PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks Roger! Stat guys at 538 conclude Brady's break has helped the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that doesn't make sense
You guys are actually seeming a little too baffled here, kind of taking the fun out of it. (Although I see you're Simple Jack's brother, so...:p)

Again, it's all kinds of formulas and things if you're into that. I mean, I don't see the Pats winning 1.2 times over the next two games, for example.

I have been saying for a while that if the Pats intend to trade Garoppolo, the Brady suspension is going to blow up in Goodell's face. Without the game and a half that Garoppolo played, the Pats would have trouble even getting the second round pick back. Now they might not only recoup the first and fourth rounders they lost (at higher draft positions), but might get even more.

I would love to see Goodell's face if and when the Pats get something like two firsts (one of the firsts being a top five pick) and a second for Garoppolo after the season. Especially if the Pats go 3-1 or 4-0 in the next two weeks.

You guys are actually seeming a little too baffled here, kind of taking the fun out of it. (Although I see you're Simple Jack's brother, so...:p)

Again, it's all kinds of formulas and things if you're into that. I mean, I don't see the Pats winning 1.2 times over the next two games, for example.
Well, if they cheat, they could...just sayin'.

PS: nice try!

I have been saying for a while that if the Pats intend to trade Garoppolo, the Brady suspension is going to blow up in Goodell's face. Without the game and a half that Garoppolo played, the Pats would have trouble even getting the second round pick back. Now they might not only recoup the first and fourth rounders they lost (at higher draft positions), but might get even more.

I would love to see Goodell's face if and when the Pats get something like two firsts (one of the firsts being a top five pick) and a second for Garoppolo after the season. Especially if the Pats go 3-1 or 4-0 in the next two weeks.

If THAT happens, the video where the news gets broken to Goodell, aka Hitler, would be epic.

Last edited:
And even if we don't trade him (though I think we will), once he's healthy again he is already a much more able backup than he would have been without this experience should anything happen to TB12.

If THAT happens, the video where the news gets broken to Goodell, aka Hitler, would be epic.

Yeah, but I'm not sure I can take many more "Steiner...uhh, Steiner"s ;)

You haven't heard of the site? Led by Nate Silver...not that obscure, really.
Not even close to obscure. Nate Silver is the man. I follow his political analysis a bit more closely than sports, but if you haven't heard of fivethirtyeight.com, you're living under a rock.

Maybe hes really simple jack:D

538 part of the ESPN stable right.

oh **** em then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back