PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks, Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm...yes, producing a product for sale is all about $. Is that wrong? :confused:

Presumably nobody would object to the Globe offering such a book for sale after a perfect season were completed, right? In order to make that possible, they have to get the project started speculatively before hand.

Is anybody up in arms that Reebok is printing Giants Superbowl Champions t-shirts as we speak? It's just a practical necessity.

It's economics based on the principle that the next BIG thing will knock their desire to buy out of their head.

I make no judgment on the entrepreneurial.....

This is very, VERY bad. That should not be there. Crap.

:mad:

:bricks:

Well, you can't really blame them for starting to compile this, given that they'd probably want to go to press as soon as the Super Bowl was over.

Believe it or not, they're already making Patriots AND Giants Super Bowl Apparel. Companies do this every year, and it's not any more of a jinx now.

Disclaimer!!!
"Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."
DW Toys

Re: Boston Globe jumps the gun...

Hmm...second thread on this today.

Re: Boston Globe jumps the gun...

Wished the search worked better. I looked. Honest.

Umm...yes, producing a product for sale is all about $. Is that wrong? :confused:

Presumably nobody would object to the Globe offering such a book for sale after a perfect season were completed, right? In order to make that possible, they have to get the project started speculatively before hand.

Is anybody up in arms that Reebok is printing Giants Superbowl Champions t-shirts as we speak? It's just a practical necessity.

Greed is wrong Patchick...I'm pretty sure almost everyone but the greedy would agree with that.

don't think there is any debate that can counter the fact that greed is wrong. How would it be if a book were put up for sales called "Obama wins election, becomes 1st....."?

Let us just pray that the day never comes when greed is OK.

Last edited:
Why no outrage against Boston Globe?

Sorry if this has already been posted but I didn't see a thread on this topic.
Boston Globe is apparently writing a book on 19-0 and they are taking pre-orders for this book already on amazon.com. This infuriates me and I hope other Pats fans are pissed off enough to boycott this book. First of all Boston Globe, a patriots haters' club (except for Reiss and Gasper) has no right to make money on the success of Patriots, a team they try to hurt at every opportunity. Secondly, taking pre-orders before superbowl on a book about a team that is known for taking absolutely nothing for granted and giving ammunition to the opposition players makes me even more angry about the book. It is probably a deliberate act on NY Times' (which owns Boston Globe) part.
What do other Pats fans think about this?

Re: Why no outrage against Boston Globe?

It was covered to death here in the last couple of days. And there is one on the Giants winning the Superbowl that you can also pre order on Amazon. These kinds of things are always available for pre order in similar circumstances...

It was covered to death here in the last couple of days. And there is one on the Giants winning the Superbowl that you can also pre order on Amazon. These kinds of things are always available for pre order in similar circumstances...

Sorry, I totally missed previous threads discussing this topic. I guess seeing that Boston Globe is writing this book riled me up more than just the fact that this book is available for pre-order.

Last edited:

I'm outraged at the Globe on a daily basis but not because of some stupid book.

It is probably a deliberate act on NY Times' (which owns Boston Globe) part.

This is what I thought. They are trying to jinx us and make $$ off us. A boycott is a good idea.

Sorry if this has already been posted but I didn't see a thread on this topic.
Boston Globe is apparently writing a book on 19-0 and they are taking pre-orders for this book already on amazon.com. This infuriates me and I hope other Pats fans are pissed off enough to boycott this book. First of all Boston Globe, a patriots haters' club (except for Reiss and Gasper) has no right to make money on the success of Patriots, a team they try to hurt at every opportunity. Secondly, taking pre-orders before superbowl on a book about a team that is known for taking absolutely nothing for granted and giving ammunition to the opposition players makes me even more angry about the book. It is probably a deliberate act on NY Times' (which owns Boston Globe) part.

That was pulled but the pre order of the Superbowl champ Giants is still up take a look

http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Giants-Super-Champions/dp/1596703075/ref=pd_nr_b_71?ie=UTF8&s=books

Please, there is a similar book out on Amazon about the Giants. There will be champion t-shirts and hats etc printed about both teams.

There's nothing wrong with getting a jump and there's nothing to jinxes etc.

The Sox were on the cover of SI four or five times this fall before they won it, and the Pats were on the cover with stories about their perfect season several times.

The team that plays the best on Sunday will win, and Tom Coughlin wont be able to even get a motivational speech going about the book because there's one on the Giants too, and I'm sure that's been mentioned to the Giants players.

Keep reading the Globe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back