PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also guys, I was just reminded of this through PM. If you practice any sort of religion, this is a prayer that you can say for the vets if you get the chance...

O Prince of Peace, we humbly ask Your protection for all our men and women in military service. Give them unflinching courage to defend with honor, dignity, and devotion the rights of all who are imperiled by injustice and evil. Guard our churches, our homes, our schools, our hospitals, our factories, our buildings, and all those within from harm and peril. Protect our land and its peoples from enemies from within and without. Grant an early peace with victory founded upon justice. Instill in the hearts and minds of men and women everywhere a firm purpose to live forever in peace and good will toward all. Amen.

Happy Veterans Day to all of you who serve, and have served
THANK YOU!!!

Bravo Zulu to all the vets! Thanks for all you do. We all owe you a debt of gratitude!!!! You are all underpaid!

Just adding my thanks to all those who have served and serve the country! Thanks to all of you for making our lives better!

Deb

From this ex-Jarhead, I say you're welcome.

Though I gotta admit that, having served in the Air Wing (H&MS-31, MCAS Beaufort SC) during the swingin' 80s, I had it far, far easier than those who preceded me in Viet Nam and who proceeded me in Desert Storm/Shield. Those men are the true Patriots, and truly deserve our thanks & gratitude.

Every year, I like to thank my uncle for the time and hard work he put in for the service. I've learned how much this means to him. So let me reach to every Vet here, and say "THANK YOU" for the all the blood, sweat and tears you've put into your job. Thanks for the years you put in, the difficulties and frustrations you've endured... You guys are stepping up to the plate for all of us no matter what your task, and it IS appreciated.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that I owe a debt to all vets, especially my father (who served in WWII and spent nearly a year in the hospital as a result) and my nephew (who enlisted in the reserves in 2000 thinking it would be a free ride, then went through Hell in Iraq, which has affected his life to this day.) Thank You to them and everyone else who has served our country.

Last edited:
Definition of a Veteran Anonymous

'Veteran -- whether active duty, honorably discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact'

Thank you to all who have served and who are continuing to serve today.

"This we will defend"

"Workhorse Sir" (not the dolts poster, my units nickname in Germany)

Last edited:
I'm waaay up in the mountains on a small FOB in Afghanistan right now (satellite internet link....sssslowww), we had a small ceremony this morning to observe Veteran's Day and to honor our fallen. Our task force is only a little under 800, we have lost 8 KIA and many times that wounded, injured, etc. (do the math on that per 100 :( )
This went over the loud speaker;

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields."

— Lt.-Col. John McCrae

Not to be a downer, but we observe this day we dont celebrate.

To you and your batallion: Keep your heads down and we'll see you guys soon! Pop in now and again when you can :)

To all: Better late than never but I'd like to add a big THANK YOU as well!

I'm waaay up in the mountains on a small FOB in Afghanistan right now (satellite internet link....sssslowww), we had a small ceremony this morning to observe Veteran's Day and to honor our fallen. Our task force is only a little under 800, we have lost 8 KIA and many times that wounded, injured, etc. (do the math on that per 100 :( )
Not to be a downer, but we observe this day we dont celebrate.
My baby bro is over there managing medical issues for one of the regions and I'm sure working up a nasty case of Post Traumatic Stress as he also has to do the post mortem for each death between his field work and supervision of all the medics, corpsman, nurses, and at least one doctor (he's a Physician's Assistant with an ER Specialty) - his grandkids need him back. God Bless, come home safely, remember to also take care of yourself after you get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back