PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Miami, Oaklands 6-10 record nets Patriots 12th pick in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patpartizan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Things returning to normal hopefully
Dec 5 @San Diego 4:05pm L
Dec 12 @Jacksonville 1:00pm L
Dec 19 Denver 4:15pm W
Dec 26 Indianapolis 4:05pm L
Jan 2 @Kansas City 1:00pm L

They could also lose out in vintage Raiders style. That would be sweet.

Hopefully the Raiders start to stack up the Ls, and not just for the sake of our draft pick. The world is bizarre enough without trying to think of the Raiders in the playoffs.

Guess we'll need to start cheering for a bunch of .500 teams to surpass them as well.

I'd still take an Oakland win over SD. Would love to see SD get knocked out of the playoffs and that would probably do it since they are unlikely to be a wildcard.

The Chargers' "we'll take the first 6 weeks of the season off and play like crap but still make the playoffs" act is highly annoying. It's time that it comes to an end.

Last edited:
I'd still take an Oakland win over SD. Would love to see SD get knocked out of the playoffs and that would probably do it since they are unlikely to be a wildcard.

The Chargers' "we'll take the first 6 weeks of the season off and play like crap but still make the playoffs" act is highly annoying. It's time that it comes to an end.

Screw THAT, buddy.

NEXT year is plenty soon, enough, when they DON'T affect a juicy Draft Pick of ours.

i don't get the title. if the raiders finish with a 6-10 record then we will have a much higher pick than 12th. :confused:

Screw THAT, buddy.

NEXT year is plenty soon, enough, when they DON'T affect a juicy Draft Pick of ours.

I'll worry about the pick when it's time to worry about it. In April. Right now SD is probably the second most dangerous team in the AFC. I don't care to see them again, especially at their place.

It's also possible BB trades out of one of those 1st rounders anyway if there is no salary limit on rookies AKA the status quo.

I picked Oakland b/c it's highly unlikely Denver beats SD. Of course it's highly unlikely Oakland beats them either the way SD is playing.

Also, the Panthers lost. We need them to have the second worst record so we can pick first in the second round. Wow! That's close to having 3 first rounders. I believe BB would probably trade our 2nd for a #1 in the following draft, which is fine with me.

Also, the Panthers lost. We need them to have the second worst record so we can pick first in the second round. Wow! That's close to having 3 first rounders. I believe BB would probably trade our 2nd for a #1 in the following draft, which is fine with me.

That's only true if the Panthers are tied for the worst record.

If the Panthers are alone with the worst record, then it's all good. ;)

That's only true if the Panthers are tied for the worst record.

If the Panthers are alone with the worst record, then it's all good. ;)

No, if I'm not mistaken, I think the second worst team picks first in the second round.

You are mistaken. Worst team picks first in all rounds. If there is a tie for worst record, tiebreakers apply to 1st round, then rest of rounds are rotated...

No, if I'm not mistaken, I think the second worst team picks first in the second round.

I'm missing something here. Why would that be? Where would the worst team pick?

you are in fact mistaken. If both are 1-15 then the person who picks second in the 1st would then pick 1st in the 2nd round but that's only if they have an = record.

12th? thats it?
in the 10' draft the jags went 7-9 and picked 10 overall

12th? thats it?
in the 10' draft the jags went 7-9 and picked 10 overall

There is a lot of teams 6-5 or 5-6, I was probably conservative but anything lower and I will be pleasently surprised.

There is a lot of teams 6-5 or 5-6, I was probably conservative but anything lower and I will be pleasently surprised.

well if they do lose out like we all hope they do then i would expect at least a top 10 pick.
i doubt the other 5 and 6 win teams lose out like the raiders

lets cross our fingers :D

Aslong as the pick nets us Mark Ingram, I don't care where it is.

I don't want Ingram that high. I want a stud OLB or DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back