PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob85ne

On the Roster
Reaction score
I'm a bit stunned at the flack Brady is taking.

It wasn't his greatest overall performance as a whole, he was playing excellent until that hit, then after not as accurate. Will we ever know the true extent of that injury? Maybe in an autobiography.

Tom Brady is held to a standard by some fans that is impossible to maintain, constant perfection is expected. This man has given this franchise amazing success and has a winning record second to none. He has played through injury etc been a team player and when he shows signs that he is human he is set upon.

This strange thing as well is this thing about losing Super Bowls, to get there is an amazing achievement. You want to win of course but even ones Brady hasn't won have been decided on moments that could've gone either way. As Brady himself says you'd rather get there and lose than not be there at all.

I would say that fans will appreciate this period once Brady and Belichick have gone. But those fans who rip Brady now will be long gone once the Patriots have missed the playoffs for a couple of seasons.

As I come to the end of my rant I leave with this. It has been a pleasure to watch Brady quarterback this team and I look forward to watching the rest of his career. He has given me more than enough great moments as a Patriots fan than I could wish for, as Bill says I wouldn't want another Quarterback.

Thank you Tom Brady

you are right, too many so called fans expect perfection. Far too many fans never truly appreciate a great athlete until they are gone.

I would'nt be surprised if he goes to 2 more and wins both

I approve of this message.

I don't star posts often except in retaliation for the moron or morons that would one star a thread like this...

It's true that when he and Bill are gone they will be gone too or complaining louder than ever about how it's beneath them to root for a friggin' 5-11 team and demanding somebody better fix it.

Well said. I get pissed that so many people have such animosity toward a guy who does things right on and off.

you are right, too many so called fans expect perfection. Far too many fans never truly appreciate a great athlete until they are gone.

Players like Brady come around once in a lifetime.

Like Larry Bird, Bobby Orr and Carl Yaz. I dare say that Brady will go down as the greatest NE Patriot ever and there have been some good ones before him.

As Great as he is on the field, he's even better off the field. Tom and Giselle do a lot for charity, most of which we'll probably never know about. For all the BS and pressure that comes his way he NEVER cracks.

FWIW... I know a Brazilian Girl who worked in Brady's Condo for a month doing housekeeping. She told me a few interesting things about him and Giselle. But she said they were both always so polite and respectful to everyone they came in contact with.

P.S. For all you who think Giselle distracts Brady, my friend told me that he watches hours and hours of film at home every week and she never once distracted him. LOL.

Last edited:
Brady's been getting undeserved flack his entire career, whether it's due to Manning fanboys or bitter fans/media that hopped on the Spygate bandwagon. I'd give my left arm to see him get 2 more rings and go down as the unquestioned GOAT, nobody deserves it more than him after all the bull****

Thanks for all the great memories, Tom, not just from this season but over the past 11 years. Here's to a few more memorable seasons to come before you ride off into the sunset!

I didn't even have to read the post before I hit the like button.
Tom absolutely deserves a thread like this after all the negative remarks and taunting from opposing players he has been receiving for daring to not win the Superbowl twice in a row.
This man has brought so much, not just great, but legendary football to New England and all true fans of football.
And he is not done yet!:rocker:

btw- A big thumbs up to the OP for not only a great thread starter but also a great post to kick it off.

Agreed, for the past decade, Tom and Bill have made the Patriots the most dangerous team. And when Tom retires, we'll never know if we can find another QB like him.

And as a person, Tom is also great. He's always humble and has never done anything ridiculous. Its just ludicrous that people hate on Tom because he has never done anything to deserve it.

It's been a good ride and will continue to be a good ride. Hopefully we'll make it back to the big dance before Tom retires.

I'm actually sort of stunned at the national reaction to Brady & the Pats loss.

It's like everyone couldn't wait after those 1st 3 Lombardi's to have one moment where they could say, "See? Told ya he wasn't all that..."

And here's the kicker - Brady just played his best of the 5 Superbowls, imo. The INT? That's a pass any QB will throw to an exceptional receiver, hoping he makes a play. The pass to Welker? It hit him in both hands (and not blaming Welker, either - like TB said, they just didn't connect).

He was 16-16 at one point, on 2 long, masterful TD drives. With one good shoulder, he almost led a miraculous drive with 57 seconds to go (and believe you me, it would have been a heckuva lot more interesting for Giants fans if Hernandez caught an easy pass, or especially if Branch hangs on and takes it another 20 yards or so...)

Tom Brady is a hard working individual who has worked his butt of for everything he has in his life. Nothing came to him on a silver platter always being doubted since High School. Ever since I watched the Brady Six, I knew that no matter what he has and deserves every patriots fan loyalty. He has led the team to the best winning Pct in league history by any QB and has stats to back them up. He consistently has put the team in the playoffs with the exception of 2002 and 2008(injury year). He has done everything the right way and with utmost professionalism yet people like to mock him, disrespect him, and never give him the credit he truly deserves. I hope this season he gets another shot at that 4th ring and cements himself as the GOAT.

Absolutely. For the life of me I just can't understand the animosity that people have for Brady and the Pats. They NEVER talk trash, are always humble in victory and graceful in defeat. They're a 'team-first' organization with top-rate individuals from the equipment manager up to the Krafts and yet the national media piles on them every chance they get. People don't realize how close the Pats have come to winning 3 more SuperBowls. The '06 AFCCG loss(as if they wouldn't have beaten the Bears), '07 and '11. We are very lucky as fans to have Brady and BB.

Yeah, I like what Rodney said - People are just taking this opportunity to rip into Brady. They act like Brady's mistakes cost us the game. How many quarterbacks played a perfect game against the Giants this year? Brees? It says a lot about our team when Brady has to have a perfect, mistake-free game in order for us to escape with the win.

I'm a bit stunned at the flack Brady is taking.

It wasn't his greatest overall performance as a whole, he was playing excellent until that hit, then after not as accurate. Will we ever know the true extent of that injury? Maybe in an autobiography.

Tom Brady is held to a standard by some fans that is impossible to maintain, constant perfection is expected. This man has given this franchise amazing success and has a winning record second to none. He has played through injury etc been a team player and when he shows signs that he is human he is set upon.

This strange thing as well is this thing about losing Super Bowls, to get there is an amazing achievement. You want to win of course but even ones Brady hasn't won have been decided on moments that could've gone either way. As Brady himself says you'd rather get there and lose than not be there at all.

I would say that fans will appreciate this period once Brady and Belichick have gone. But those fans who rip Brady now will be long gone once the Patriots have missed the playoffs for a couple of seasons.

As I come to the end of my rant I leave with this. It has been a pleasure to watch Brady quarterback this team and I look forward to watching the rest of his career. He has given me more than enough great moments as a Patriots fan than I could wish for, as Bill says I wouldn't want another Quarterback.

Thank you Tom Brady

I couldn't agree more. He is my favorite athlete of all time and will most likely always be. Thank You Tom.

I'm amazed how cool he is off the field. Paparazzi all over the world, fans & Pats haters always in his face. Opposing players always trying to get under his skin on & off the field.
The guy always handles every situation with tact & grace. I would've shot someone by now.

Thank you Tom Brady for the best years of football I've ever witnessed, for playing with heart and true grit and setting the bar higher than anyone could've imagined.

He takes nothing for granted and works for everything. What critic's? I haven't heard a word, they're not worth mentioning nor worthy of any attention.

Thank you for another great season Tom Brady and the NE patriots organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye