PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks Vrabel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying thanks doesn't seem like enough.

I'm not the least bit surprised after how sharply his play has declined the past year and a half the BB would make the move. He makes sense for Pioli as a 1 year stopgap veteran to lead the defense and help set the kind of tone in the locker room Pioli needs to instill.

It is still sad to see him go. He was a huge factor is so much of the success here in the decade. I'm not sure anyone but Brady made as many big plays in big games than Vrabel has.

Thank you for all the entertainment you provided on Sundays and being somebody my kids could look up to as a professional athlete. I remember the write about him in the Globe a few years back about how important family was to him.

BTW they only player jersey I own.

Good luck with the Chiefs.

My favorite memory of Vrabel is EVERYONE'S favorite memory of Vrabel: Not the TDs, 'though those were great, not the strip sacks, 'though those were ample. Two words: "The Hurry."

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
Very surprised...and glad to see this thread thanking him for his years here!!! He was one of the best...and was able to play D being a coach on the field...THAT's so special to have for a team...and his offense performance?? He's on the field AND on a goal line situation..the best receiver in that situation. Tough..tough...I know doing that was NOT easy for CoachB...but something larger is in the works..and I HOPE that can in time erase a lot of sad bitter feelings from fans..Way too fast...but I also see him as more important to be at KC with Pioli and helping that young team become strong. Good luck Mike!!!!! yes a standing O when he returns here!!!

Jeez. He was one of my favorites. Just a year away from becoming a UFA too. This leads me to believe that the team views cap space as somewhat critical. If I understand the situation, the total cap savings here is $3.050 million. Not chump change, by any means, but not a whopping number either.

Great pick up for a young KC team looking for a bit of veteran leadership and a coach on the field.

Class guy. Tough, smart football player. Three rings.

Hard to improve on that.

ty_law.jpg

Thanks, Mike.

Great guy. Great player.

I trust BB, and there was NO pass rush from the edge to speak of this year. Unfortunately, Vrabel was part of that problem.

One of my favorites. Vrabel has played so well for so long, and I'll miss not having him in a Patriots uniform. However the good teams need to turn over older players and replace them with younger talented ones if they are going to remain competitive for a length of time. I'm not sure who'll replace him, but I can't wait to find out.

Vrabel was one of my all time favorite players. So I am sad to see him go. If the pick is good though, it was the right time. He is more valuable to the Chiefs than the Pats at this point.

iam kinda stunned. appreciate all he has done.

Agreed. This is def shocking and sad. I hope Mike knows how much Patriot fans appreciate everything he's done in a Pats uniform. Damn. I don't know why, but a trade feels so much more shocking and abrupt than the way other guys have left in FA in the past.

Agreed. This is def shocking and sad. I hope Mike knows how much Patriot fans appreciate everything he's done in a Pats uniform. Damn. I don't know why, but a trade feels so much more shocking and abrupt than the way other guys have left in FA in the past.

Hey, it hurts, but it's better than Vinatraitor signing with Indy on the first day of FA. :):(

That, and the Patriots got a draft pick for Vrabel on his way out the door.

All I'm going to say is that I can't really imagine THESE Patriots taking the field without Vrabel back there.

My mind simply can't comprehend it. He was the wise-cracking ball-buster that kept everyone loose.

Who is going to bust-em on Belichick now?

I'm going to miss him, even if he was on the downside of his career.

If you have the Pats SB38 DVD, listen to the players' commentary track. Vrabel takes that thing over. Definitely not a shy guy. I bet he was a great locker room presence and vocal guy on the field.

Regards,
Chris

Hey, it hurts, but it's better than Vinatraitor signing with Indy on the first day of FA. :):(

That, and the Patriots got a draft pick for Vrabel on his way out the door.

Yeah true...but to me, its almost as if we've kicked Vrabel out...when a guy in FA leaves, you can harbor some modicum of resentment which lessens the blow of their departure. In Vrabel's case, the guy has been an ultimate team player from day 1, and there is no such resentment due to it being a trade.

Mike has been the consumate Patriot. Much the way Joe Andruzzi was. Blue Collar guy. Leader. Didn't grumble. Played hurt. He's going to be missed. But, the Pats will move on. Just like they have after Milloy, Law, Andruzzi, McGinest all moved on.

Thanks for the memories Mike.

best wishes mike

Nice thread !
Sorry to see him go.
Thanks Mike.

Great Patriot.

Was surprised as there was no talk about it.

Thanks Mike.

I'll miss you vrabes....

Truly my fav pats player.

Thanks Mike. A great Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back