PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Rodney - it was a good ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn't make sense to me is his LEFT leg got caught, yet his RIGHT leg was being attended to. I don't get it! :( I friggin hate knee injuries.

What doesn't make sense to me is his LEFT leg got caught, yet his RIGHT leg was being attended to. I don't get it! :( I friggin hate knee injuries.

lol. it's like when brady was holding his hand below his knee yet he tore his acl and mcl.

i never give up on Rodney, he can play until he is 40 it dont matter to me, he was/is the heart and sole of this D since he got here. He can do whatever he wants if he wants to retire thats ok too hes given us more than expected especially after his 1st knee injury.

Just a thought though...

looks like he hurt the outside of his left knee, i think that is an acl? Was the same knee he blew out before, so maybe he cant come back from it. But its early in the season, if he has surgery quickly he could rehab with Brady and come back one more year for one more run at it. Start on the pup would be ideal.

I believe it was his left knee before. I think the worst sign was Bru coming out and hugging Rodney.........that's very telling!

Last edited:
Richard was just on ESPN and said it did not look good.

Rodney is an all-time Pats great and one of my favorite players ever, regardless of whether he's done now or not.

Agreed, get well soon Rodney. I think and hope too that John Lynch gets signed this week.

Anyone with TIVO?? Rodney left the game earlier and my guess is that it was a earlier play that he did the damage and the tough guy he is he tried playing on it. If you watch "the play" that they keep replaying he is limping BEFORE he makes that cut! The way the D acted, I would bet it was a Denver cut block done intentionally on Rodney. The tape will come out, I dont think he caught his toe in the turf....Thanks for the HITS Rodney, you will be missed!

Sorry to way after listening to the radio it sounds like this could be it for Rodneys carreer. I hope not, hes one of my favorite players.But he was heard saying as he was being carted into the tunnel "this is it,its all over". Of course this is hear say,but at his age does he really want to go through re-hab again? What would it be 3 times in five years?

Last edited:
If this is the end, thank you for all you've done for the Pats over the years. You will be missed, Rodney! But hopefully it's just a 2-3 week injury and he'll be back in no time...

Last edited:
Bill seldom comments, he knew nothing about Morris, but he knew on Rodney it looked bad. Cassel said they all went in to the training room post game and thanked him for all he's done...and then quickly caught himself and said he has no idea what the injury is and they hope he can get back...but they all seem to sense he's done.

Rodney is by far my favorite player on the Patriots and in the NFL. He is as fierce a competitor as there is and yet always carrys himself with grace, class and good humor. I don't care what the haters say about his "dirty rep." The guy truly has the heart of a lion.

Great win tonight but I will take no joy in it if Rodney is done. Just praying for the best.

Last edited:
That injury was eerie. I have a bad feeling that this might be it for Rodney's career. I can't blame him if he decides not to come back either. This man has had some DEVASTATING knee injuries over the past few years. He's a human being. There is only so much he can take. :(

Couple pics of it from the game. Get well soon, Rodney!

83363540.jpg

83363488.jpg

Found this quote on Reiss' Blog from Tedy:

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi

(On what he said to Rodney Harrison after he was injured)
"I'm going to keep that to myself if you don't mind. Rodney is one of my favorite teammates of all time and I just went out there to check on him. What I told him and he told me was something between us."

Last edited:
Have to wonder if another photo opp like this will ever come up:

nep4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back