Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
let's say thanks to him for a great amazing season he had with us

difficult to forget

thanks Matt for it and good luck

cassel_davis__1230559470_7900.jpg

A great Player, a great man! Good Luck Matt!

He was definitely a bright spot in an otherwise gloom 2008 season. Thanks Cassel, best of luck in KC! I hope he and the Chiefs are successful, except against the Patriots of course. :)

Thank you, Matt! :D

Best of luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS!

I could care less how he fares.

I was miserable watching him this year, although he progressed quite amazingly. Seeing our biggest weapons being wasted was tough to swallow early in the season.

WAR BRADY

Good luck and God speed. Matt Cassel.:)

As a past skeptic (weren't we all??), congrats to Matt for cashing in big time! Not only that, we owe Matt a word of thanks for getting good value back to the Pats when most of us didn't care a year ago if he walked away.

Im gonna miss his awesome ability to scramble for TD's ! :( GOOD LUCK MATT

Thank you Matt. You made me and a bunch of others look like fools with your play. Fantastic season, and one I won't forget for a long time. :)

I think the Chiefs just became my second favourite team. Pioli, Vrabel, Cassel. :)

Congrats on your promotion Matt Cassel. You made the most of your opportunity and you grew and shined right before our eyes. Good luck in KC, except when you're playing against us! Pioli is one lucky GM to have you on his team today!

Thank you Matt for the great season and congrdulations on the promotion I take back all those nasty things i wrote about you last summer, you deffinetly proved me and a lot of others wrong. And by the way Tahnks for the second rnd pick. :p

Last edited:
As a past skeptic (weren't we all??), congrats to Matt for cashing in big time! Not only that, we owe Matt a word of thanks for getting good value back to the Pats when most of us didn't care a year ago if he walked away.

HECK yeah! 11-5 and a free high draft pick, that's a mighty fine return on an unheralded backup.

Thanks, Matt!

I hope Cassel whups Denver and SD twice a year each and ends up clearly being the better QB than Philip Rivers or Jay Cutler. Ideally, we will beat KC in the AFC Champsionship game for the next 4 years.

That final drive against the jest, the way he proved himself when so many had him stacking shelves the rest of his life. If anyone deserves thanks and good wishes its this fella.

I'm sure this youtube has been posted here more than once, but what the hell. Worth it just for the awesome Queen song!

YouTube - Matt Cassel 2008 Tribute

Bye Matty! :bye2:

Thanks for everything and best of luck to you! And as ECSTATIC as I am that TFB is coming back, I have to admit I'll miss watching you run your little butt off for 1st downs and TDs.

My fave one in that vid is the little pop-up he did in the Miami endzone after the TD. :D

Last edited:
Good luck, Matt! I'm happy for you and your attractive wife.

I'm sure this youtube has been posted here more than once, but what the hell. Worth it just for the awesome Queen song!

YouTube - Matt Cassel 2008 Tribute

Bye Matty! :bye2:

Thanks for everything and best of luck to you! And as ECSTATIC as I am that TFB is coming back, I have to admit I'll miss watching you run your little butt off for 1st downs and TDs.

My fave one in that vid is the little pop-up he did in the Miami endzone after the TD. :D

What a great video -- I hadn't seen it. And yes, he became a very good quarterback in the course of last season. I'm happy for him and thank him and wish him every success. (Special memories of watching him totally outplay Kurt Warner in the snow.)

Matt::youtheman:

This pic from the Raiders game after his father died gives me the chills.
matt_cassel.jpg

Thanks for the video post.

It was a great year watching him improve each week. 2008 was a special year.

Kick the crap out of the Chargers Matt. Good luck and thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes