Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thanks for the Opportunity

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by 3 to be 4, Sep 17, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Since I have shown no ability to keep myself from being baited into unhealthy personal exchanges with people hostile to my right to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am going to stop posting here anymore.

I enjoyed the exchanges for the most part, and I enjoyed sharing the music im sure many of you n the Northeast havent had access to. And I have been gratified that the name Jesus Christ has been put there to consider in a region where that is not always welcomed. I have also been very heartened my the number of people who at least viewed these posts, especially the "Old Testament..", the Salvation invitation, and the videos, knowing what they were before they were viewed. If one person was touched by it, then im glad for the experience.

It was never my intention to start a ruckus, it was to offer the hope that is found in Jesus Christ. I knew New England wasnt a fertile ground for this, I moved from Leominster 2 years ago partly because of the lack of reverance for God that I knew was important for my family. But I love Boston and I knew there were people there that needed to talk about this subject.

And to be honest, i was hoping for more support early on from other Christians out there. But they knew, as I found out, what they would be in for.

at some point, I have to give it up for myself. God has better things for me to do than do keep answering false accusations and insinuations from mean spirited, God-less people, many of them who hide behind their purely cultural religion that believes in nothing above themselves.

I grew up Jewish, and I still am Jewish, one who believes that the Jewish Carpenter is my King. I have the utmost respect for Judaism as a whole, and especially Orthodox Jews, for they believe in something. I touched a nerve amongst, not surprisingly, the same types of Jewish people I once was, and grew up around. The kind that find actually practicing their religion to be too inconveniant, so they become "Reform", they go to services once in a while, know some yiddish, eat bagels, tell God what to do, and hate Christians and blame Christians for all the problems of the world. I touched a nerve in them. And they touched one in me.

And its got to stop. So, thank you. its been real.

And I hope you all find your Lord and Savior. He already knows you and He already Loves you.
  2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

I'd not give up so easy if I were you.

The reaction to an evangellical "my way is the only right way" is a reaction you are going to encounter in many places.

If you intend to preach your particular interpretation of the Bible you should try to hone your skills here - but better yet you might actually contemplate some of the interpretations offered by others, that tolerence and respect for the salvation offered by other religions might actually be worthwhile and in keeping with the teachings of Jesus.

Your inability to refrain from expressing anger and profanity is a natural human one - you need to get better at dealing with people, even if they are trying to "push your buttons" but that doesn't mean you should shut yourself off from from a healthy debate.

Indeed, in findig just such a debate it may have dawned on you that your views DO NOT hold up under scrutiny... hence a need to get out of here ASAP.

Personally I don't think your evangellical views that your way is the only right way to salvation hold up to scrutiny. I would grant that Jesus is A way - perhaps even the BEST way - but beyond that I think your views just don't hold up.

Yet what would be so bad about accepting the possibility of the salvation to be found through other religions while offering that Jesus is the BEST way in your opinion?

That approach might help save more souls. Or as us heathens say, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  3. Nikki

Nikki Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Up until this point you have been just an annoyance to me here on this messageboard, but the above quoted statement proves EXACTLY what I thought all along.........

Your desire to "Spread the Word of God" is basically just a way for you to go around feeling superior towards other people, constantly judging them and their "lack of reverance for God"......as seen by you.

Massachusetts has one of, if not the, largest Catholic populations in the United States.........and the fact that in a past post you told me that I shouldn't be confessing to my Priest, but to God, tells me that you either have a problem with the Roman Catholic Church or you are just completely ignorant about any other "Christian" religion other than the one you are spouting.

Go forth and spread the Word of God to the bible-belter region. That seems to be a better captive forum for you. New Englanders are too smart for you.
  4. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

For what its worth, I would strongly recommend you reconsider a philosophy that those who do not interpret the Bible as you do are "hostile" to the spreading of the Gospel.

Some may be, but some may also be hostile to an interpretation that preaches intolerance and closed-mindedness.

Tolerance and the search for truth are two qualities very much in keeping with the Gospel - and God does not fear us searching for truth and questioning.

Always remember that blind adherence to warped interpretations of the Gospel can be dangerous and even deadly, a la the Crusades, and very often, if one searches long and deep enough, they can find words in the Bible that would appear to support their particular interpretation.

There are indeed some inconsistencies in the Bible itself, although I believe the reasons are attributable to the fallability of Man's interpretation. But taken as a whole, the Gospel of Jesus Christ seems to me to be one of acceptance, love, and tolerance, encouraging all to find their path to salvation - and just like the Pope, I believe that salvation is open to more than just one specific sect of those who might be interpreting the Bible the "right" way.
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,184 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

I will take you at your word.
    Goodbye!
  6. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Come on 3toB, don't let some antagonistic disagreement run you off. You are going to come up against this kind of stuff your entire Christian life so you might as well get used to it. Besides where better to hone your skills dealing with than a forum that allows you to have an exchange where you can take as much time as you need and seriously consider your response before you actually give it. Think about it a bit, and if you still feel you need to make a clean break then.......Shalom, I for one will miss you. Take care, CPF
  7. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nikki; did you read my post to you in the "Old Testament " thread? I am interested in any thoughts you might have. Take care, CPF.