Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thanks for making reasoned debate impossible!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 7, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Hey Patters, thanks, in all sincerity!

Though I don't think I can sit around generating 20 threads a day (I'll try but well, see below,) I have benefitted greatly since reasoned debate or the slightest semblance thereof fell out of favor hereabouts.

I've started working out and getting to work (and hence, home from work) earlier. I'm actually paying attention to getting in shape, and I've rented a beach house for a week for Mrs. inVirginia and myself.

All that time devoted to this place, back when the discussions were good and had some substance.... what a waste!

I reserve the right, of course, to pop in and comment... but gone are the days of being a slave to boredom in the offseason!

So thanks for letting the place go to hell in a handbasket!!! The dumb part was thinking it was worth the time in the first place! Seriously... total sedentary lifestyle, in exchange for what? Think of all the poker I can play now!

PFnV
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

I still love ya, have fun at the Beach House and stay away from the TV............:p
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +200 / 3 / -10

"This place sure gone crazy!"

No doubt PFiVA, but whattayagonnado? A few people can bring down the level of conversation very quickly...it's too bad, I agree.

Keep in mind that we're experiencing historical times. The stress and fear being incurred upon us each day is more than we can understand. When people are frightened, they get angry and resentful.

I don't think it matters who our president is right now....we'd be acting the same way regardless.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... don't go away mad!!

//
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Classic!
    Dudley Dickenson in "A Plumbing We WIll Go"

Yes...I know waaaaaaay too much about The Stooges.:(
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Do you mean the stooges here or on T.V.? :confused: ;)
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

[​IMG]
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

Not for nothing, but haven't you been spamming the forum with ridiculous threads the last few weeks? My guess was that you were doing it as a counter to NEP's ridiculous spamming, but none the less, you contributed to that which you just criticized above. So now, you post a thread, to sarcastically thank (really blame) Patters for letting the forum go to poop. Too funny.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's the old "sympathy" ploy: threaten to quit when the going gets a little tough. PressCover started it. When things don't go THEIR way, when people challenge THEM, when they cannot control the debate, they cry "foul" and threaten to take their marbles and run. It would be funny if it were not so sad.

//
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

The forum has taken a bit of a dip in quality. I'll be the first to say it. It's why I don't post as much as I used to. If you look, you'll notice a lot of the more normal posters don't come as much. It's the childish manner with which certain fellows have conversed in here. The thing is, this is an open forum. If you don't like what's written here, ignore it, or leave. I tend to ignore the people, and/or threads, that I find stupid.
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Ironic isn't it. Typical of a liberal, blaming others instead of looking in the mirror.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Can anybody say, "Palin"?:rofl::nono:
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Same here.

Anyhow, we're all "evolving", right? So, after due diligence and sincere effort, I'm sure we'll get to a better place, something better for ALL. Let's hope (and act).

//
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"It ain't over 'til it's over." -- the Yog

;)

//
  15. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Don't forget your fish. :D Be cool.
  16. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everyone comes to his defense for doing it yet are quick to pile on NEPatriot for doing it...

what is worse someone who unknowingly spams or someone who knowingly and maliciously spams?
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

LMAO oh who CARES!

And yep of COURSE I pulled a Palin! Absolutely too funny! I feel it's encumbent upon me to point out, however, that all I'm doing is throwing in the towel, not quitting, obviously reserving the right to ping, but without any sense of bloody gravity about it unless/until that's the order of the day. And there's a diff between punting on a whole state and on a bulletin board forum.

I like what I saw of the "new rule," personally, by the way; in terms of me spamming, heck, maybe on a weekend, or if I'm into it, but certainly not in excess of the 4-thread quota.

Anyhoo I'm not quitting, and don't recall saying I am... but it's definitely way easier to just stay away, which (if I may insert some sincerity into such a terribly barbed, self-pitying, and poisonous thread -- on my part, you doofuses, so don't go saying I'm spazzing at youze,) I am sincerely glad I'm back to working out, adding a walk to the next subway stop, etc. Maybe Greenpeace won't try to "tow me back home" at the beach that way ;) I think it really is cool to do something not revolving around gray matter now and again, and the toilet we were so busy flushing ourselves down was the perfect route to freedom. Hallelujah! I think this happened in The Matrix.

So in closing, I asked my three cats and my wife what to do, and I got three "meows" and one "hell meow!" I'll let you guess who said what. I feel I can do more for this forum from outside, where the savage bloodsport that is wrong with our posting today will not affect my ability to post. I find the response to my quasi-quitting predictable, but whenever I post something different rules seem to apply. I have 3.2 million new friends on facebook...

As Douglas MacArthur said in a completely different context, this isn't a retreat, it's an advance in another direction.

God bless you all, and God Bless America!
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

:beersign:... :nooo: ... :wha: ... :nooo: ...:idontgetit:...
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

When he posts, not too many people do. :D
  20. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

"some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

This is the Feste line, not the Malvolio line!