever.

This is what wiill happen.Pat Purcell the Publisher of the Herald will go to Foxboro with his hat in his hand and to avoid lengthy and costly litigation ,He will offer the following to the Patriots.
1.A Front Page retraction and apology.
2. John Tomase will be fired.
3.Mike Felger will be reassigned to covering Women's Lawn Bowling.
4. The New Patriots Beat Writer will have to be approved by The Patriots.
The Herald can't afford this litigation so this is what will happen.

Last edited:

This is what wiill happen.Pat Purcell the Publisher of the Herald will go to Foxboro with his hat in his hand and to avoid lengthy and costly litigation ,He will offer the following to the Patriots.
1.A Front Page retraction and apology.
2. John Tomase will be fired.
3.Mike Felger will be reassigned to covering Women's Lawn Bowling.
4. The New Patriots Beat Writer will have to be approved by The Patriots.
The Herald can't afford this litigation so this is what will happen.

At the very least I think the Patriots will force Tomase out ... that is if the Herald wants to get better eaccess than trolling the internet.

This guy should be banned FOR LIFE from being a sport columnist because of what he did.

He will never have any access to pats for LIFE.

Tomase will not be covering the Pats this fall. Call it a hunch, a guarantee, whatever.
Ya think?

Does that mean he won't be summering in Nantucket?

I don't think he'll be fired because, but I'd say he is moved to another beat or he resigns. I know he's getting all the blame, but Walsh, or his source, are the real culprits in the story, unless Tomase just wrote the story without any input from his editors and confirmation of the source being who they say they are.

At the very least I think the Patriots will force Tomase out ... that is if the Herald wants to get better eaccess than trolling the internet.

If the Pats are willing to freeze out ESPN on draft day, you can bet your dollar they will have no problem with freezing out the Herald. That paper's sports department chief better wake up and start mending fences with the Pats pronto or all Herald reporters will become persona non grata.

They will have him cover golf, curling, etc until the potential for a lawsuit blows over. Firing him would admit guilt. Keeping him on in a non-Patriots role would be the smartest move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down