Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thanks to Obama and Podesta ... UFO Info is Coming.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 23, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Now this is going to be very, very :cool::cool::cool:.

Obama's open information policy is also going to reach to UFO info where United States security is not compromised.

Honolulu Exopolitics Examiner: UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Yeah, we'll see about this. Typical slop they say before they're elected and read in.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

hmmm sounds like total bull****.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -9

Wow....you and Belichick reacting the exact same way! Wonders never cease. ;) Man, would I love to see this happen. Maybe it is bs, but if it ever was released it would result in instant and permanent trust...think about it.

Also, please consider the influence it "could" have on cultures across the planet. Wouldn't it give us a convincing argument to get along & save our planet? Possibly even inspire us to higher levels of intectualism & altruistic achievement!
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I agree with you. I think we're mature enough as a world society to handle the "truth." It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, finally comes of this.
  6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

If you believe in things that don't exist, sounds like the same argument for religious BS. It's always the same group of goobers eager to believe in Aliens that jump to the most irrational explanations for anything they can't immediately understand.

I'll bet you any amount of money you want that no Alien aircraft has ever visited this planet, and whatever secrets the U.S. has is nothing to do with extra terrestrials. It's mathematically and scientifically improbable to the point of being practically impossible.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

How is it impossible?
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

You don't believe that in all the vastness of space (go ahead and look up if it's starry out)... in all the trillions and trillions of lightyears, out of all those solar systems just like our's, there is no life besides us? Why would the government keep UFO investigations under wraps (IN YOUR OPINION) if there was nothing interesting in those files?
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I know all about this but if I told everything I know you would all think I'm nuts.
    I can say this though "Soon"
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

First of all, I said "Practically impossible" in that the probability of it is so small that without any real evidence it should be dismissed. The arguments for extra-terrestrial UFOs and Aliens are exactly the same as any other faith-based belief and the vast majority of conspiracy theories: I believe because I want to believe. There isn't a shred of evidence beyond vague grainy hoax videos and dubious anecdotal evidence involving people who are predisposed to believe anything supernatural/mystical whatever you want to call it in places near Airforce bases etc. That is my reason for NOT believing in UFO sightings as Alien visitors. These people simply don't understand the scale of the universe and all of the factors involved. Is there life, even intelligent life out there somewhere? Most likely. But there is barely a chance that they've visited us.

The reason why I say it's PRACTICALLY impossible (as in extremely unlikely) is because that's exactly what the overwhelming majority of astrophysicists and mathematicians say. I strongly suggest that you read Stephen Hawking or Neil DeGrasse Tyson or any of the other people for a better explanation of this but I'll do my best to give a few reasons as to why the probability of it is amazingly small:

It took 4.5 billion years for earth to evolve human intelligence, with the first prokaryotes forming about 3.8 billion years ago. It took another 2 billion years for the first multicellular organisms to form during which time any number of things could have extinguished life. The improbability of abiogenesis alone has been shown in the lab to be incredibly small so already we know that even given the perfect conditions for life, the likelihood that molecules form amino acids and those amino acids form prokaryotic cells is very unlikely.

Setting aside the subsequent roadblocks to intelligent life, we can now replicate these odds over the number of likely planets that could support life and get a good understanding of how many planets it would take before this occured (the number is very small). Then you take into account the stability of the planet to maintain these precarious conditions long enough for intelligent life to form (sun burning out etc.). Earth, for example, has enjoyed a relatively long period of stability we have yet to observe in any other planet, and which is very unlikely. So far we know of only a handful of planets that COULD theoretically support life (specifically an estimated 5% of the planets in the Milky Way Galaxy), none of which are likely to develop intelligent life, and the distance of these planets alone is large enough to defy Light Year parameters, which there is absolutely no evidence in either Quantum Physics or astrophysics that suggests anything, let alone an intelligent life form and it's material aircraft could defy.

The astronomer and astrophysicist Frank Drake developed an equation that takes into account the this likelihood and then applies other factors to illustrate the enormity of this leap in faith. Keep in mind that this is the equation developed for SETI and is in relation to the improbability of getting any kind of verifiable intelligent signal, of which there has yet to be:

The Drake equation states that:

N = R^y X fp X ne X f{\ell} X fi X fc X L

N is the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

R* is the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
    fp is the fraction of those stars that have planets
    ne is the average number of planets that can potentially support life per
    star that has planets
    fℓ is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some
    point
    fi is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
    fc is the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases
    detectable signs of their existence into space
    L is the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into
    space.

