Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thanks Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, May 19, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

You stupid f*cking assshole.

Credit Card Industry Aims to Profit From Sterling Payers - Companies * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

"Credit cards have long been a very good deal for people who pay their bills on time and in full. Even as card companies imposed punitive fees and penalties on those late with their payments, the best customers racked up cash-back rewards, frequent-flier miles and other perks in recent years.

Now Congress is moving to limit the penalties on riskier borrowers, who have become a prime source of billions of dollars in fee revenue for the industry. And to make up for lost income, the card companies are going after those people with sterling credit.

Banks are expected to look at reviving annual fees, curtailing cash-back and other rewards programs and charging interest immediately on a purchase instead of allowing a grace period of weeks, according to bank officials and trade groups."

How many more good things can this prick ruin ???
  2. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

there are easy workarounds for people with good credit.......

first, people with good credit tend to have money in the bank........if you have enough money in the bank, the bank (BofA) in my case, waives all fees and all you pay is interest......I believe this will continue to be the case.....if not, I will just move on to someone like ETRADE

second, if you pay your card off in full each month, then AMEX is the way to go.......they have been most consistent in terms of their policies and have never made any suprises for me

its pretty much all I have for cards, so I doubt this will affect me
  3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I guess we'll see but this is another case of prickboy thinking he knows everything and screwing with private businesses while being clueless about the large unintended consequences. I don't fully take advantage of cash back, etc, but I pay no annual fee and no interest and I want it to stay that for. I sure as hell want to keep the convenience of my credit card and now see that it will likely cost me one way or another.

Thanks, Obama . . . aka prickboy.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Yeah, but remember his speeches are thrilling he has a beautiful smile Michelle has the greatest Arms in the world and we can all look at him and tell ourselves how wonderful we are for electing him he is "America's Poster Boy" now we sit back and watch him sh!t all over us.

President Jug Ears if he wasn't who he is he would still be working in City Hall.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

over the last few momnths, even those who pay bills on time have been having their credit limits reduced, meaning they owe a greater percentage of the credit line., meaning their credit scores have been going down.

Let me get this straight...you people are on the side off legal loan sharks?

check yourselves....30-40% interest is fukcing rape.

I personally don't own one of these things. Learned my credit lesson at a young age, as most should.

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.......DON'T BUY IT!
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Voluntary rape, baby.

My credit card is a fantastic convenience and if this dork we call a President makes it start costing me money for this convenience - well, I'll hate him more than I already do. Which, of course, will be difficult considering my level of hate I already have for him.

Here's an idea - Dorkboy and his lapdogs in Congress should stay out of the business of credit cards and the card companies and customers can agree to, then live up to, whatever terms they sign up to. Interesting concept there :rolleyes:
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Oh I agree that credit cards are voluntary, but have you actually READ the contract you sign? I've heard law students and professors debate the legallity of almost all credit contracts.

There needs to be a cap on interest rates for these things. People spending credit to get airline miles is also delving into a ghost economy. This money for miles, and spending dollars that do not exist for extra goods is part of the snowball, yo.

CREDIT is killing our economy, and its also the lifeblood of it.....its so simple its complex.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I read enough to make sure there's no annual fee and no interest if the card is paid in full on time. If I planned to carry a balance I'd like to think I'd read what I needed to.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think you and I BOTH know the card isn't meant to scam you , or I ....

It preys on the helpless and those who can least afford things. I hear people all the time say things to me like : "You don't have a credit card? what if you lose your job, or need to buy food etc?"

I reply with: "I'll go get another job"

People use this as a supplimental income, and our example? Our enabler? is our own GOVERNMENT, who spends credit like a Housewife of Orange county at an outlet mall. The societal acceptandce of deficit spending is like accepting your mom is a heroin addict, and wondering why you shoot up.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

The inmates are running the assylum. The inmates being losers, deadbeats, and the irresponsible.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

its been that way for quite sometime now, not just since January, yo.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't really care who a credit card is intended for, I just want Obama to but his nose out of it. A contractual agreement between a company and a customer is none of his business.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

like a mortgage?

when a scam is happening, you should want your elected representatives to represent. 35% interest is a SCAM.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

The vote was 90-5 to pass this bill.. does not sound all that partisan. Perhaps Obama has more influence than I realized..
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not in favor of loan modifications either. Unless the government has no say and it is solely between the two parties.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

The congress aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer are they.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

so you are FOR scams, just as long as they are under a contract?

what side of the torture debate are you on again, considering the geneva convention's strict policy against waterboarding?
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Not confident any politician is.. but 90-5 is pretty overwhelming..
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

President Prince Jug Ears is just getting warmed up remember he has almost 4 more years to turn himself into another Hugo (Pig Face) Chavez.

America's New President is a Politically Correct Poster Boy who is hell bent on Dictatorship, he wants himself and his government goons to run every aspect of your life.

Far Left Liberals are always bleating about their freedom well the loons had better hang onto their hats, your SUV, your Gun, your Dentist, your personal Doctor, your phones (he's keeping bush wiretapping) your toilet paper (two squares per a$s wipe) your freedom of speech (talk radio) these and many more of your freedoms will be under attack by your newly elected "Tin God"

But, America elected him, now live with it...

GOD DAMN AMERICA
    GET BUSH
    SAMSON OBAMA IS A CHILD MOLESTER

IT'S THAT ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL BRINGING MY BABY BACK
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't care what party they are from, this is one of obama's pet projects and it's going to backfire on most of us, it appears. An overwhelming vote in the Senate means nothing other than us being stuck with it.