PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I really think the Dynasty is done. I love the Pats, but this was their best chance to keep it going. I've seen it happen to the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys. Key players get old, other players leave, having to draft late sooner or later hurts you. I think we are in for more defections in the off season, I think Samuel is gone, so though we have 2 #1 picks, we know we have to spend one on a stud CB, who may take 4 years like Samuel did before he became good. Sports is very cyclical, and I think we are done. Though we will have more draft picks to add to the team, I'm not feeling as good about the 2006 draft as I was earlier in the year. I don't see anything in Maroney or Jackson that suggests greatness. Also, we have a killer schedule next year, Brady will be 30 next year, Bruschi, Vrabel & Harrison will be a year older. Not to mention, 2007 may be Belicheck's last year. Dynasties come to an end, let's be happy with what we had, and hope we can see another one some day. Being a Yankee fan, our Pats got Red Soxed, despite playing their hearts out, they lost an 18 point lead, no team has ever won a Conference Championship game after being behind 18.

Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

You are a idiot,but thanks for playing.

Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

I tend to agree that the dynasty is over. I see us being very competitive for a long time. I just don't see us dominating any more. I was hoping we could pull off one more SB before it ended, and truly felt like we would win that 4th in 6 years. Beleive me, we knew it would happen one day. I was just hoping we could get one more before it does. We had our chance, and let it slip away.

Even so, been a Pats fan in the good times, the horrendous times and everything in between, so I am still one, will continue to be one. That will not change.

EZ76

Are you kidding? Rebuild? Have you watched this team at all over the past few years? They have 2 - 1st round picks, they basically redshirt their rookies so they should contribute more next year and look at all the injuries on defense they're overcome this year....

I expect them to be right back in the mix next year. Hopefully, they can upgrade some positions but, they really don't need much to maintain where they are today!

Big loss, it hurts a lot but, lets not jump off the Tobin Bridge!!!

Reverse venemous comments.

I really think the Dynasty is done. I love the Pats, but this was their best chance to keep it going. I've seen it happen to the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys. Key players get old, other players leave, having to draft late sooner or later hurts you. I think we are in for more defections in the off season, I think Samuel is gone, so though we have 2 #1 picks, we know we have to spend one on a stud CB, who may take 4 years like Samuel did before he became good. Sports is very cyclical, and I think we are done. Though we will have more draft picks to add to the team, I'm not feeling as good about the 2006 draft as I was earlier in the year. I don't see anything in Maroney or Jackson that suggests greatness. Also, we have a killer schedule next year, Brady will be 30 next year, Bruschi, Vrabel & Harrison will be a year older. Not to mention, 2007 may be Belicheck's last year. Dynasties come to an end, let's be happy with what we had, and hope we can see another one some day. Being a Yankee fan, our Pats got Red Soxed, despite playing their hearts out, they lost an 18 point lead, no team has ever won a Conference Championship game after being behind 18.

How can you say the dynasty is over when we were 4 points away from going to the superbowl? Let's see how the roster pans out for next year, then make your assumptions. For now, what you're saying is a bit premature.

The whole "dynasty" thing is a load of crap anyway. It's meaningless.

The Pats have played CONSISTENTLY WELL for 6 years now.

So they've lost a couple of AFC games... they've at least been making it to the playoffs every year.

You REALLY need to get some perspective.

Dynasty is not over. It's tough to fall back on, but Brady and Belichick are still here.
How many teams have won 3 super bowls, made the divisional round, and made the AFC championship over the course of 6 years? Just because they lost today doesn't mean this isn't a great organization that will still be successful.

To a point, every team rebuilds; every year. It's called the draft and the free agency.

So, I guess you could say that every team does this... every year.

Needs:

cb
wr
linebacker
safety

those are the glaring positions...

Ask Dungee or Manning. They will tell you that the patriots dynasty is not over.

As long as we have #12 the dynasty is not over :) :)

They won a playoff game last year, won two this year and came within 4 pts of going to their 4th SB in 6 yrs. You must have started watching the Pats a few years ago to be so pessimistic about losing in the AFCC to a team that we beat twice in the playoffs in the last 3 years. It sucks to lose but was still a great season.

I think people are just stunned and disappointed after a crappy and heartbreaking loss. Fans are going to feel this way because frankly, it looked as though we were to run away with it through halftime.

As for me, I thought we were playing with house money all along, so while I was hugely disappointed, I feel more empty and odd than anything else. I think the dominance they showed in the first half is what makes this loss tough to swallow more than anything else. But as people have been pointing out, our team was drained with injuries and the flu. We just plain ran out of steam. We'll be back though, I have no doubt.

Last edited:

Talk about jumping off the bandwagon.

4 out of 6 would have been sweet, but 4 out of 7 won't be any less the sweetness.

The whole "dynasty" thing is a load of crap anyway. It's meaningless.

The Pats have played CONSISTENTLY WELL for 6 years now.

So they've lost a couple of AFC games... they've at least been making it to the playoffs every year.

You REALLY need to get some perspective.

I think you are all misunderstanding my thread, it's not a negative thread, it's just saying that I think they dynasty is over. To consider the next year or two as part of this current dynasty, we'd actually have to win a championship. Typically teams that lose 3 or 4 years in a row aren't considered a dynasty. So we'd have to win one in the next year or two, I just don't see that happening, and I stated why in my thread. This doesn't make me less of a Pats fan, or an idiot, just my opinion. All the stars have to be aligned to get back to the SB, and I don't see that in these current Patriots. 2 or 3 years ago, there's no way what happened tonight would've happened. I will always root for the Pats, I live and die with them, but I just happen to think the dynasty is finished.........for now.

The team is spent from a huge battle in San Diego and possibly the flu, then go down in the last minute of the conference championship, and you say the dynasty is over?

Dude, when the Cowboys in lost in the '96 divisionals, their dynasty was *not* over then. But it was over when they went 6-10 in the following season.

The Steelers in the 70s won back-to-back Super Bowls, then were down for two seasons (their 76 team decimated by injuries not unlike the Pats last season), then came and won back-to-back again. That was a dynasty. And until the Pats show they are no longer capable of contednign for the crown, then perhaps the dynasty is over.

But seriously... who the hell are you to declare it official?

The Pats DO have to rebuild and restock talent. But I see no reason to think we won't make it to the big show again next year if we do our homework correctly in the offseason and make the right moves. Instead of "doom and gloom" why don't you suggest a positive plan for the rebuilding effort?

was the 49er dynasty over when they lost to the giants 49-3 in the 86" wild card game?

If you think the Patriots run on a make a run for it/rebuild philosophy, you are sadly mistaken and I am embarrassed to have you as a fellow fan of the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back