And that is just the unlikelihood of ever receiving a signal from them. Now keep in mind that the Big Bang occurred about 13.7 Billion years ago. So your talking about a life form forming that has the ability to somehow detect life elsewhere in the universe, a process that alone would take tens of thousands of light years and lifetimes to accomplish without dying out or having anything else go wrong. And that's before they could even figure out how find a way to get there, which by all accounts is likely to be impossible. There simply hasn't been enough time for this to happen even if you assign the most generous numbers to these variables.

Also, remember, evolution through natural selection isn't inevitable; it only arises when selective pressures warrant a high frequency of genetic mutation replication, so it could very well be that planets that do develop intelligent life, don't develop intellects or animals that use technology because either the reproduction doesn't reward it or the planet doesn't survive long enough. If anything had gone wrong for primates, or any of our other common ancestors, we might be stuck with crocodiles for the past 500 million years instead other forms of intelligent life with no intellect or consciousness. Of the hundreds of millions of species that we can estimate from the fossil record, only one has had the perfect conditions necessary to evolve technology use.

Then you get into the problem of traveling millions of light years as an intact entity, which Quantum physicists do not believe to be possible, in a straight line without crashing into a planet or encountering debris, gasses and other planets, which astrophysicists believe to be impossible. The number of stops and starts that would require to navigate around objects would be a process of such time consumption that it would be essentially prohibitive for any life form to accomplish.

The bottom line is that if you want to believe in Extra Terrestrial UFOs then, like religion, go for it. But its just that; a leap of faith, and while there is zero evidence to actually believe in it, the odds of it's likelihood are so small that it's not really even worth considering as a possibility let alone actually thinking that it has happened and the government is just trying to cover it up.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

WTF WILDO ... :confused2: You took all the fun out of the thread. :mad:

Seriously ... many UFO's are probably experimental flying crafts of our military which means that evidence will stay hidden ... but like I said it's intriguing anyways in an otherwise very boring and humdrum world.
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Actually I think it's highly likely that there is intelligent life somewhere out there (read my previous post) but that has nothing to do with little green men visiting us and the government covering it up. The government "covers" up experimental technology in almost every field, including aerial technology. To take the leap of faith that because you saw a light in the sky and because you can't immediately explain what it is as an average bystander that it must be an alien UFO and the government must be hiding it from us is silly. Not to mention that there has yet to be any evidence of these sightings that isn't either an obvious hoax or can't be explained by something plausible.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Well that's the thing, I know people like to believe in that stuff because it's fun and I have no problem with that, but when it's put forward as something serious I can't get myself to let it slide by:D
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Like I said thanks ... back to the boring usual politcal stuff I guess.
    We'll have to wait for a 'GREY' to run for President or not have a BC to have excitement. :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams

Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. - Edward Abbey
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

All those "experts" who think that it's impossible, or extremely unlikely, are basing their position on whatever science, they know. The limits of it if you will. They, you, nor I, have any clue as to what the possibilities are with respect to travel, or future technology. Attempting to certify a position based on limited, or obsolete information, is illogical. I'd guess that in the 1500's, if you told people we;d visit the moon, the "experts" would say it's impossible. What will the Earth, and it's inhabitants technology be like 1,000 years from now? How about 1,000,000? Try to contemplate a 1,000,000,000 too. The Earth is 4.5 Billion years old, but it's gone through a couple of "system recovery's" if you will, where life was totally zapped to the point where it had to start over. So our calendar might not start on the same dates as the inhabitants of say Crypton. If society survives a million years, can anyone on this planet possibly conceive the level of technology that will exist? I highly, highly doubt it. Having said all that, I have absolutely ZERO clue as to whether or not there is life out there, nor any clue that if there is, they've visited us. I do believe that it is both possible, and if existent, at some point likely. What some expert says about something he couldn't possibly know, carry's little weight in such a discussion. IMO anyway. Imagine 1,000,000 years from now where mankind will be. No one could possibly have a clue.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Thats my neighbors wife, she's only got one tit it's between her shoulder blades, it's pretty good when your dancing with her.
  18. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

A lot of people already think that you're nuts Harry.
    Might as well fill us in.:p
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

How can anybody really believe we are all alone in this vast endless universe.

If we are here why isn't it possible for them to be there.

If some democrat says to you, "there' nothing out there" you say to them "how do you know"

:confused:
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I can't, I'll be killed